Page 201 of 657 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    See, I thought the opposite; I loved seeing him outside of being a leader because they actually started to do something with him. He actually addressed his insecurities and started to work around them, because he didn't want to fall into the same pit-falls which had made his then-adult self just...so friggin' insufferable (Look, I'm sorry, I didn't like him like that alright?) Plus there was the actual fleshing-out he got in his solo, especially in regards to what he could do with his eye-beams. I mean, ok, it was only a small moment but it was something new! I loved seeing him feel more 'human,' I guess and less militaristic. It reminded me a lot of X-Men Evolution Scott.

And I couldn't be arsed listing the other two, so sue me.
    I guess I saw it differently. I saw him as so disgusted with his older self and how he turned out that he was desperate to not make the same mistakes. He backed down from leading bc he didnt want that responsibility on his shoulders bc he wanted to be nothing like older Scott and kept trying to convince himself and others that he wasnt. I dont think he really explored that and was more being a false version of himself out of fear. The one good thing about this is that it gave Jean the oppurtunity to step up bc none of the other guys quite had it in them.

I will admit that I didnt read his solo. He may have gotten decent development there but that was all but ignored in the other books. From the few issues I read, he smiled and was pleasant in his solo whereas he was perpetually depressed in the O5 books

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

It reminded me a lot of X-Men Evolution Scott.
    X-Evo was splendid. Too bad if I would watch that now, there's a chance the character dialogues there are distorted in my mind into HoxPoxDox dialogue.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess I saw it differently. I saw him as so disgusted with his older self and how he turned out that he was desperate to not make the same mistakes. He backed down from leading bc he didnt want that responsibility on his shoulders bc he wanted to be nothing like older Scott and kept trying to convince himself and others that he wasnt. I dont think he really explored that and was more being a false version of himself out of fear

I will admit that I didnt read his solo. He may have gotten decent development there but that was all but ignored in the other books. From the few issues I read, he smiled and was pleasant in his solo whereas he was perpetually depressed in the O5 books
    He did, but I don't think that's a bad approach. In fact, I think for someone who can be a tad control-freak-ish that it was a rather big thing. Like, man, I can't tell ya how hard it is for me not to obsess over the little things, to see Scott be able to step back in order to start from the ground up...that was big. Like it could have been such a blow; for his pride, his confidence, his self-esteem...but he handled it with such grace. And that's where the growth was, in letting himself throw out some of the old that was keeping him down to grow himself back up.

Oh you should totally give his solo a go; if nothing else it gets to highlight some great moments between him and Corsair. That being said, that does come after an unsure period for him, I think, in continuity--once he gets to X-Men Blue though and then Champions he's a much happier seeming lad!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    X-Evo was splendid. Too bad if I would watch that now, there's a chance the character dialogues there are distorted in my mind into HoxPoxDox dialogue.
    No dude, trust me, it's the ultimate healing! Scott's voice is so different from his HOX/POX one (he sounds like a person!)

He did, but I don't think that's a bad approach. In fact, I think for someone who can be a tad control-freak-ish that it was a rather big thing. Like, man, I can't tell ya how hard it is for me not to obsess over the little things, to see Scott be able to step back in order to start from the ground up...that was big. Like it could have been such a blow; for his pride, his confidence, his self-esteem...but he handled it with such grace. And that's where the growth was, in letting himself throw out some of the old that was keeping him down to grow himself back up.

Oh you should totally give his solo a go; if nothing else it gets to highlight some great moments between him and Corsair. That being said, that does come after an unsure period for him, I think, in continuity--once he gets to X-Men Blue though and then Champions he's a much happier seeming lad!
    I agree with you. I prefered the teen Scott version for the reasons you listed. I think the character understanding that he doesn't need to carry x-men on his back and can step down a really great moment

I read some issues of the solo that Rucka wrotea nd Dauterman was drawing. They were good stuff

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

No dude, trust me, it's the ultimate healing! Scott's voice is so different from his HOX/POX one (he sounds like a person!)
    How to enjoy Evo-Kitty after going through "turn-human-scum-into-vegetatives" Captain Kate?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    How to enjoy Evo-Kitty after going through "turn-human-scum-into-vegetatives" Captain Kate?
    Totally different voices, I promise; this is the Kitty with a much stronger support network and who tends to take a few seconds to stop and reason out how she's feeling.

But for what it's worth, I don't think Captain Kate's quite going down that route; she seemed to express concern over getting the human drugs to a poorer nation over a privileged country club, for what it's worth, so her sense of empathy is still there--plus, even in issue #1 she was telling the soldiers "It doesn't have to be like this." I think there's hope for her, she's just kind of revelling in the adventure...plus having some kind of...booze issues...?

I think it's part of the ongoing thing, is what I'm trying to say, but I definitely get where you're coming from.

Plus, for what it's worth, Kitty's faith has always been an important part of who she is: I can't see her just up and abandoning that considering how closely she still feels it ties her to her late father. Barring some damn egregious retconning, of course, but we'll have to see.

Now Storm on the other hand, she's the one I'm most concerned for.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I agree with you. I prefered the teen Scott version for the reasons you listed. I think the character understanding that he doesn't need to carry x-men on his back and can step down a really great moment

I read some issues of the solo that Rucka wrotea nd Dauterman was drawing. They were good stuff
    It doesn't shock me you like Teen Scott, since Teen Scott was a gutted, useless piece of trash character. There was absolutely nothing connecting Teen Scott to Adult Scott in any way, shape, or form. Teen Scott was mopey, whiny, ineffectual coward.

That was the big difference between Jeen, Tobby, and Tott: You could logically see how Jeen becomes Jean or how Tobby becomes Bobby. There is no way in hell that Tott becomes Scott at all. He would have gotten them all killed in their very first battle by being essentially useless.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It doesn't shock me you like Teen Scott, since Teen Scott was a gutted, useless piece of trash character. There was absolutely nothing connecting Teen Scott to Adult Scott in any way, shape, or form. Teen Scott was mopey, whiny, ineffectual coward.

That was the big difference between Jeen, Tobby, and Tott: You could logically see how Jeen becomes Jean or how Tobby becomes Bobby. There is no way in hell that Tott becomes Scott at all. He would have gotten them all killed in their very first battle by being essentially useless.
    If my teenage herself saw be erally depressed and I didn't do anyting as bad as Scott did. Tyke just wanted to be a good boyfriend for Jean, make Xavier proud. He didn't made any of these and then there is being a good leader, and that is debatable.

I don't think teen scott is that awful leading, he did very well when he had to lead on venom crossover and Jeen was "dead".
    I think the point is that he doesn't become his adult himself, he become someone better. Maybe a worse leader, but a much better person

If my teenage herself saw be erally depressed and I didn't do anyting as bad as Scott did. Tyke just wanted to be a good boyfriend for Jean, make Xavier proud. He didn't made any of these and then there is being a good leader, and that is debatable.

I don't think teen scott is that awful leading, he did very well when he had to lead on venom crossover and Jeen was "dead".
    I think the point is that he doesn't become his adult himself, he become someone better. Maybe a worse leader, but a much better person
    He didnt do anything after Jean "died". He impulsively tried to run after her and Venom had to snatch him before he got himself killed and turned into a Poison as well. There was no oppurtunity to lead in Venomized as the O5 took a backseat as the focus was on the veteran Marvel Heroes

By better person do you mean "a completely pointless threat to Jean's existence at Goddess?"?

Tott reminds me heavily of Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men. There is no logical reason Jean would ever want to be with him, ever. Or Emma. Or anyone else for that matter. His character amounted to doing stupidly rash things for no real benefit to himself or anyone around him. Tott makes Charles Xavier look like a lunatic for ever entrusting the X-Men to him.

He didnt do anything after Jean "died". He impulsively tried to run after her and Venom had to snatch him before he got himself killed and turned into a Poison as well. There was no oppurtunity to lead in Venomized as the O5 took a backseat as the focus was on the veteran Marvel Heroes
    ^Also this^.

By better person do you mean "a completely pointless threat to Jean's existence at Goddess?"?

Tott reminds me heavily of Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men. There is no logical reason Jean would ever want to be with him, ever. Or Emma. Or anyone else for that matter. His character amounted to doing stupidly rash things for no real benefit to himself or anyone around him. Tott makes Charles Xavier look like a lunatic for ever entrusting the X-Men to him.
    Better person: saw his mistakes and doesn't want to commit them. He is totally repulsed by what he became.

I don't think Jean liked Scott because he was the big gun on the team.
    Scott was choosen by Xavier to lead because he was a man and the only one really interested on the x-men cause. he really took it really seriously,l it was the only thing he had going. Bob was imature, Warren too playboy and Hank was a bit rebel and too science guy to lead.

I really remembered a competent Scott on this
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-27-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Better person: saw his mistakes and doesn't want to commit them. He is totally repulsed by what he became.

I don't think Jean liked Scott because he was the big gun on the team. Scott was choosen because he was a man and the only one really interested on it. Bob was imature, Warren too playboy and Hank was a bit rebel and too science guy to lead.

I really remembered a competent Scott on this
    Really? Jean was with Scott for years, spent several years raising Cable with him in the future, all of that... because he was the only one interested? So she never had any romantic feelings, never had any connection (despite their psychic rapport), just because he was there?

Wow... just... wow...

Really? Jean was with Scott for years, spent several years raising Cable with him in the future, all of that... because he was the only one interested? So she never had any romantic feelings, never had any connection (despite their psychic rapport), just because he was there?

Wow... just... wow...
    There was a mistaken made and i'm going to fix it. wait

this is what I meant:

I don't think Jean liked Scott because he was the big gun on the team.
    Scott was choosen by Xavier to lead because he was a man and the only one really interested on the x-men cause. he really took it really seriously,l it was the only thing he had going. Bob was imature, Warren too playboy and Hank was a bit rebel and too science guy to lead.