Page 193 of 653 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 9795
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I wonder how many of you remember before the internet when we just sat in comic shops talking and having no idea what was coming next
    I absolutely do. IIRC the first issue I bought on my own (after spending several years relying on my afterschool program's monthly supply of X-Men) was UXM #269 - Rogue, Magneto, Jim Lee and the Savage Land.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It takes time for crop to grow and mature (they did not have Tempus then) and Utopia only lasted a few weeks by the last count.
    Oh lord. No. I don't care about sliding time, AFAIC Utopia lasted 2-3 years.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I dont like the idea of mass resurrection of mutants, many of them should stay dead, especially those who have been dead for more than two decades. It works with the idea of the sacrifices being made by the X-Men.

I really dont need every mutant that has existed in Krakoa, i would rather see new ones.
    Not to sound cold but any mutant that died before the nineties X-Men team can be left dead. There are practically no interesting mutant that wasn't an X-Men or heavily associated with them worth bringing back. I do not want random morlocks or some mutant who's powers are to add an extra minute of flavor to chewed bubblegum brought back
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member

Adam X is a terrible character with the potential of being a great joke character

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

I have never read anything by Jonathan Hickman that I either enjoyed or found to be worthwhile, and I wish he wasn't writing X-Books.

Extraordinary Member

House of X / Powers of X is stupid.

Don't fight for your equality...run away to the mutant island of segregation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

But, but it's always gone so well in the past! Look at how well it went for all those mutants on Genosha! Or in the Morlock tunnels!

If only there was some catchy phrase for when you 'concentrate' all the undesirable folk into one place, a sort of 'camp...'

Krakoa will fall not from outside, human actions, but by internal mutant conflicts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    But, but it's always gone so well in the past! Look at how well it went for all those mutants on Genosha! Or in the Morlock tunnels!

If only there was some catchy phrase for when you 'concentrate' all the undesirable folk into one place, a sort of 'camp...'
    If they wanted to get away...what about Lila Cheney's Dyson Sphere?

Yea I’m personally not a fan of this direction of having the X-Men basically act like a bunch of cult members and actively support and be proud of something that is literally a betrayal of everything they’ve ever fought for. For the first time ever, I actually find myself rooting against the X-Men and anticipate the day this all comes crashing down and hope that at least some of the X-Men remember who they are by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Krakoa will fall not from outside, human actions, but by internal mutant conflicts.
    I think that it will fall by the ego, like Magneto saying " you have new gods now"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    That is a given. I would like that to be honest. for them to fail for pure hubris. To show the mutants are no better than humans

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They still fight for equality...difference is that they don't base their lives on hoping some KKK member sees the light, and they, like any minority group these days, don't care about being a model minority anymore. They have the right to exist regardless of what their behavior or opinions are. And now humans can't annihilate them with a few big robots anymore.

Ultimately, most of them want to live in harmony and peace with humans- but Hickman changed mutants to the scrappy underdog backed to a corner to the inevitable juggernaut of history.

But of course, maybe it would be better if they just moved to the mansion again to play baseball.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They still fight for equality...difference is that they don't base their lives on hoping some KKK member sees the light, and they, like any minority group these days, don't care about being a model minority anymore. They have the right to exist regardless of what their behavior or opinions are. And now humans can't annihilate them with a few big robots anymore.

Ultimately, most of them want to live in harmony and peace with humans- but Hickman changed mutants to the scrappy underdog backed to a corner to the inevitable juggernaut of history.

But of course, maybe it would be better if they just moved to the mansion again to play baseball.
    I don't think a mutant nation of the size and power of krakoa could work as long term development for the franchice. I feel like it makes our characters somewhat less relatable and less human to see them act like a total different culture.

A mutant nation could work but not for our main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    A mutant nation could work but not for our main characters.
    Agreed. Currently tinkering with a Grand Design headfanon where Magneto succeeds making a mutant nation in the Savage Land back in the 90s. Magneto’s Dream needed to be a success for a longer period than Genosha provided.