Page 187 of 653 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 9795

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    A person is a person.
    ???.......

The other side of spoilers. You get people who don't want them, i personally love spoilers. But then you have the motor mouths who just can't help themselves. The spoilers are here the spoilers are there for them to be taken down. I don't get people like i don't get Beast's cat form.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

sometimes i wonder if its beter do complety reboot the x men universe

some fans love the 90 x men a bit to mucht

BANNED

Not much about Krakoan society is really unique to mutants. Mutant culture will only ever be an imitation.

Polyamory, clones, provisional ruling councils, propaganda rallies, isolationist policies, firework shows?

*yawn*

Humans did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Not much about Krakoan society is really unique to mutants. Mutant culture will only ever be an imitation.

Polyamory, clones, provisional ruling councils, propaganda rallies, isolationist policies, firework shows?

*yawn*

Humans did it first.
    pretty much this. Nothing of this is unique to mutants

Spectacular Member

Not only are House of X & Powers of X pretentious and boring, but the idea of making all of the X-villains into X-Men is one of the dumbest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Not only are House of X & Powers of X pretentious and boring, but the idea of making all of the X-villains into X-Men is one of the dumbest ever.
    This^^

Why r the x-men cool with these fuckers?

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    I agree with this somewhat, but just not as harsh lol. At first I was onboard, but other than the first issue of HoX and the issue where everybody "died", I've been pretty disappointed with this thing so far. Not a criticism of the writer or anything, it's just a personal preference issue. I don't like that all the mutants are all lovely dovey and friendly with each other all of a sudden, especially when quite a few never cared for mutant harmony in the first place.

While I have frustrations with the New Mutants being insular, their roster evolves and has eras. There's the Xavier, Magneto, Cable and Domino eras, the road trip, Revolution, various miniseries with part or most of the original cast, Utopia's main defense squad, and now Hickman in Space. The Generation X roster is far more integrated with the X-Men, but they've never had the kind of evolutions or return-to-forms that the NM group has. And the kids that followed, New X-Men and Academy... they're basically fodder and wallpaper.

Do we have a definitive Gen X fan on the the forum that can alert me to their "eras"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Do we have a definitive Gen X fan on the the forum that can alert me to their "eras"?
    If by that, you mean various periods of time where the team was totally different from other times...GenX doesn't apply, IMO. It was basically the same core team throughout the run, with only one major character being killed off (Synch) and then the M-twins thing.

Ancillary characters (Artie, Leech, Mondo-ish, Gaia, Howard the Duck, etc.) came and went, but apart from maybe Gaia (I didn't read the Hama days), I wouldn't call them as part of the team.

Other than that, I suppose one could break down the series into Lobdell/Bachalo, Hama, Faerber, and Ellis/Wood "eras", with each of those having a distinct feel to the book from the others due to the writing. Lobdell/Bachalo definitely take the cake as far as quality goes. But the overall premise of the book remained mostly the same; kids in a school learning how to be mutants. There wasn't ever a significant "Outback Era" adjustment to the mission statement (with the caveat, again, that I didn't read Hama's issues). Ellis into Wood tried, I think? But it was just unnecessarily dark/edgy to me, and not really "different".
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-04-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    This^^

Why r the x-men cool with these fuckers?
    Because they're popular. Mystique stays on an X-team. Apocalypse now gets to randomly be a good guy. Emma has been with the X-Men for years & Shaw is her personal rival, so they're like a package deal in many cases.

But that's a flaw I see. All these villains, sadists, and murders on Krakoa, yet Creed was the one that they & Hickman cast out in a contrived execution when more dangerous villains like Selene & Emplate are out there. The latter who I know for a fact eats mutants. Then monsters like Sinister sitting on the council when he was the one who ruined Krakoa in a past Moira life. But he's one of Hickman's top 5 favs. so the bias can be expected. '

Mystique on the council who has a history of chronic betrayal, but had this amnesty long before Hickman showed up. lol And Apocalypse shaking Xavier's hand to accomplishing the dream he always had. HA! Apocalypse is all about Darwinism. He thinks mutants are the stronger species than humans. But then divides mutants up among what he sees as the strong & weak and wants to kill the latter. A man of very small principle. Now he's on X-teams protecting Rictor.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

*yawn*

Humans did it first.
    Well, 99% of their genome is identical to the human, you can't expect authentically alien things like communicating with pheromones or something.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Because they're popular. Mystique stays on an X-team. Apocalypse now gets to randomly be a good guy. Emma has been with the X-Men for years & Shaw is her personal rival, so they're like a package deal in many cases.

But that's a flaw I see. All these villains, sadists, and murders on Krakoa, yet Creed was the one that they & Hickman cast out in a contrived execution when more dangerous villains like Selene & Emplate are out there. The latter who I know for a fact eats mutants. Then monsters like Sinister sitting on the council when he was the one who ruined Krakoa in a past Moira life. But he's one of Hickman's top 5 favs. so the bias can be expected. '

Mystique on the council who has a history of chronic betrayal, but had this amnesty long before Hickman showed up. lol And Apocalypse shaking Xavier's hand to accomplishing the dream he always had. HA! Apocalypse is all about Darwinism. He thinks mutants are the stronger species than humans. But then divides mutants up among what he sees as the strong & weak and wants to kill the latter. A man of very small principle. Now he's on X-teams protecting Rictor.
    Everything you said is correct. Everybody going on board so easily was cheap and in some cases made absolutely no sense.
    Feels rushed and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Everything you said is correct. Everybody going on board so easily was cheap and in some cases made absolutely no sense.
    Feels rushed and empty.
    Not really, it makes sense from enemy you know is better than enemy you don't, and from a keep your friends close and your enemies closer perspective.
    If their enemies do something they are going to have to do it right under their noses.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Not really, it makes sense from enemy you know is better than enemy you don't, and from a keep your friends close and your enemies closer perspective.
    If their enemies do something they are going to have to do it right under their noses.
    I understand and that is valid
    What bugs me is that some of these people like for example Wolverine and Gorgon, absolutely hate each other. They are working together right now but I feel it needed a little build up. Not just everybody being friends so fast.