Page 207 of 667 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10005
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Heh, the Marvel character signature was set as "flaws and failure." That was supposed to demonstrate that for all the super things they can do, these Marvels are supposed to be still persons, humans at the core. But that characterization rule has gone beyond Stan Lee and well into Gen Urobuchi at this point.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member

Magneto is physically about 35 years old. And not because of deaging, not because of cloning, or any other copout. It's because he controls a fundamental force of universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Magneto is physically about 35 years old. And not because of deaging, not because of cloning, or any other copout. It's because he controls a fundamental force of universe.
    That must be a retcon. Longevity has never been a power of Magneto .

Edit : I am sorry I didn’t get that this thread was about head canon
    Last edited by hulkling; 12-17-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Jean Grey being dead was a Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacy moment for the X-men. Her death was a defining motivation for the X-men. I am perfectly fine with Jean Grey being alive I think she a great character BUT it is 100% percent easy to say that X-men comics are better with Jean Grey dead. And the same thing is true for Xavier being dead, Xavier being dead is better for the franchise the only thing Xavier being alive has done is make him look like a worse leader and add on some horrible thing he has done. The myth of some characters are better than characters themselves. Jean as tragic reminder of the morality of the X-men and the close friend they all lost is going to be worth more than anything she will ever do. Xavier has "mythical saintly wise loving father figure" mentor who is the epitome of ideals is worth more than any story you can tell.

"Xavier's Dream" "Thunderbird anybody at anytime can die" and "Jean Grey's Sacrifice" these are key things for the X-men. "Jean Grey the ideal" is better than "Jean Grey the character".
    Yeah, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Botox is a fundamental force?

Astonishing Member

Magneto is 30something because he was explicetely deaged (or aged, because Magneto had been deaged to baby status) on panel to 30 years old by Claremont,iirc, in the late 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The entire Terrigen thing was hot garbage, but I still stand by that the rest of the characters were more interesting without them around. All of them had so much baggage that I didn't care about them anymore and seeing other characters trying to step up and lead without them was cool.

When they came back, I knew so many cool people were about to get shafted. My response was "great, these tired ****ers who've failed at most of their goals, or made things much worse for everyone around them, get to come back and do the same thing that got everyone into this mess again. for like the millionth time. ugh."

Might not be totally fair, but yeah.
    Agreed on both counts. The Terrigen era being a dumpster fire and things being a lot more interesting without the tired spotlight hogs around.

And just a minor unpopular (at least from what I saw talking with some people last night) opinion...Goldballs might have been a kind of a joke of a codename but its still much better than 'Egg' and I really doubt 'Egg' is going to stick.

I don't know if this has been bought up already, nor do I know if it's unpopular or controversial but I hate that Wolverine was revealed to have bone claws. The idea that he was a bloke with healing powers that they turned into a weapon by grafting adamantium to his skeleton and giving him retractable claws is SO much cooler than bone claws. Bone. Claws. So dumb.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I don't know if this has been bought up already, nor do I know if it's unpopular or controversial but I hate that Wolverine was revealed to have bone claws. The idea that he was a bloke with healing powers that they turned into a weapon by grafting adamantium to his skeleton and giving him retractable claws is SO much cooler than bone claws. Bone. Claws. So dumb.
    SAME. I’d be willing to compromise with retractable alpha-keratin, torn out and replaced by adamantium. It means Wolverines would have ducts in the back of their hands, and NOT break skin, but I’m also cool with less unnecessary pathos.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Magneto is 30something because he was explicetely deaged (or aged, because Magneto had been deaged to baby status) on panel to 30 years old by Claremont,iirc, in the late 70s.
    So, forty something years ago…
    Being a hand-drawn character… the secret to eternal youth…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

A major drawback when you face Magneto, though…
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

OTOH it means anyone with a Healing Factor could be given those claws. It would have been even worse before his Healing Factor was introduced, because then ANYONE could have the claws. While the bone claws haven't completely prevented other characters from having them, at least they're tied to a specific power set rather than being able to take any random person off the street.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I can: Iceman. Entirely because of his solo.
    That came after the Terrigen era.

BANNED

I’m just gonna put it out there...maybe Xeno have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Jean Grey being dead was a Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacy moment for the X-men. Her death was a defining motivation for the X-men. I am perfectly fine with Jean Grey being alive I think she a great character BUT it is 100% percent easy to say that X-men comics are better with Jean Grey dead. And the same thing is true for Xavier being dead, Xavier being dead is better for the franchise the only thing Xavier being alive has done is make him look like a worse leader and add on some horrible thing he has done. The myth of some characters are better than characters themselves. Jean as tragic reminder of the morality of the X-men and the close friend they all lost is going to be worth more than anything she will ever do. Xavier has "mythical saintly wise loving father figure" mentor who is the epitome of ideals is worth more than any story you can tell.

"Xavier's Dream" "Thunderbird anybody at anytime can die" and "Jean Grey's Sacrifice" these are key things for the X-men. "Jean Grey the ideal" is better than "Jean Grey the character".
    Jean isn't a Gwen Stacy or a Uncle Ben. She has her own story and heroic moments. So compare her to them already lost a lot of the argument, not even Gwen Stacy isn't a Gwen stacy anymore because of spider-gwen.
    I don't know why use reductive and regressive views on a character like Jean.

Xavier problem is that witers can't see to stop writing him like a villain.

Jean is not better as a ideal. She is sgnificant worse as that, she became a whole failure.

Why I never heard of this with male characters as Barry Allen, Jason Todd. Or even with magik, she fullfilled the role of "friend and dead" a lot better than Jean.

For me this is a total misunderstoodment of what the character stand up for
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.