Page 181 of 653 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 9795
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Polyamory, not polygamy.

How can y’all say Hickman’s stuff is uninspired yet turn around and say, “but umm I’d just love to read about the X-Men never going anywhere for the billionth time.” No one, especially now, wants to read about mutants trying to change minds only to get shot or blown up or hate crimed. I certainly don’t give any ishs to see that again and Rosencanny was the final nail in the coffin for all that grimdark metaphor mess. Bendis’ Revolution did nothing beyond the first arcs of Uncanny and All-New. At the end of the day, the X-Men are marginalized and eventually, those communities fight back against the injustice they’ve had heaped on them for decades. That’s the story that Hickman is telling to great success.
    ^^^ All that, gurl

Polyamory, not polygamy.

How can y’all say Hickman’s stuff is uninspired yet turn around and say, “but umm I’d just love to read about the X-Men never going anywhere for the billionth time.” No one, especially now, wants to read about mutants trying to change minds only to get shot or blown up or hate crimed. I certainly don’t give any ishs to see that again and Rosencanny was the final nail in the coffin for all that grimdark metaphor mess. Bendis’ Revolution did nothing beyond the first arcs of Uncanny and All-New. At the end of the day, the X-Men are marginalized and eventually, those communities fight back against the injustice they’ve had heaped on them for decades. That’s the story that Hickman is telling to great success.
    It's like hearing "those" people telling minorities to "get over" being discriminated and to fall in line with the rest of society. It's beyond infuriating and illogical, to boot. Besides, why would anyone want to adhere to a boring status quo such as "classic" and "back to basics"? If anyone's ever understood the mythos regarding the X-Men, the constant is rooted in actual progress, not regression because "the plot/new status quo forces me to use critical and abstract thinking and makes muh head hurt".
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 09-18-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Hickman's run so far has just been a mess and the retcon and ignore buttons can not be hit faster.

I'm dropping HoxPox today. Hopefully, I'll enjoy DoX titles more.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Hickman's run so far has just been a mess and the retcon and ignore buttons can not be hit faster.
    The day they're back in Westchester is the day I truly win. It'll come, eventually.

I am okay with a change and am okay with the X-Men being the "villians" the Marvel Universe deserves. This reminds me of the days people whined when the oppressed started shooting back.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 09-19-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    To me it makes them sound like cops or the military when they don't use their real names.
    I'm okay with them using their real names when they're alone or at HQs or something, but in the field and in front of people who don't know who they are I'd really prefer to see their codenames used.

BANNED

Joy Boy is the coolest character in this franchise.

BANNED

Sigh. Oh, Claremont.

BANNED

VOOTIE!!

/10char

Not a fan of Cerebro being a brain bank. I’m bound to change my mind, but I’m not a fan of this gamebreaker cloning business.

BANNED

Polyamory, not polygamy.

People are just overhyped. There is nowhere to go from 'the X-Men decide that they are the inheritors of the Earth and start acting like it' but down.

What makes them the X-Men is people trying to do the right thing in spite of what they are facing. When they stop trying to do the right thing, stop trying to be better, the point of the series is lost.

I'll just sit quietly and wait for everyone to cool off, or for the inevitable other shoe to drop on this characterization of the franchise.

As I said somewhere else, we can have a cool mutant society without mutant supremacy tones and mutants-are-above-the-law nonsense.

Suffice it to say that if I wanted to read Inhumans, I would have been doing so.

BANNED

Who's to say this isn't 'the right thing' after years of being hunted, abused and exterminated? What do you want? More ball games?

BANNED

Polyamory, not polygamy.

There's an obvious disconnect between readers and what's happening on page. People are all going over supremacy, but that was never shown except for Magneto. Even Charles, the mastermind of the whole thing, is relatively tame. Krakoa isn't threatening countries, but offering a reward in exchange for being recognized as a sovereign nation. Mutants are trying to create their own culture and act proud of it, but somebody already found a way to conflate it with nazism.

It goes back to what I said on the HoX #5 thread. People are expecting super-hero stuff, feel good stuff, pretending that whatever was tried before works, as long as it's all cute-sounding. And we're on the politic part of things, where the meaning of being a mutant is being expanded upon. If they want to create a country, a culture and, from that, establish their place in the world, they will have to go through paths that are not necessarily pleasant or clean. It's a loaded journey to get there and, to achieve it, there might be complex choices along the way.

But I guess cool team poses, evil nanobots that tweet racial slurs and cutesy speeches are what the X-books truly need.

cat beast is the face of satan
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate