Page 214 of 664 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 9959

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Thing is they're still hiding, just on an island out of the way from everyone else. That's why Krakoa feels like a non-solution to me. Its basically giving the racists what they want; for all the muties to go away and stay away from everyone else.

Now that we have My Hero Academia, X-men feel kind of redundant. My Hero Academia is basically the kind of world the X-men want. Almost everyone has a quirk/mutant power. Except that doesn't really solve anything. Most people still can't use their power whenever they want because it would be utter chaos, and the sheer differences in power between people just reinforces divisions and prejudice. Even in Krakoa that's the way the government bodies have been set up. All of the people in charge have useful superpowers, while the mundane animal people gather plants.
    I don’t think creating a nation and demanding the world recognize your sovereignty really counts as hiding. Huddled in a mansion that no one knows houses mutants sure, but Krakoa is definitely not hiding from anyone. They actively smuggle mutants out of countries that won’t let them leave freely. The mutants have basically forced the planet to accept them or lose out on the benefits that come with being their ally.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t think creating a nation and demanding the world recognize your sovereignty really counts as hiding. Huddled in a mansion that no one knows houses mutants sure, but Krakoa is definitely not hiding from anyone. They actively smuggle mutants out of countries that won’t let them leave freely. The mutants have basically forced the planet to accept them or lose out on the benefits that come with being their ally.
    Basically as in your face as it can get.

Don't like us? Kick rocks because we're gonna put portals all over your **** anyways.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

All of this, Krakoa was not a retreat from the world, its engagement on an international level.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Basically as in your face as it can get.

Don't like us? Kick rocks because we're gonna put portals all over your **** anyways.
    "And if you're actually sapiens-stupid enough to try and stop us, I'm gonna phase stuff into your brain-pans for shits and giggles. Don't worry since the artist will never depict you outright dying anyway; but the images will make for quality schlick material in my bunk later.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-27-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know you don't mean it but the more i see it integration just feels like a negative word to me. If i were a mutant i wouldn't want to have to hide, or integrate to make others feel some sort of way. If i could fly high i would want to be able to fly high. I may come back and interact but i would want to live somewhere where i could be my full mutant self and fly around and be free. Mutants will never get that freedom in the real world, they will never be able to fly around and flame on without some sort of consequence.
    If I could fly, sure, it would be fun to fly but once I performed some loopings and few Immelmanns… I wouldn't stay in the sky. Maybe I would find a passion in cooking and would want to study cooking with top chefs. How flying would help me with that? On the contrary, it would be more an hindrance: I need to be trusted and a member of the team.
    I certainly wouldn't want to be defined for all my life by something I haven't decided…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Fair point; maybe it wouldn't have to fall under the umbrella of like, the 'main-cause' then? Maybe it's branched off from those who want to either keep at the original dream of integration, or, maybe as part of like...a more concentrated effort at co-existence between mutant and human? Like, that's the group made up of mutants and allies who put a more concentrated effort into still fighting for mutant rights/acceptance in the human world, or, like, as part of a push-back response against the bigots who might try to oust mutants from the communities they've otherwise felt part of? (If that makes sense, the pain-meds are making my thoughts all fuzzy!) Like, it'd be the front that says "Hey! We can still get along and we will, and here's proof!"
    Total segregation can work and it has worked for some countries for many years. Krakoa is considered by some, in a way, as a metaphor for Israël but I'm thinking more about North Korea: no problem about territory and an homogeneous population. We don't like them, they don't like us, we can nuke them, they can nuke us but ultimately it works. North Korea has even a big ally, China.
    But North Koreans are not born around the world, all the time. It would be make sense that Krakoa isn't the dream place for every mutant.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "And if you're actually sapiens-stupid enough to try and stop us, I'm gonna phase stuff into your brain-pans for shits and giggles. Don't worry since the artist will never depict you outright dying anyway; but the images will make for quality schlick material in my bunk later.
    Sounds amazing.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

You were one of three posters I knew would reply positively to that tripe I wrote. I was simply afraid of getting another ban to include the full dialogue I crafted, about Kate putting on a Schutzstaffel uniform and snarking, "I'm not a Jew. Jews are a human concept."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Never mind
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-27-2019 at 06:50 AM. Reason: .....

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I certainly wouldn't want to be defined for all my life by something I haven't decided…
    You mean like race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethinicity, nationality, and socioeconomic status?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The ultimate irony is that your posts are much more offensive than the writing you’re so offended by.
    I'd think the guy trying to tell me "hating black people and hating nazis is the same" would be the worst this forum had to offer, but there's always someone trying to surpass them.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    You mean like race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethinicity, nationality, and socioeconomic status?
    You put everything on the same level? Some things are inescapable, others aren't.
    Sure, sometimes you bump into the wall of reality and sometimes, you don't allow yourself even to dream.
    So, no mutant top chef? What the mutants are, it's all about their powers? What a impoverishment compared to the old narrative…

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The ultimate irony is that your posts are much more offensive than the writing you’re so offended by.
    I didn't understand well Londo Bellian, still the situation of Kitty Pryde and Magneto is interesting: do they still consider themselves as Jews? You cannot forget who you are or who you were but you can say it has become irrelevant.

On an international political level, yes. On an everyday level, its not clear. Right now Krakoa feels like, to me, "the place where all the mutants are, or are trying to get too." Xavier and Magneto are forcing nations to recognize Krakoa as the home for mutants, but it largely means that mutants don't interact with non-mutants nearly as much as they used too. We've seen a lot of mutants on Krakoa be baffled at the idea of ever leaving, and Fallen Angels implies that mutants who do leave are looked at with suspicion. When I say that they're hiding, I mean that regular civilian mutants are now fleeing to Krakoa in droves, and are no longer apart of day-to-day lives for average humans.

Granted, I could be wrong. Or an upcoming issue to clarify that civilian mutants aren't really spending all of their time on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    On an international political level, yes. On an everyday level, its not clear. Right now Krakoa feels like, to me, "the place where all the mutants are, or are trying to get too." Xavier and Magneto are forcing nations to recognize Krakoa as the home for mutants, but it largely means that mutants don't interact with non-mutants nearly as much as they used too. We've seen a lot of mutants on Krakoa be baffled at the idea of ever leaving, and Fallen Angels implies that mutants who do leave are looked at with suspicion. When I say that they're hiding, I mean that regular civilian mutants are now fleeing to Krakoa in droves, and are no longer apart of day-to-day lives for average humans.

Granted, I could be wrong. Or an upcoming issue to clarify that civilian mutants aren't really spending all of their time on Krakoa.
    I mostly feel the term “hiding” isn’t applicable to the situation. Xavier literally told the whole planet “hey this is where we are now, you’re going to just have to deal with it now because we’re done asking for permission.”

Are the mutants more anti-social now? I can see a strong argument for that, but imo I think they are doing the exact opposite of hiding.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.