Page 211 of 668 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 10015
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Not really, just a logical expansion of his natural abilities. When you control radiation it comes with benefits.

This must be the wittiest remark I've seen on this site. Impressive.
    I think is more interesting that it come with perks. Magneto powers damage his mind and are the reason why Lorna has problems with her mental health

BANNED

Ok, I don't know if this is gonna be controversial or unpopular, per-se, but it's an odd one at least:

I'm actually enjoying the reading the novelisations of the X-Men stories more than the comic format? I've been in the hospital for a few days, see, waiting for surgery and...man, I don't know. Something about Magneto's Mutant Empire in novel format just felt so much more fulfilling for these characters? I love how Scott and Corsair's relationship is played out and with such tension, with such compassion...and Gambit and Rogue! Just, the intra-personal relationships we love from these characters works sowell like this? I need more of these novels in my life!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The smaller size of descriptive prose means more can be fit in a page, and more story can be had in as long as you want to read in a sitting, rather than a 20+page issue that would not have a continuation until anywhere from next week to next month, barring any delays.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, I don't know if this is gonna be controversial or unpopular, per-se, but it's an odd one at least:

I'm actually enjoying the reading the novelisations of the X-Men stories more than the comic format? I've been in the hospital for a few days, see, waiting for surgery and...man, I don't know. Something about Magneto's Mutant Empire in novel format just felt so much more fulfilling for these characters? I love how Scott and Corsair's relationship is played out and with such tension, with such compassion...and Gambit and Rogue! Just, the intra-personal relationships we love from these characters works sowell like this? I need more of these novels in my life!
    I'm not surprised: for me, I prefer fanfictions than today's comics. Of course, it's amateurish work and not everything is well written but it's less flashy and so varied. There is maybe a lack of action-centered stories and it focus heavily on interpersonal relationships but there are many talented writers, indeed…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

What's the name of the novel you're reading? Also I hope all goes well with your surgery, get well soon!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I want more stories set in 'The End' universe just so we could see more of Marvel Girl's father.

Kitty's first good costume was the Red Queen one that she has now....and changing her name to Kate is dumb (not sure how unpopular that one is). Imma keep calling her Kitty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What's the name of the novel you're reading? Also I hope all goes well with your surgery, get well soon!
    X-Men: The Mutant empire omnibus. It's honestly so good! Like, the issue is never just boiled down to good vs evil, there's so much grey on both sides and just, like, even the basic stuff. Like how much Hank cares for Bobby as an old friend before being a team-mate...and even Scott and Jean's romance. I get the connection finally! It's just such an interesting experience, you gotta give it a shot!

And thankyou!! I finally had it and I'm happy to say I'm home for the holidays! In pain, but home, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Kitty's first good costume was the Red Queen one that she has now....and changing her name to Kate is dumb (not sure how unpopular that one is). Imma keep calling her Kitty.
    I liked her Astonishing X-Men costume but the current one is definitely her best. Agreed about calling her Kitty.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Nobody was meant to stay with the X-Men forever. But what's forever in comics or life, or where or who and when do I get there to go?

The whole idea was that the cast changes as individuals move on into their own lives separate from the one they shared with their teammates. This idea was something Chris Claremont once spoke of when discussing Scott leaving the X-Men after Jeans's death in Dark Phoenix and meeting Madelyn Pryor prior to her being retconned into Jean's clone.

It's possible to view the X-Men, now, as a people and population that has forever been held captive by a Krakoa-nian concept that an individual can never separate from the collective island of an an isolationist societal hope, an exclusivity in exile and a personal freedom tethered to adherence scripted in a language and tense derived entirely from an elliptical apocalyptic intent.

It's a narrative form spoken with failed future inflection and resurrection dramatic flare.

It's word for tomorrow is 'for today.'

In life, and many versions, it's impossible for a fruit to fall and walk away from a tree without the weight and locomotion of blind seeds.

Sure sometimes the tree eats its own.

But sometimes my own and others fly away...and sometimes I catch them mid-flight.

Maybe some bird or a plane or a rocket or person spills them in a land and place where fruit has never been and didn't choose but never-the-less does grow to go up and decay.

Hickman has rejuvenated and shaken up the fundamental language of the X-Men. There is, IMO, right now, substantial potential for new words, new phrases and accidents.

Is this controversial?

Is it wrong to get intimate?

Is it always too naked to get out of uniform?

Is it possible to have powers and forget you have them because to you its who you are and most of time using them is actually more like doing your best with what you got while you can because you just do?

Maybe you're not reading my mind right now, maybe you are, maybe you just teleported back from where you (think a second) were....maybe you don't notice it because using these powers and being you...is something different than what you do.

I'm an X-Men fan because I when I was a kid I was going to leave and I knew that...but I had no idea where or when...and when I left I happened to do something that made me different than who everybody thought I was, especially me...now, here I am...wondering if that makes me more like Rogue or Lisa at the cricle K...who told me last night, after years of seeing her, that she never wears her hearing aids.

This is my hometown.

My hometown became my hometown when it became the town I left.

Not just over the walking bridge.

Sometime way before that and after, the river is a town line and county line and a river.

Like now.

Everybody else coalesces.

I'm here though.

And it's the holidays (in mainstream Marvel comics at least).

And if I get a crystal statue portrait of myself I'm going to teleport quickly out of the living room and throw it as far as I can before it explodes so that we don't all end up in an Annual version of Dante's Inferno because of a secret origin that I've never revealed about how I made a promise and against my will was somehow prophesied to keep it though I tried to disarm him of the dagger while he was possessed by that demon...I did...indeed kill him...and then the people from town came for me with torches and sharpened stakes...and just when I was about to be taken, in my head, a voice that was not my own said and it was spoken...and of course I said (in a language I didn't even know)...yes.

If I wear an X it's because I'm looking for where I buried my treasure in the map...and lost the map...where is it?

And now it syphons a tax from my mutant power because it's a mutant who eats mutants and infinity with loose ends is the knot you can just pull through to undo...or...who tied this, will it hold? (Is this the original mission I came for or from)

Will there ever be an X-Men who leaves the X-Men and doesn't join another MU team or head into some alternate timeline (like death) but does get stories and a book and a life with people and a worth that's worth telling in a world we're speaking about, like we're from the same place, or getting there?

Hope against impossible odds?

Like every single post I write and the possibility of a response...

Of course I love the X-Men.

Oh and PLEASE don't catch that falling self portrait crystal statue!!!
    Last edited by sungila; 12-23-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The "Scott needed to move on from the X-men" by Claremont was purely an excuse for him to have his pet character Storm as leader. He was still in his mid-20's, and Claremont never indicated he had plans like this for other characters he developed from almost the start.

A book about people just living their lives wouldn't sell.

there's also the unexplored option of Cyclops being a good soldier and taking orders from Storm. Cyclops-as-team-lancer would actually be an interesting take.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The "Scott needed to move on from the X-men" by Claremont was purely an excuse for him to have his pet character Storm as leader. He was still in his mid-20's, and Claremont never indicated he had plans like this for other characters he developed from almost the start.

A book about people just living their lives wouldn't sell.
    How are the X-Men always and not already 'just living their lives' albeit in a very limited decided context. And, didn't UXM begin with the the original team leaving to do other things? Claremont had arcs that very much propelled his characters away from the X-Men into their deepening lives. Storm in LIFEDEATH is very much longform character progression that pushes the limitations of team book ideology.

Magik's whole story is not being an X-Men as an X-Men.

And her fans loved her Socerer Supreme What If and I believe would totally ship her leaving Krakoa to do other things.

Wolverine solo books sell. Iceman got a solo in order to express himself outside the um...books.

Xavier was supposed to move on
    CC stated Magneto was intended to inherit his place.

The outside the X-Men seems like the whole reason for sustaining an inside. To me they create one another by being. I'd like to Xperience what's out there...mutation is in a way leaving the island...or the means for trying; mutation doesn't stay put
    Last edited by sungila; 12-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    How are the X-Men always and not already 'just living their lives' albeit in a very limited decided context. And, didn't UXM begin with the the original team leaving to do other things? Claremont had arcs that very much propelled his characters away from the X-Men into their deepening lives. Storm in LIFEDEATH is very much longform character progression that pushes the limitations of team book ideology.

Magik's whole story is not being an X-Men as an X-Men.

And her fans loved her Socerer Supreme What If and I believe would totally ship her leaving Krakoa to do other things.

Wolverine solo books sell. Iceman got a solo in order to express himself outside the um...books.

Xavier was supposed to move on
    CC stated Magneto was intended to inherit his place.

The outside the X-Men seems like the whole reason for sustaining an inside. To me they create one another by being. I'd like to Xperience what's out there...mutation is in a way leaving the island...or the means for trying; mutation doesn't stay put
    In the original run, being an X-men was meant to become irrelevant when the "dream" would have been attained.
    Krakoa doesn't seem to have any goal but replicate itself. And growing… but what for?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In the original run, being an X-men was meant to become irrelevant when the "dream" would have been attained.
    Krakoa doesn't seem to have any goal but replicate itself. And growing… but what for?
    The dream you're talking about as I think you mean it as sourced in MLK's dream as appropriated by Stan Lee before Claremont...that dream isn't ever "to become irrelevant" or left sleeping.

And Krakoa has already been shown making love...not replication...love...love...closer to attainable...not possible to replicate.

Um, my og post is now a distant island of my intent..please scroll up to the bigger really big one if any of you are interested in rescuing me and it
    Last edited by sungila; 12-23-2019 at 05:44 PM.