Page 208 of 668 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 10013

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    OTOH it means anyone with a Healing Factor could be given those claws.
    True, I see what you mean. But the other complaint I have about bone claws is that there are literally no creatures in our world with bone claws. They don't exist in nature. I get that comics shouldn't necessarily adhere to the laws of the real world (because it'd get real boring real quick) but bone claws? I'm sorry, it just seems like such a silly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It would have been even worse before his Healing Factor was introduced, because then ANYONE could have the claws. While the bone claws haven't completely prevented other characters from having them, at least they're tied to a specific power set rather than being able to take any random person off the street.
    Well, not just anyone could get them, they'd die in the process. Anyone with a healing factor, sure, they totally could. To that point, wasn't there some version of the Hulk with Wolvie claws a few years ago?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    True, I see what you mean. But the other complaint I have about bone claws is that there are literally no creatures in our world with bone claws. They don't exist in nature. I get that comics shouldn't necessarily adhere to the laws of the real world (because it'd get real boring real quick) but bone claws? I'm sorry, it just seems like such a silly idea.
    The hairy frog has retractable bone claws.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    The hairy frog has retractable bone claws.
    Holy ****, you're right! I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

First you fish for an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    sometimes it feels like people want to convince that x-men comics are better if Jean is dead
    Then you discredit people who try to engage with you and explain their thoughts in good faith.

Jean is not better as a ideal. She is sgnificant worse as that, she became a whole failure.
    It's possible there's a language barrier that prevents cordial conversation, but honestly, you should acknowledge that maybe Zethrimon was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    First you fish for an argument.

Then you discredit people who try to engage with you and explain their thoughts in good faith.

It's possible there's a language barrier that prevents cordial conversation, but honestly, you should acknowledge that maybe Zethrimon was right.
    You wanted me to agree with them? just part of the discussion, people gonna agree and some others no
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-17-2019 at 11:02 AM.

You wanted me to agree with them?
    No, I and others, would prefer you to show that you at least understand our preferences. We all already understand yours.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    No, I and others, would prefer you to show that you at least understand our preferences. We all already understand yours.
    I understand, i just don't agree with it

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We disagree a lot on here, but I agree with you on this. Every time Xavier comes back he becomes a worse and worse person. He's better as a dead inspirational figurehead than an ongoing character. At this point I don't know why anyone follows him because of number of horrible things he's done and the lies he's told. Jean, well....she's just been gone so long she just doesn't feel necessary to me. Like, everyone has moved on, and now she's back. I'm sure her fans are happy, but she's been gone the entire time I've been reading comics, so I don't care about her one way or another.
    Jean was gone then we had Rachel, Hope and Jeen. Writers always found a way to create some kind of Jean look a like
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-17-2019 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

Well, not just anyone could get them, they'd die in the process. Anyone with a healing factor, sure, they totally could. To that point, wasn't there some version of the Hulk with Wolvie claws a few years ago?
    The Healing Factor was a retcon that wasn't introduced until several years after his introduction when a writer (IIRC it was Claremont) realized just how problematic having bones entirely covered in metal would actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Definitely agree here. It's like, every time he comes back you get a steel pipe to the knee; just when you think he's put people through enough, suddenly it's revealed there was more behind the curtain that he was planning all along. Like, the guy is a master manipulator, to sociopathic degrees at times, and I'm kind of shocked his own villainous potential hasn't been delved into...or at least the idea of how much emotional abuse his students must've suffered, be it directly or indirectly...
    There is a running half-joke among some of the fandom that Xavier is the greatest villain in X-men comics. Even if the writers aren't fully aware of how terrible he is, people have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m just gonna put it out there...maybe Xeno have a point.

At least 1/4th of the Government is gung-ho about genocide in response to their first crisis, so maybe?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Speaking of crisis, my opinion is that the Marvel Universe setting where mutants is concerned has reached an untenable narrative dead end and, seeing as a Secret Wars was not enough to reset mutant-human relations to an even pH, maybe a DC-level Crisis would.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Speaking of crisis, my opinion is that the Marvel Universe setting where mutants is concerned has reached an untenable narrative dead end and, seeing as a Secret Wars was not enough to reset mutant-human relations to an even pH, maybe a DC-level Crisis would.
    Hard seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    If you're suggesting a "reset"/alternate timeline moment, please no. the timeline we have is confused enough, and rife with space to build.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Good thing that we're entering a new status quo that changes things dramatically, then.

Except not really? Its actually surprising how little has actually changed. Characters are not dead, but almost none of them are getting focus. Instead we're dealing with the same cartoon racist humans, and the X-men have just made the jump from 'working with some of our villains, but not the monsters' to 'working with the worst of the worst, and putting them in charge this time!'