Page 194 of 655 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think a mutant nation of the size and power of krakoa could work as long term development for the franchice. I feel like it makes our characters somewhat less relatable and less human to see them act like a total different culture.

A mutant nation could work but not for our main characters.
    Krakoa is still a tiny nation, at least in terms of landmass and population.

Also, among Marvel's most popular characters there is an Asgardian God, a green monster that alternates between child and ruthless killer, and a talking tree.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Krakoa is still a tiny nation, at least in terms of landmass and population.

Also, among Marvel's most popular characters there is an Asgardian God, a green monster that alternates between child and ruthless killer, and a talking tree.
    You're right on both points.
    Relatavility may not be something that comics follow much but on the X-men getting to know these characters is important and to understand them as people is what makes you love and root for them even if they are mutants. The things we have in common with them is what makes them human.
    If they don't act like humans they lose some of the appeal (at least to me)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-09-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Relatavily may not be something that comics follow much but on the X-men getting to know these characters is important and to understand them as people is what makes you love and root for them even if they are mutants. The things we have in common with them is what makes them human.
    Agreed. I don’t mind the prospect of mutants not being pushed to near extinction but one thing that House of X and Power of X really feels like it’s lacking is the heart, the very thing that makes you want to root for the X-Men whether they’re at their highest or lowest point. Instead, that heart has been replaced with cultist mentality that’s just cold and distant. Hell even Xavier, while he hasn’t been exactly been a saint, just feels entirely like a villain (ironically comparable to Maker’s personality). I look at the X-Men in these minis and I can’t even recognize them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agreed. I don’t mind the prospect of mutants not being pushed to near extinction but one thing that House of X and Power of X really feels like it’s lacking is the heart, the very thing that makes you want to root for the X-Men whether they’re at their highest or lowest point. Instead, that heart has been replaced with cultist mentality that’s just cold and distant. Hell even Xavier, while he hasn’t been exactly been a saint, just feels entirely like a villain (ironically comparable to Maker’s personality). I look at the X-Men in these minis and I can’t even recognize them.
    I definitely agree with you there; while people tend to justify this in regards to overall world-building, I’m just not sure I trust Hickman’s intent in regards to ‘moving the narrative forward.’ I think he’s always had an idea of what the X-Men ‘should’ be about (in his view) and is retconning to justify it; I just don’t Trust that the nuance is there.

And if it truly, truly isnt’t...then as a disabled person, I’m disheartened. Are we all truly meant to just segregate ourselves? We should NOT be threatened, or take ****...but does ‘othering’ ourselves solve anything? Doesn’t it just reinforce the stereotypes we’re so annoyed at?

(Which, I must clarify, is NOT the same as carving out a specific place for you your views and community; something to generate support for yourself should not distance you from the portion of society trying to empathise as such)
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-08-2019 at 11:14 PM.

That is a given. I would like that to be honest. for them to fail for pure hubris. To show the mutants are no better than humans
    It should be the logical conclusion, realize that mutants will never be a single entity, especially when their numbers will start to grow. Just look at the verdict of Creed, half of them didn't give a ****.

They will defeat themselves.

From a story telling point of view i think is a foregone conclusion, they dont have villains besides Orchis, inmortallity is a tension killer, nothing is at stakes and all of them act weird.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Why do some people hate Colossus so much?
    He is so nice, beautiful, tall and sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's more or less the reason I stopped reading new X-men comics… I don't like this 'racial' mentality… it's fine to fight for your rights but they are universal rights: freedom, equality, solidarity, respect… Something that can be shared by every human being, it's inclusive. When they chose the 'race' over these values (like with Creed…), they are not anymore the X-men I like.
    (I liked Charles Xavier… not this new one.)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I think people want badasses and not optimistic artists.

Do people hate him? He's a bit boring, I guess, but I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Relatavility may not be something that comics follow much but on the X-men getting to know these characters is important and to understand them as people is what makes you love and root for them even if they are mutants. The things we have in common with them is what makes them human.
    They may be living on the island but...their adventures (in Marauders, Excalibur, X-Force, Fallen Angels) would take place mainly outside of Krakoa's borders.
    They are still acting as heroes, saving the disenfranchised throughout the globe. They're still "human"...nothing solicited going forward indicates otherwise. In other words, nothing has changed really about their MO, their "raison d'etre" other than their home base.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Krakoa is cool, but I’m going to miss the mid-Atlantic setting, upper class mansion, Xavier’s Rolls Royce, and casual clothing. I guess it’s jungles, treehouses, and bodysuits from here on out.

Astonishing Member

The use of "science" is really starting to get on my nerves. I know they're just trying to be consistent within their own mythology, but it looks as though no one would've passed middle school.

people accuse him of being a pedophile and have never let go of Claremont pairing him with Kitty, even though that amounted to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Do people hate him? He's a bit boring, I guess, but I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him.
    more like a few loud vocal posters on here. Most are indifferent to him

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They may be living on the island but...their adventures (in Marauders, Excalibur, X-Force, Fallen Angels) would take place mainly outside of Krakoa's borders.
    They are still acting as heroes, saving the disenfranchised throughout the globe. They're still "human"...nothing solicited going forward indicates otherwise. In other words, nothing has changed really about their MO, their "raison d'etre" other than their home base.
    While they may be taking part away from Krakoa, they're (possibly aside from Fallen Angels) still tied directly to Krakoa. And as for them still being human, near nothing that we were presented during HoX/PoX even felt like we were reading the same characters that we've been for years, instead feeling like radical cultists than their own voices, feeling robotic, rather than living and breathing. As for them still being heroes, not only have we really not gotten anything on that being the case, even if they are, who are they being heroes for, the innocent people of the world or just looking out for their own? Until I actually see the X-Men acting as heroes and anything resembling individuals and not cult members, I hold my reservations about this direction.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's more or less the reason I stopped reading new X-men comics… I don't like this 'racial' mentality… it's fine to fight for your rights but they are universal rights: freedom, equality, solidarity, respect… Something that can be shared by every human being, it's inclusive. When they chose the 'race' over these values (like with Creed…), they are not anymore the X-men I like.
    (I liked Charles Xavier… not this new one.)
    Yeah, it feels very cynical and nihilistic despite the best intentions for the mutant population.