Page 188 of 664 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 9952

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Not only are House of X & Powers of X pretentious and boring, but the idea of making all of the X-villains into X-Men is one of the dumbest ever.
    I mean that's been going on for a while now, no? Pretty much every X-Men villain has been part of the X-Men, to an extent, since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Not only are House of X & Powers of X pretentious and boring, but the idea of making all of the X-villains into X-Men is one of the dumbest ever.
    I wonder who x-men gonna fight for all these upcoming years

One thing catched my atention is how a decade long developments got solved on one page and people are ok with that? I don't blame all on actual writers, since they should have been solved years ago instead of dragging. But still a bad decision made

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I mean that's been going on for a while now, no? Pretty much every X-Men villain has been part of the X-Men, to an extent, since the 90's.
    But, before it was a opportunity for a story. It didn't just happen. Before Magneto became a 'good guy', he went though a trial twice.
    Xavier always wanted all the mutants inside his group and the story was about this attempt. And sometimes it didn't work.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

XMen have been granting amnesty to former enemies en masse since Decimation. Scalphunter and Arclight lived on the 198 camp along former morlocks. This is nothing new XMen have never seen the world in black and white. Ppl getting hung up on the hero/villain division should try reading something else.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    XMen have been granting amnesty to former enemies en masse since Decimation. Scalphunter and Arclight lived on the 198 camp along former morlocks. This is nothing new XMen have never seen the world in black and white. Ppl getting hung up on the hero/villain division should try reading something else.
    Pretty much. The X-Men losing all their villains is part of whats put me off the newer titles.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

One thing catched my atention is how a decade long developments got solved on one page and people are ok with that? I don't blame all on actual writers, since they should have been solved years ago instead of dragging. But still a bad decision made
    It is funny. First thing you and I completely agree on, and the rest of the forum treats us like lepers for actually wanting character resolution.

BANNED

They have dealt with this stuff over and over in books for years since, but you keep ignoring that.

I understand the concerns, but I also want to read 18 issues a year of Pooky, Sinister, and Gorgon fighting, maybe killing, but NEVER murdering the Flower Scouts. Choices...

BANNED

Doing away with characters death and gathering every known mutant on Krakoa are actually great moves for the franchise. This last decade has been non stop killing off/resurrecting characters and bringing back old foes for one arc and never doing anything different with them. Messiah Complex started this trend by bringing back the Marauders/Acolytes/Purifiers but it was in service of the story and most writers since then have just been lazy abt it (Rosenberg being the latest and one of the most egregious offenders). Now writers will have to come up with new ideas or take the time to develop the existing villains since they cant just show up for an arc and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Doing away with characters death and gathering every known mutant on Krakoa are actually great moves for the franchise. This last decade has been non stop killing off/resurrecting characters and bringing back old foes for one arc and never doing anything different with them. Messiah Complex started this trend by bringing back the Marauders/Acolytes/Purifiers but it was in service of the story and most writers since then have just been lazy abt it (Rosenberg being the latest and one of the most egregious offenders). Now writers will have to come up with new ideas or take the time to develop the existing villains since they cant just show up for an arc and disappear.
    To the contrary, now that death is cheaper than ever, half of the team could die and just return in the next issue.

This could make their deaths more ridiculous and frequent.

This bothers me to no end.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The mistake the people here are making is assuming that the likes of Apocalypse and Mystique getting an amnesty and being part of the council is seen as a good thing by Hickman. Or that the immunity to death won't lead to problems, specially when (and it's a when) it's removed. Pretty much every writer that builds a paradise intends for the characters to lose it later on.

Also, the history of essentially any empire or major country in the world involves very different people getting together for the common goal of uniting/getting independence/expanding the country, only for later, after the external enemies are mostly conquered or at bay, getting lost in internal divisions that lead to internal strife- happened with the Romans, Greeks, the USA, etc. The likes of Apocalypse making a power play later on is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They have dealt with this stuff over and over in books for years since, but you keep ignoring that.
    The one ignoring things is you. Just because the xmen posed before wasting the sentinels doesn't undo years of them undermining and trying to kill each other.

I know people were tired of that, but resolving it with "and then they were friends again" is a lazy and cheap cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Writers have failed to make new X-Men characters with sufficient popularity for decades now. The only intersting characters left to bring into the fold are the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is funny. First thing you and I completely agree on, and the rest of the forum treats us like lepers for actually wanting character resolution.
    I pointed out something similar myself. One page, instantly all interpersonal differences solved. If it is the real x-men, Chuck's put something in the water.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The one ignoring things is you. Just because the xmen posed before wasting the sentinels doesn't undo years of them undermining and trying to kill each other.

I know people were tired of that, but resolving it with "and then they were friends again" is a lazy and cheap cop out.
    But they’re not friends. The villains came to Krakoa because it’s in their best interest to cooperate. Xavier and Magneto are counting on that, though I’m sure they have contingency plans if the villains try a coup or something. I mean, Storm can kill Sinister with a flick of her wrist(Wolverines series). Apocalypse, Exodus, and maybe Selene are the only credible threats.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Dealing with and resolving aren't the same thing. You can tell by the astonishing lack of resolution to the problems in a number of relationships, mostly Scott and everyone and Emma and everyone. I mean Hickman didn't even bother to address the whole Scott\Charles thing. I think above all the other interpersonal issues, leaving that unaddressed was unforgivable.