Page 195 of 657 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agreed. I don’t mind the prospect of mutants not being pushed to near extinction but one thing that House of X and Power of X really feels like it’s lacking is the heart, the very thing that makes you want to root for the X-Men whether they’re at their highest or lowest point. Instead, that heart has been replaced with cultist mentality that’s just cold and distant. Hell even Xavier, while he hasn’t been exactly been a saint, just feels entirely like a villain (ironically comparable to Maker’s personality). I look at the X-Men in these minis and I can’t even recognize them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's more or less the reason I stopped reading new X-men comics… I don't like this 'racial' mentality… it's fine to fight for your rights but they are universal rights: freedom, equality, solidarity, respect… Something that can be shared by every human being, it's inclusive. When they chose the 'race' over these values (like with Creed…), they are not anymore the X-men I like.
    (I liked Charles Xavier… not this new one.)
    Ditto. I'm actually kind of rooting for them to go back to the usual status quo. Everything about the X-Men has just been so cold and emotionless, in recent years. These writers really need to lighten up the tone.

It's rather ironic that not only is Hickman basically making the X-Men Inhumans now but all the things X-fans said made the Inhumans unlikable is being positively received now that it is applied to mutants.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's rather ironic that not only is Hickman basically making the X-Men Inhumans now but all the things X-fans said made the Inhumans unlikable is being positively received now that it is applied to mutants.
    how did he make them inhumans?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how did he make them inhumans?
    Viewing themselves as superior to everyone else, having a separate country of their own, emphasis on unusual culture and practices.

Niffleheim

The irony has not been lost to me lol so I'm not going to hold it against anybody having double standards - fandom is rarely rational.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-10-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I didn't like the Inhumans because they released a cloud that screwed Mutants over for a year. I can't speak for everyone, but I think that was most people's major problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I didn't like the Inhumans because they released a cloud that screwed Mutants over for a year. I can't speak for everyone, but I think that was most people's major problem with them.
    it was black bolt that released it, and he was exiled for tht and other things

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not going to go down the IvX rabbit hole again, but this doesn't have much to do with my point. A lot of people had a negative perception of the Inhumans because of that plot, not because they wore weird clothes, or because Black Bolt slept with that horse.

a good chunk of Inhumans supported that decision (or at the very least were complacent about it) and didnt do anything about it until IvX despite knowing it was killing mutants for almost a year

I'm not going to go down the IvX rabbit hole again, but this doesn't have much to do with my point. A lot of people had a negative perception of the Inhumans because of that plot, not because they wore weird clothes, or because Black Bolt slept with that horse.
    IA. People also hated them bc of the backstage politics with Marvel pushing the X-men down and giving many of their motiffs to the Inhumans as a way to pseudo-replace them

I'm not going to go down the IvX rabbit hole again, but this doesn't have much to do with my point. A lot of people had a negative perception of the Inhumans because of that plot, not because they wore weird cloths, or because Black Bolt slept with that horse.
    but black bolt didn't slept with a horse... yeah i know people hated inhumans because of that plot.

Anyway I think if it was a reverse, mutants would get less hate

but black bolt didn't slept with a horse... yeah i know people hated inhumans because of that plot.

He didn't? Oops, my apologies! I thought I saw something that suggested he had a relationship with her.

Yep... posted this earlier in this thread..

"Hickman's X-men is more Inhumans than it is X-men..but even more weird, cultish and alien than Inhumans has ever been"

Krakoa is basically Attilan..

pod people..not unlike Terrigen pods from the cloud/Terrigen chambers

the ritual stuff surrounding resurrection..not unlike the rituals surrounding Terrigenesis

Mutants thinking they're superior..not unlike Inhumans

Etc Etc

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Yep... posted this earlier in this thread..

"Hickman's X-men is more Inhumans than it is X-men..but even more weird, cultish and alien than Inhumans has ever been"

Krakoa is basically Attilan..

pod people..not unlike Terrigen pods from the cloud/Terrigen chambers

the ritual stuff surrounding resurrection..not unlike the rituals surrounding Terrigenesis

Mutants thinking they're superior..not unlike Inhumans

Etc Etc
    You know it isn't though. Attilan doesn't engage in political and trade agreements. Nor did they seek United Nations acceptance.

Krakoa isn't isolating itself from the world, they are participating, sharing medical advancements, signing peace and trade treaties, asked the United Nations General Assembly to accept Krakoa as a nation.

The mutants aren't hiding, they are just retreating a bit and consolidating under a united security umbrella, economic and political might, and recognition of their right to form their own country.

I am not saying everything is perfect, there are some threads that could bring everything down, but the mutants aren't separating themselves as much as people think they are. If the United Nations has a massive worldwide disaster to deal with they could actually go to Secretary of State Emma Frost and ask her if Krakoa would be willing to send support and aid, there is actually a very good chance that the Krakoan government would say yes.

Signing on with the United Nations charter comes with certain obligations, and Krakoa has accepted those obligations and agreed to the terms of the charter.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    a good chunk of Inhumans supported that decision (or at the very least were complacent about it) and didnt do anything about it until IvX despite knowing it was killing mutants for almost a year

IA. People also hated them bc of the backstage politics with Marvel pushing the X-men down and giving many of their motiffs to the Inhumans as a way to pseudo-replace them
    Now they're just making the X-men/Mutants more like Inhumans...but taking it to weirder, more alien and more cultish places

Of course bc the X-men are far more popular than the Inhumans ever were. Less fans = less people to be upset