Page 173 of 653 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 9795

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So Xorn killed Jean solely to hurt Scott?

If that isn't the case, IT ISN'T FRIDGING.
    Xorn no, but Morrison did Xorn do that

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xorn no, but Morrison did Xorn do that
    Fine.

So Xorneto killed Jean for the sole purpose of hurting Scott (and for no other reason)?

Unpopular Opinion on X-Men and comics in general: Comic Writers have gotten lazy and are the reason why the industry is struggling.

The characters are as popular as they've ever been. The artists put in so much time and work into their comics, but a writer's writes their issue on a weekend and is creating multiple comics at the same time and it feels like it. I think the reason Moore and Miller are so well regarded is because you can tell they actually put time in their work. The density and complexity of the stories just aren't there in today's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Unpopular Opinion on X-Men and comics in general: Comic Writers have gotten lazy and are the reason why the industry is struggling.

The characters are as popular as they've ever been. The artists put in so much time and work into their comics, but a writer's writes their issue on a weekend and is creating multiple comics at the same time and it feels like it. I think the reason Moore and Miller are so well regarded is because you can tell they actually put time in their work. The density and complexity of the stories just aren't there in today's stories.
    Hard disagree on Frank Miller. He is the ultimate example of edge being disguised as depth.

Sure, but usually when it happens the character get out much stronger than before. That iis not what happens to Jean
    What happened on the other side of the struggles isn't really relevant.

You think Jessie went through so much **** on Breaking Bad because Vince Gilligan hated the character?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

You think Jessie went through so much **** on Breaking Bad because Vince Gilligan hated the character?
    I didn't watched BB. I think bad things are necessary, but constant humiliations and fridging isn't

Fine.

So Xorneto killed Jean for the sole purpose of hurting Scott (and for no other reason)?

That wasn't the reason, still not less fridging. Kill a love interest to give the male character a mourning and switch love interests

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    And it's STILL mind boggling to me that they chose to create the Rube Goldberg retcon with Xorn than just have his resurrected via nano-Sentinels reattaching his head to his body. I don't care to get into the details of brain death and decomposition, cause this is comics.
    Said it before, say it again: AFAIC, Xorn (in Planet X) was Magneto and Magneto was Xorn. The Sublime excuse was built in.

I've already said how much I loved what Morrison did with Scott, Jean and Emma so I won't restate it again but yes, I agree with all that.

BANNED

I didn't watched BB. I think bad things are necessary, but constant humiliations and fridging isn't
    Lazy websites like TV Tropes and bad twitter pundits have made people think 'death of any character I like' = 'fridging.' It doesn't. Jean was not fridged. Jean died in battle against an arch-villain at the conclusion of her arc.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Lazy websites like TV Tropes and bad twitter pundits have made people think 'death of any character I like' = 'fridging.' It doesn't. Jean was not fridged. Jean died in battle against an arch-villain at the conclusion of her arc.
    She died after the battle.

That wasn't the reason, still not less fridging. Kill a love interest to give the male character a mourning and switch love interests
    You should watch it, it's brilliant. All it's characters are treated with absolute respect, and sometimes (oftentimes) that means they go through bad ****. Repeatedly.

BANNED

She died after the battle.
    Seconds after the battle, yes.

Then she WASN'T FRIDGED. She was killed, but it was NOT A FRIDGING.

What you're basically saying is this:

Person A) They killed themselves.
    Person B) Yes. It was a homicide.
    Person A) No, it was a suicide.
    Person B) No, they killed somebody, so it's a homicide.
    Person A) But the person they killed was themselves. That's a suicide.
    Person B) It might me a suicide, but it was also a homicide.

You're completely misusing the term. Green Arrow finding his girlfriend stuffed in a fridge solely for the purpose of making him feel emotional pain is a fridging. Jean dying in battle at the hand of Xorneto because he pulled a last second absurd power-up ISN'T.

Then she WASN'T FRIDGED. She was killed, but it was NOT A FRIDGING.

What you're basically saying is this:

Person A) They killed themselves.
    Person B) Yes. It was a homicide.
    Person A) No, it was a suicide.
    Person B) No, they killed somebody, so it's a homicide.
    Person A) But the person they killed was themselves. That's a suicide.
    Person B) It might me a suicide, but it was also a homicide.

You're completely misusing the term. Green Arrow finding his girlfriend stuffed in a fridge solely for the purpose of making him feel emotional pain is a fridging. Jean dying in battle at the hand of Xorneto because he pulled a last second absurd power-up ISN'T.
    Green Lantern, not Green Arrow.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Green Lantern, not Green Arrow.
    Oh sorry. You're right. My bad. I don't read DC very much.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

For what i read Jessie was supposed to die earlier, but they changed their minds at some point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona