Page 190 of 664 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 9953

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Xavier probably let himself be killed by Scott because he knew events needed to happen that led to Tempus and Goldballs activating their mutant gene.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. His death needed to happen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

CYCLOPS: "We've always been at war."

XAVIER: "Wassup, st00pid."

CYCLOPS: "Oh, thank god."

got this from my stolen copy of x-men #1 but oh crap there's a dude in a donald duck costume with a bloody axe outside my house oh god ooohh gotta get the breadstick from my freezer

Serval Industries Era X-Factor > X-Factor Investigations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If that’s how it played out fine. Hickman didn’t bother to show us that, or anything else related to setting the current status quo. Evidently he thought we’d prefer mutant symbology, or everything being explained twice, to actual character interaction.

Don’t get me wrong. I think he’s done some interesting things with the X-Men. That said, if he thinks he can write the X-men successfully over the long term without dialing in the character elements, he’s going to get a rude awakening.
    I don’t think any of that needed to be shown. And Hickman will have time in his book if he really wants to explore that, but HOXPOX is already loaded as is and seeing every reunion/dramatic character moment/scene reference from and event from years ago between characters over stuff that they would normally put past for the greater goal wouldn’t serve the purpose of this 12-part status quo builder.

Xavier probably let himself be killed by Scott because he knew events needed to happen that led to Tempus and Goldballs activating their mutant gene.
    That actually makes a ton of sense.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:28 PM.

The last time Logan and Scott interacted in Uncanny when Emma wasn't controlling Logan's actions was Logan threatening to kill Scott (and Emma, and Mystique).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The last time Logan and Scott interacted in Uncanny when Emma wasn't controlling Logan's actions was Logan threatening to kill Scott (and Emma, and Mystique).
    You mean Uncanny #22?, not really, last thing that they say to each other was "it was an honor to fight with you" and then got saved by the returning X-Men.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I can't stand Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I can't stand Kitty Pryde.
    Get out.

Honestly though, she hasn't been written well in a while.

Extraordinary Member

The Stepford Cuckoos need to go their own ways and do their own things.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Actually, that would explain why he acted like a complete dumbass during that conversation, talking to an angry God like he was talking to a child.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Actually, that would explain why he acted like a complete dumbass during that conversation, talking to an angry God like he was talking to a child.
    I haven't liked Charles attitude since the Dark Phoenix Saga, where, among other brain-dead moves, Scott has *just* talked Dark Phoenix down from a rampage and is making headway at diffusing the conflict *with words,* and Charles shows up and brain-blasts her from behind, restarting the fight. Ugh.

He's got a long history of 'papa knows best' parochialism. (Earlier in that run, he bit Scott's head off and called him a bad leader for not giving Wolverine 'demerits' for 'outbursts,' as if he could somehow treat Wolverine like a pre-schooler.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The Stepford Cuckoos need to go their own ways and do their own things.
    They need to do a comic where the Stepford Cuckoos go to college and start changing. Esme is paranoid about doing something wrong so she becomes the ultimate good girl, always doing her homework and going to bed on time. Sophie joins a greenpeace group at school and protests for the climate and chains herself to oil company equipment. Celeste joins a lesbian girl band and rocks out. Irma goes completely goth. Phoebe turns into the ultimate gamer girl and starts winning esports competitions because she is just that good at it.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Hickman's X-men is more Inhumans than it is X-men..but more weird, cultish and alien than Inhumans has ever been

I hate the way they bring Cyclops back, overcomplicated.

Emma could have said that she put him in a stasis chamber until she could find a cure.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-05-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I hate the way they bring Cyclops back, overcomplicated.

Emma could have said that she put him in a stasis chamber until she could find a cure.
    I think they should have done a 'Joseph' with Cyclops. He gets cloned and manipulated by an anti-mutant group and kept in the dark until he is sent against the X-Men. They capture him and see he is a young Scott...but young Scott basically says "I got no idea who you people are". They basically train him in hand to hand, tactics and strategy, use of his powers...all to be part of false flag operations to make mutants look bad. Instead of getting original Cyclops reincarnated...they just get a cloned body with a different personality.