Page 212 of 668 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    The dream you're talking about as I think you mean it as sourced in MLK's dream as appropriated by Stan Lee before Claremont...that dream isn't ever "to become irrelevant" or left sleeping.

And Krakoa has already been shown making love...not replication...love...love...closer to attainable...not possible to replicate.

Um, my og post is now a distant island of my intent..please scroll up to the bigger really big one if any of you are interested in rescuing me and it
    I read your big post and intended to react. And then you posted a smaller one…
    Do I remember what I wanted to say?

The motivations behind a comic are always the motivations of an author and what he says. Krakoa is a new world and questions should be asked by the characters as the author should ask them to the readers: is it what we wanted? Is safety worth the loss of liberty and individuality? What is Krakoa's goal? Are there even questions?
    At the end, you said that you loved the X-men… But what are exactly the X-men? These characters so different from an author to another… I can say I loved the X-men before, as persons who were lovable and questioned the society, saying "who am I for you?" and "I have my differences but can I be accepted for what I am?". These questions, they have always been mine.

I'm not sure they are still questions. Surviving, flourishing… what does it mean for a "character on paper"?
    Has Hickman done something more than "clever" schemes? He made "food for your thoughts", at least…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I read your big post and intended to react. And then you posted a smaller one…
    Do I remember what I wanted to say?

The motivations behind a comic are always the motivations of an author and what he says. Krakoa is a new world and questions should be asked by the characters as the author should ask them to the readers: is it what we wanted? Is safety worth the loss of liberty and individuality? What is Krakoa's goal? Are there even questions?
    At the end, you said that you loved the X-men… But what are exactly the X-men? These characters so different from an author to another… I can say I loved the X-men before, as persons who were lovable and questioned the society, saying "who am I for you?" and "I have my differences but can I be accepted for what I am?". These questions, they have always been mine.

I'm not sure they are still questions. Surviving, flourishing… what does it mean for a "character on paper"?
    Has Hickman done something more than "clever" schemes? He made "food for your thoughts", at least…
    people who are identified as mutants and said to have 'powers' that make them dangerous
    who, in development, are innately 'different' from their family and friends and familiar super hero tropes
    continuously naturally 'not' a part of any societal group which contextually gives them identity

unique individuals who...

do

unique things

with

what they got

for/against

others

mostly...

because maybe it's difficult inhabiting themselves with intentions...or answers

also, despite the assumed tendency for individuals who experience such orphaning from family and society to turn irrevocably inward or against conditions they may project as cause and justifiers for hate and violence...an X-Man enjoys adventuring and doing uncanny fantastic things and wearing cool clothes and using code names (usually in reference to their 'dangerous' unique talent/power/ability/extra-ordinary practiced and (like a profession which they never choose) trade...these X-Men (freaks, losers, orphans, maladjusted, wrong side of the tacks, nerds, fags, lesbos, weirdos, posers, punks, retards, bullies, bullied etc) do really great things...and fight incredibly bad bad guys...and bad ideas...and bad self images and bad writing and bad art...and still, and yet...

so...

"you call that HUMAN?"

is exactly the question a mutant asks and must be asked...
    and regardless of the answer...

fights for the question itself to preserve past the horrible acceptance that this world, this one that denies, that demands adventure and amazing things be extrapolated out of the immediate everyday into entailments that stand in with parables that speak in stark fictions of gods and guns and zombies and sentient islands...or a people who fight for a world that fears and hates them...with the very powers and bodies the world deems threat and alien and/or at times...god, gun, zombie...

?
    I don't know the answer.

but it stutters and repeats in question
    echolocating
    something...

am I, are they, is this...call...this...human?

How about the X-Men are
    the
    and they
    and I

UNCANNY.

Oh and to your questions about what Hickman is intending, what he might be up to, what his goals or character goals and aspirations are:

my answer is Yes
    Last edited by sungila; 12-24-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Jean looks phenomenal as a comic book character in her marvel girl costume. I prefer it any other costume. She looks cool, chic, and her mask can sometimes make her look feral and savage or mysterious and alluring... Like wolverine. I really hope her boring Phoenix or momjeans onesies NEVER return as her default because she looks like a model in her marvel girl get up, and if she gets returned to her momjeans default I hope Monet starts wearing the Marvel Girl costume but in red and black.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Jean looks phenomenal as a comic book character in her marvel girl costume. I prefer it any other costume. She looks cool, chic, and her mask can sometimes make her look feral and savage or mysterious and alluring... Like wolverine. I really hope her boring Phoenix or momjeans onesies NEVER return as her default because she looks like a model in her marvel girl get up, and if she gets returned to her momjeans default I hope Monet starts wearing the Marvel Girl costume but in red and black.
    Yes and yes and yes and vogue vogue vogue
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I hope they start drawing monet black again :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope they start drawing monet black again :/
    Now that's just not enough.

She has to be black and with Ev.

I need my power couple back.

I need them on their Monica and Adam shizz.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Now that's just not enough.

She has to be black and with Ev.

I need my power couple back.

I need them on their Monica and Adam shizz.
    lololll fair enough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I’m not against the XMen having nonmutant members.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Some of my favorite members of the X-Men are nonmutants. Like the Juggernaut.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler and Punisher need to fuck. And he would prolly catch feelins.

me neither. i like some variety. bit of spice

Dazzler and Punisher need to fuck. And he would prolly catch feelins.
    ok yes. dazzler needs more exposure period

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    me neither. i like some variety. bit of spice
    I just prefer it to be majority mutant.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

For a time the Maximoffs pre-retcon were the token mutant Avengers, followed by Beast for a triple threat. Which two non-mutant Marvel characters do you want answering the call "To me, my X-Men!" Follwed bya later third?

If this gets many replies I might spin this into a thread.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

You just need a cause. Being a mutant seems a sufficient cause lately. So why would non-mutant people join the X-men?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You just need a cause. Being a mutant seems a sufficient cause lately. So why would non-mutant people join the X-men?
    Because they support the cause and what they're fighting for?