Page 17 of 669 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Comics
    [INDENT]1. I really liked Whedon's run.
    I get that it wasn't perfect. His characterizations didn't offer depth, some of the cast was 'off', and his stories weren't the most original. But somehow it was fun, and good entry point for casual fans. Plus, he made me a Cyclops and a Scemma fan (which were pretty hard sells at the time).
    Wouldn't really consider this controversial. I'm not a big fan myself but I know I'm in the minority.

2. Despite Marvel's protracted, concurrent, and often botched campaign to villainize him, Cyclops is still the best leader the X-men have ever had.

3. Cyclops should stay 'dead' and should not lead the X-men for a long while.
    He got too big. He was eclipsing books he wasn't even on, and Marvel didn't quite know what to do with him. If they're only going to keep dumping on him, he might as well be gone until they can think of something good to do with him.

4. I despise Rogneto.
    I just. Don't. Get it.
    Agreed.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Wouldn't really consider this controversial. I'm not a big fan myself but I know I'm in the minority.
    Ah.

My perceptions might be off then.
    Whedon doesn't get brought up very much here, and when he does there are never any effusive, glowing reviews.
    I got the feeling most thought he was a mediocre X-writer.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Ah.

My perceptions might be off then.
    Whedon doesn't get brought up very much here, and when he does there are never any effusive, glowing reviews.
    I got the feeling most thought he was a mediocre X-writer.
    The people that don't like Whedon's run are just very vocal about it. It's mostly only the die hard X-Men fans that don't care for it. Same can be said for Morrison's run.

Mighty Member

X2 United is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Lol!!! Well, I very much disliked X2 but I completely hated X3. I hated X2 for many reasons. One, it that it undid a lot of the good stuff in X1 say, like Professor Xavier telling Magneto that if anyone came to his school to take his kids, they would regret it, then in X2 . . . well we all what happened. Two, Jean's death/power upgrade. Three, in X1 Jean came off as a mature woman who knew exactly what she wanted and was comfortable with her life choices. Much like Jean pre-retconned to make her madly slutty for Logan. Then they did X2 and turned her into an insecure, hormonal teen who not only went slutty for Logan, but was willing to throw a solid, stable relationship with a good man for a guy who never sticks around, who she barely knew, who would never fit into her world by implying that if he stuck around, she would give him a shot. I mean WTF!!! Just to get hormonal teenager that were all Jean/Logan something to watch. Four, no Scott. Five, too much Storm. Six, stupid plot. So yeah, didn't like it much but it also had Nightcrawler who was awesome, and the kids were pretty great here and it killed off cheating Jean . X3 on the other hand has no redeeming qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post

Took the words right out of my mouth!
    I mean who doesn't hate X3? It's rare to find someone with anything negative to say about x2, and I don't understand why.
    The story is so overrated. The X-men are nerfed and the climax doesn't tie into the plot at allll
    sure they had a couple nice scenes, er, really just one, the nightcrawler scene.
    It's another movie where Storm/Cyclops/Jean are utterly so under powered its like new mutants in there.
    Wolverine is virtually the leader of the X-men its pitiful.

Don't get me started on JEan's "sacrifice"
    It doesn't play into her arc at all. IT's like ok, lets make this boring movie emotional...
    by killing only female you've actually invested in the whole series.

I promise you I can't watch it. X3 We all hate, but X2 is even more unwatchable to me.
    At least by x3 you knew Singer didn't give a rat's end about the X-men. X2 was takin a leak on the flame of X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I own a copy of X2, watched it once (and another time before the purchase) and it has been collecting dust ever since. It is one of those films that doesn't seem bad at first glance, but when you look at it a second time it seems to take the worst excesses of X1 and double down on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It simply hasn't aged well, compared to modern hero movies X2 doesn't live up to the Hype. It benefited from lower standards with no MCU or superhero movies in general except spiderman but he was completely different
    wow some logic and reasoning for once on the old www.
    Totally agree with both of these statements.
    You go elsewhere on these forsaken interwebs and alotta people fawn over x2

story: 2.0/5 ... watchable, but forgettable. and the climax, with the unnecessary sacrifice. She's like the only character that gets development in the whole trilogy and they kill her off in a death that makes no sense.
    action: 1.5/5 .... lol its singer after all..Nightcrawler scene saves this action rating and condemns it, cause it starts off with the bang and never gets near that point again
    fidelity to souce: 0/5 ... this is NOT an X-men movie, Wolverine and the oddballs who make him wear tight leather have to save an incapacitated Xavier, again, oh and from Magneto. Wolverine also fights a woman at the end. A woman who is acrobatic and gives him all he can handle. I mean... Dang Singer, talk about recycling.

This movie spits in the faces of fans and they walk around with a big smile like its a badge of honor
    Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    I agree with you. I did say that on the controversial/unpopular opinion thread.
    Cyclops was right

^
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

it bothers me that we are agreeing on numerous topics Yoga
    Cyclops was right

it bothers me that we are agreeing on numerous topics Yoga
    The Highest in me honors the Highest in you.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Highest in me honors the Highest in you.

yeah.. hehe.hee *blushes*
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

I've always believed marvel strategically divided the X fans in different non reconciliable factions like Schism and pro and anti Cycoops6. After all United we stand and divided we fall, and just like current X men, I feel we're divided

Astonishing Member

You want my most controversial opinion yet? Prepare yourself . . .

I think "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls would have worked much better than "Sweet Dreams" by The Eurythmics for the Quicksilver scene in X-Men Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    You want my most controversial opinion yet? Prepare yourself . . .

I think "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls would have worked much better than "Sweet Dreams" by The Eurythmics for the Quicksilver scene in X-Men Apocalypse.
    The scene would still have made no sense emotionally given Havok JUST. DIED. But yeah
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The scene would still have made no sense emotionally given Havok JUST. DIED. But yeah
    Oh my God. Were we supposed to actually care about Havok? I just didn't realize. I mean, I was sad that lil' Cyclops was sad, but that's about it.

Maybe it's just me. I've never quite gotten into him in the comics. What's his deal again? He's the more impulsive Summers brother or something?

No, the way it happened it was clear they didn't cared about Alex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wolverine's side spent the whole time between after AvX and before Secret Wars blaming Cyclops for everything bad that happened.
    Well he did attack a police station and Scott spent most of that either depressed or blaming all his problems on Beast or Charles or Shield. So what's your point again?
    Last edited by Arya; 07-01-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Well he did attack a police station and Scott spent most of that either depressed or blaming all his problems on Beast or Charles or Shield. So what's your point again?
    -Beast: Brought 05 to the present. Even if Scott was up to hijinks, screwing with the time/space continuum is a BIG NO.
    -SHIELD: THey're a problem to everyone.
    -Charles: Legit grievances that unfortunately exploded into actions that both (hopefully) regret.

That said, the BMB UXM is....a thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.