Page 21 of 669 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Here's a few folks who've jobbed Wolverine just off the top of my head: Cyclops, Colossus (chucked him about a mile for calling Storm a "broad"), Shingen, Kitty Pryde, Sabretooth, Hulk, Deathstrike, the Reavers, Omega Red, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Spider-man, Cable, Deadpool, Mr. X, Marrow, Squirrel Girl, Archangel, Psylocke, Cassandra Nova, Gambit, X-23, Magneto (obviously), the Wrecker, Mystique, Cyber, Wendigo and a future Sentinel.

Again, that's just me sitting here looking at my collected hardcovers in my office and thinking back on stories over the years. There are many, many other times where he's gotten his ass handed to him, often to show how badass another character is and establish him/her as a threat. I'm not going to do exhaustive research on every instance or provide citations for you. I don't have the time or inclination, or care that much to be honest. But I've been a Wolverine fan for a long time and have him seen him get smoked way too many times for my liking.

Has younger Logan also kicked plenty of ass? Sure. Of course. Lots of it. That's why I was always a fan. And some of the folks mentioned above got theirs from him in the end too. But OML has also kicked his share of ass, quite decisively I might add. 616 Logan never decapitated the Red Skull, with his greatest enemy's shield of all things, for example. Badass. Or killed an entire gang of inbred "lesser Hulks" only to later kill the Hulk himself. Also bad-freakin-ass. Face it, OML is awesome. If they keep him around long enough, I'm sure they'll ruin him too and continue having him job to folks regularly just like younger Logan did. The perils of having the ability to heal I guess...

...regardless, we'll agree to disagree and move on. Looks like I'm not as alone as I thought in thinking OML superior, so maybe not such a controversial opinion after all. But there are many more who still prefer the younger version. And more still who like neither version. Everyone has an opinion. I've given mine.
    I don't think you know what jobbing means. Nearly all of the characters you've mentioned are superior than Logan, and if not, some of them are at least skilled enough that they can give him a good fight.

Let's just talk about Spider-Man. You know how fast Spider-Man is? The fact that Logan can even keep up with him is jobbing Spider-Man, not Logan. Apart from that, he has super strength which is far greater than Logan. Spider sense that gives him warning of any danger. Go on and ask this on rumbles forum, Spidey vs. Logan is pretty much a curb stomp in Spidey's favour.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I must say, I'm liking this thread! Well, now that I've gone through all the prior comments, here are some of my own. Some may be repeats, others may not be controversial, but they're all "true:"

• Mike Carey was the best X-Men in the franchise’s history writer after Claremont. Seriously, the guy made a story about Wolverine and Mystique’s bastard son awesome (No More Humans).
    • If Marvel was smart, they’d beg Carey to come back and helm the line, giving him no less than 5 YEARS to institute that plan WITHOUT dragging his books into idiotic line-wide events: they can have a self-contained mini (ala Secret Invasion or Civil War/CW2), but the main books aren’t to be touched.
    • The X-Men are running drastically low on good villains: Sabretooth’s been inverted, which I’ll admit that I love, Magneto’s an X-Man (again), Apocalypse an afterthought at this point and Mr. Sinister hasn’t been done well since Gillen had him. This is, to me, part of the reason Marvel’s been pitting the X-Men against their other franchises.
    • Speaking of villains, the X-Men need a good human villain that ISN’T William Stryker: I like that the movies have kept him around, but he’s played out in the comics. We need a new Graydon Creed/Friends of Humanity-esque villain/group.
    • Again on villains, I love that the Marauders came back for a while there (thank you, Mr. Carey), but we need more evil mutant groups.
    • Last bit on villains, Vulcan was a lot like Marvel’s Superboy Prime: he was that whiny and entitled yet really powerful kid that you love to hate. I’d love to see him brought back: they brought back Black Bolt, so why not Vulcan?
    • Switching tracks, Bendis’s run wasn’t that bad. It had a terrific start, and you could tell that the book was crackling with this kind of righteous energy. Unfortunately, the 05 overstayed their welcome, and Bendis seemed to run outta gas toward the end. In the end, his run didn’t amount to much, but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Lemire, Aaron or Austen (my triumvirate of crappy X-Men writers)
    • Speaking of runs, I don’t care for Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men. It’s ok, at best, and stupid, at worst. He had some good character work, but his plots were often idiotic and nonsensical. Cassaday’s art basically saves the entire run.
    • Adam-X needs a renaissance. There was such potential there, only for it to be squandered. Also, unlike the majority of characters created in the ‘90s, he actually had a plausible excuse for having blades all over his costume, as his offensive powers don’t actually work unless an opponent’s blood is exposed.
    • I want to see Spiral on the X-Men. I never really got a true “villain vibe” from her, and her design and powerset are too cool (especially with Magik seemingly taking a break) to NOT have on a team. And don’t mention Humphries’s Uncanny X-Force: not only was that one of the most horrid titles I’ve ever read, but Spiral was barely in the damn book.

I may come back with more, but that's a good start, methinks.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Maybe it's the super-long and curly hair and, of course, the uniform. Maybe the change kinda got started with her black bodysuit w/the green top and that belt? She was pretty hot in that.
    It was prettyuch agreed on a while ago that Rogue started acting, dressing, exhibiting a flirtier, girlie nature because of her multiple draining of Dazzler.
    Rogue was obsessed with Ali in the Dazzler solo series and by the time they were on the team together, she'd literally sapped Ali so much she was even wearing her clothes, wearing her hair in giant pop star ringlets, smooching dudes despite her powerset. This was around the same time she started calling people "darlin" which previous, had been Dazzler's shtick.

Let's just talk about Spider-Man. You know how fast Spider-Man is? The fact that Logan can even keep up with him is jobbing Spider-Man, not Logan. Apart from that, he has super strength which is far greater than Logan. Spider sense that gives him warning of any danger. Go on and ask this on rumbles forum, Spidey vs. Logan is pretty much a curb stomp in Spidey's favour.
    Spider-man, on average, should be able to take down teams worth of X-men.

Against telepaths, he's not much good, but anything else, he's a team wrecker.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    It was prettyuch agreed on a while ago that Rogue started acting, dressing, exhibiting a flirtier, girlie nature because of her multiple draining of Dazzler.
    Rogue was obsessed with Ali in the Dazzler solo series and by the time they were on the team together, she'd literally sapped Ali so much she was even wearing her clothes, wearing her hair in giant pop star ringlets, smooching dudes despite her powerset. This was around the same time she started calling people "darlin" which previous, had been Dazzler's shtick.
    Yep. And that was when Rogue started her deplorable downhill, IMHO

To each her own trade...
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 03-23-2017 at 04:19 AM.

I kinda would've preferred if Cyclops and Madelyn Pryor had stayed together after Jean came back to life.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love both Rachel and Illyana to bits and still enjoy seeing them now, but every once in a while a comicbook character is created with a specific purpose or a specific story to tell, and I think theirs have played out. Once Illyana turned into the Darkchylde and then reverted back to childhood - I think that should have been the end of her story. Having the Legacy virus kill her was unnecessary and only served to advance Colossus' story at the time, and while I enjoyed Kyle & Yost's story with her return, I can't help but think she can only retread old ground now.

Regarding Rachel, she was always about her Days of Future Past timeline - once Alan Davis had her free up her world from the Sentinels at the end of his Excalibur run, I believe her story had been fully told. As a matter of facts she was immediately shoved thousands of years into the future - and I must say I also enjoyed her role as Mother Askani and the fact it all ended with her death - until of course that was undone and forgotten about as well.

Professor X should get another chance at being part of the X-Men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants in the MU and should be able to take out high tier characters such as Thor, Hulk, Thanos via her creative uses of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    • I want to see Spiral on the X-Men. I never really got a true “villain vibe” from her, and her design and powerset are too cool (especially with Magik seemingly taking a break) to NOT have on a team. And don’t mention Humphries’s Uncanny X-Force: not only was that one of the most horrid titles I’ve ever read, but Spiral was barely in the damn book.
    I'll leave this here, just so I'm sure everyone reads it.

I really enjoyed Fraction's run (apart from the weird 'Red Queen' sections).
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

I don't like how X writers try to tie every mutant character to the X-Men, despite how little they're actually involved in any X stories.

Even though that IvX ending was disgusting, I'm glad Emma is a villain again. I can't help but have some sadistic joy from seeing her fans so unhappy.

I'm glad Jeans been dead for a while and I hate her O5 counterpart, shes one of the most boring and terrible characters in the Marvel Universe
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Incredible Member

I want Xavier to stay dead forever and ever. And I can't for the life of me understand why people want him back, he is awful.

Although he will come back apparently *sigh*

https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...07485119713280

Also those that want Scarlet Witch to be an X-men WTF we have enoguh genocidal/mass-murderer in the X-franchise already

I hate Uncanny Avengers too, I want that awful crap to be erased from existence.