Page 200 of 662 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 9926
    Spectacular Member

HocusPocus era isn't all that great, sadly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Ditto. It's kinda boring, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    I can make it even more unpopular. I thought Age of X-Man was better than HoX/PoX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I can make it even more unpopular. I thought Age of X-Man was better than HoX/PoX.
    Are you me??

But nothing of consequence happened in AoX? Care to expound?

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But nothing of consequence happened in AoX? Care to expound?
    Tempo died and Frenzy got some new threads
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Now that's just being petty.

The "Giant Sized" issues announced so far (Jean+Emma and Magneto) are a massively wasted opportunity and shouldn't be more stories about characters already hogging the spotlight.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

10char

download.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

I really would like more Sunfire stories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I really would like more Sunfire stories.
    Giant Size X-Men: Northstar finds Sunfire on Grindr.

BANNED

Oh, I got another one:

I thought the time-displaced O5 were the best incarnations of those characters if only because of the growth they were allowed to exhibit. It felt natural, it felt in character and it was so interesting to see Jean in the leadership position over Scott!

Like, for once, Scott got to start to figure out who he is outside of having to be perfect--he got to be on the other end of having to delegate control and listen, while Jean was faced with making much more head-on decisions. Additionally, I thought Hank dabbling in magic was very fascinating, especially for such a strictly scientific mind. Like, it makes sense too, why wouldn't he want a chance to understand the science behind it? It obviously exists, so why not!

And consequently the return of Scott and Jean's older selves make the two seem stale and regressed by comparison. Like I'm happy to still consider the two dead, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh, I got another one:

I thought the time-displaced O5 were the best incarnations of those characters if only because of the growth they were allowed to exhibit. It felt natural, it felt in character and it was so interesting to see Jean in the leadership position over Scott!

Like, for once, Scott got to start to figure out who he is outside of having to be perfect--he got to be on the other end of having to delegate control and listen, while Jean was faced with making much more head-on decisions. Additionally, I thought Hank dabbling in magic was very fascinating, especially for such a strictly scientific mind. Like, it makes sense too, why wouldn't he want a chance to understand the science behind it? It obviously exists, so why not!

And consequently the return of Scott and Jean's older selves make the two seem stale and regressed by comparison. Like I'm happy to still consider the two dead, to be honest.
    Well it is very different have to write the O5 on 2010s instead of 1960s.

I really liked Jean taking charge instead of being the girl of the group

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh, I got another one:

IA with you on Hank and Jean but not the rest. I dont see how this was the best version of Scott. More like the worse. I think this time showed that he is nothing without being a leader. its core to his character and when you strip that away, you lose a vital aspect of him. Teen Scott spent most of his time was spent reacting to his older self and that resulted in a character that was depressed, angsty and downright annoying. As far as Scott habing to figure out who he was outside of being perfect, I felt the writers did a better job with that in older Scott who was on that trajectory since Morrison's run. He was a flawed character. He acknowledged it and others did as well (although to the extremes). He hadnt been trying to be perfect in quite some time by the time the Younger version was created

Notice you dont even mention Warren bc he got little to no character development.

I guess there's Bobby left. Outside of coming out, I dont think there was much growth there. He felt the most redundant as he and older self got the same character arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with you on Hank and Jean but not the rest. I dont see how this was the best version of Scott. More like the worse. I think this time showed that he is nothing without being a leader. its core to his character and when you strip that away, you lose a vital aspect of him. Teen Scott spent most of his time was spent reacting to his older self and that resulted in a character that was depressed, angsty and downright annoying. As far as Scott habing to figure out who he was outside of being perfect, I felt the writers did a better job with that in older Scott who was on that trajectory since Morrison's run. He was a flawed character. He acknowledged it and others did as well (although to the extremes). He hadnt been trying to be perfect in quite some time by the time the Younger version was created

Notice you dont even mention Warren bc he got little to no character development.

I guess there's Bobby left. Outside of coming out, I dont think there was much growth there. He felt the most redundant as he and older self got the same character arc
    See, I thought the opposite; I loved seeing him outside of being a leader because they actually started to do something with him. He actually addressed his insecurities and started to work around them, because he didn't want to fall into the same pit-falls which had made his then-adult self just...so friggin' insufferable (Look, I'm sorry, I didn't like him like that alright?) Plus there was the actual fleshing-out he got in his solo, especially in regards to what he could do with his eye-beams. I mean, ok, it was only a small moment but it was something new! I loved seeing him feel more 'human,' I guess and less militaristic. It reminded me a lot of X-Men Evolution Scott.

And I couldn't be arsed listing the other two, so sue me.