Page 186 of 653 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 9795
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

AXIS was the only thing that redeemed Remender for me. I hated his Uncanny X-Force , along with his fetish for Creed x Mystique. A pairing I was sick of in the 90's. Any writer pushing that loses a lot of points for me. Among the other bad stuff he did, like needing fans to tell him Shadow King murdered Destiny & that Mystique would not be working with him. lol

But I did like Creed's inversion and Remender saying he was modeled after Angel (Buffy) as some good stories came from that. But otherwise, I'm not impressed with him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And it takes them 12 issues to get rid off him. I wonder if many are even taking Dead Man Logan seriously -though the title implies it's not serious lol. It it doesn't conclude until Dawn of X starts.

ON another note, Old Logan didn't get he wasn't prime Logan. Didn't he once say to a 616 character "She's not your Jean"? She's not his Jean either since she was dead by the time he showed up. Or Rosenberg's mess known as Phoenix Resurrection, where I think the Jean scene took place, Creed asks if Kitty hates him for talking during her speech, and Logan replies "she already hated you." As if he's an expert on Kitty. Granted I am sure Kitty does hate Creed, but Old Logan isn't someone I'd expect to know these characters better than the other 616 counterparts.
    Dead Man Logan has been really good, nothing ground breaking but a fun farewell.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think AXIS was deeply stupid, but I really dig a majority of Rick Remender's work and think he takes too much stick from fans.

Laura needs to stay Wolverine, complete with costume. There can be two.
    Nah, She has one of the stronger case for it working but developing Laura into her own long standing individual superhero is best step her and any superhero. Wally West is easy test case for this theory. Wally West was legitimately a better flash than Barry and one of the better superheroes set ups because it was legacy hero successfully picking up mantle of hero we love. And all of that gets wipe out because a one writer believes that Barry should be the one true flash. If Wally had his own superhero identity like Nightwing, He wouldn't be jack around with right now. Laura being Wolverine just means that at some point either a writer will come along and think Logan needs to be the one true Wolverine or in a refresh/reboot/relaunch she become a little irrelevant because they need to build back up to a certain time period instead of her picking up and running with her own legacy not connect to another character.

I rather they force people to be comfortable with the name Talon than Wolverine.

I only read Remender's Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers up to the Apocalypse Twins conclusion and I enjoyed them. I never read anything else by him for personal reasons and it is safe to assume I never will.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 09-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't think Xavier is a jerk (Hickman's Xavier seems like someone totally different to me, though).
    But the idea that — someone straightforward is better, no matter what he does, than someone that isn't — is rather strange to me. The fact that we don't have access to his thoughts doesn't help to understand his motives, and, I agree, he was more sympathetic when it was the case. However, thought bubbles are not necessary if you can understand why they act the way they do. I feel like an outsider and am not very interested by the story when it's not the case.
    Writers and artists have rarely been able to make it clear.

I think in the X-Men comics proper, having only the mansion be attacked and not have them branch out is interesting. It makes it feel more like an attack against Professor X than any of the team, or the idea of the X-Men.

That said, when and/or if X Men get their own solo books that is when they should be branching out and doing their own thing outside of the mansion and the team.

That so many fans use the term "flatscan" without irony shows how messed up this franchise's messages have become and the type of people it's attracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That so many fans use the term "flatscan" without irony shows how messed up this franchise's messages have become and the type of people it's attracted.
    Care to clarify?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The fact that extremist "X-Men" fans in real-life use the "flatscan" insult for both in-universe humans and real-life humans (usually against non-XMen Marvel fans but increasingly humanity in general), even to refer to themselves, means this sector of the X-men fandom are borderline misanthropes entertaining fantasies of NO MORE HUMANS.

And the scary thing is they can justify it. Hoo boy.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 09-22-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Flatscan is too weak to describe my hatred for humans. I prefer the anti-human jargon used by A.I., such as "flesh bags, "mobile meat," and "the squishalicious."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The fact that extremist "X-Men" fans in real-life use the "flatscan" insult for both in-universe humans and real-life humans (usually against non-XMen Marvel fans but increasingly humanity in general), even to refer to themselves, means this sector of the X-men fandom are borderline misanthropes entertaining fantasies of NO MORE HUMANS.

And the scary thing is they can justify it. Hoo boy.
    In either case, I find it a bit distressing: either they don't realize they are humans too not from another species — it's not because you follow mutants' adventures that you are one of them — or they hate themselves as they hate the rest of the humanity.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In either case, I find it a bit distressing: either they don't realize they are humans too not from another species — it's not because you follow mutants' adventures that you are one of them — or they hate themselves as they hate the rest of the humanity.
    For a second there I got confused whether you were talking about X fans or politicians.

*takes a deep breath*

I think Cyclops fans are embarrassing themselves with constant Logan/Scott gay jokes. Makes us seem like we're obsessed with Wolverine.

*runs*

Extraordinary Member

A person is a person.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *takes a deep breath*

I think Cyclops fans are embarrassing themselves with constant Logan/Scott gay jokes. Makes us seem like we're obsessed with Wolverine.

*runs*
    IA. Its especially gotten excessive here recently