Page 215 of 663 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 9936
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I didn't understand well Londo Bellian, still the situation of Kitty Pryde and Magneto is interesting: do they still consider themselves as Jews? You cannot forget who you are or who you were but you can say it has become irrelevant.
    I think they don't, Mags not for decades, and Kitty/Kate not for years. Really, human religions might no longer have a place in Krakoa, where Mags seems to be proposing mutants worship only themselves and one another.

Kitty throwing away her daddy's faith as a silly sapiens notion would make sense given how she's driven to be so un-Kosher as can be in the Marauders.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I mentioned this before, but I want to emphasize this again as a controversial opinion:

The manga/anime series My Hero Academia has made the X-men feel redundant, at least in terms of story and appeal. Basically, the world of MHA is what the X-men and mutants want, but now that we already have an entire series about that having X-men/Marvel stories in that regard feels like they missed their chance at it.

For example, MHA has introduced plot points and concepts such as:
    How everyone having powers/weird bodies because of them would effect commerce
    The massive social upheaval of people with powers rapidly outnumbering the people without
    The chaos of people people with powers first appearing and using them in violent ways
    Discrimination between people with powers and without
    Discrimination between people with useful/cool powers and people with mundance/useless powers
    Discrimination against people with ugly/animal-looking powers
    The idea of the younger generations getting more and more powerful abilities as time goes on

There's no real reason Marvel couldn't tell these stories with X-men, besides requiring them to upend every other title in the comics universe. But even if they did, that story doesn't feel as unique or important anymore now that we already have a major series about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I mostly feel the term “hiding” isn’t applicable to the situation. Xavier literally told the whole planet “hey this is where we are now, you’re going to just have to deal with it now because we’re done asking for permission.”

Are the mutants more anti-social now? I can see a strong argument for that, but imo I think they are doing the exact opposite of hiding.
    Sounds like the kind of thing they could do a story about. Have a mutant still living outside of Krakoa go off on the New Mutants/Marauders/whoever and say "You really haven't changed much. All you've done is trade a mansion in for a private island." That kind of thing.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Sounds like the kind of thing they could do a story about. Have a mutant still living outside of Krakoa go off on the New Mutants/Marauders/whoever and say "You really haven't changed much. All you've done is trade a mansion in for a private island." That kind of thing.

Edit: sorry for the double post
    I seem to me that they were freer in the mansion than in Krakoa: now they must wear a costume, they must follow the Krakoan rules, they have to prove to be faithful followers in exchange of the security provided by the island…
    A wise man said that family is the place where you can be yourself, outside you must play a role. Now, they seem to play a role all the time…
    Sure, the island is bigger than the mansion. Maybe they have just changed the size of the aquarium.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

I seem to me that they were freer in the mansion than in Krakoa: now they must wear a costume, they must follow the Krakoan rules, they have to prove to be faithful followers in exchange of the security provided by the island…
    A wise man said that family is the place where you can be yourself, outside you must play a role. Now, they seem to play a role all the time…
    Sure, the island is bigger than the mansion. Maybe they have just changed the size of the aquarium.
    You just made a lot of stuff up. Sadly headcanon doesn’t count.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    You just made a lot of stuff up. Sadly headcanon doesn’t count.
    What does count?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

now they must wear a costume,

Er no Armor isn't in her costume. As shown above

they must follow the Krakoan rules,
    Yeah rules, they are called Laws each country has them. If you go some countries the middle east as woman you have to cover up. No country is perfect they all have laws they some people won't agree with it. American laws for example make that Guns are easily accessible even after crazy people do bad things with them. No country is perfect.

they have to prove to be faithful followers in exchange of the security provided by the island…
    I don't even know that this is supposed to mean. But Magneto knows Kwannon is "not a faithful follower" and she is still around.There is no where shown that proof of
    faith needed to be on Krakoa, this is your imagined scenario
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Pretty sure as it stands right now there are only three things you must do in Krakoa and none of them involve costumes, or being faithful followers.

I have to admit, I don't get this. Its one thing to dislike something, personal taste is always fair game and no one has to like something, but with DoX people keep making things up as a reason to complain. Nothing in your post ever appeared in a DoX comic. In fact most of your complaints are directly refuted by actual events in the comics. No one is forced to wear costumes (or anything as we saw in HoX). A vast number of people were brought in who are not "faithful followers", are already scheming, and people don't trust; Apocalypse, Shaw, Mystique, Sinister... and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Pretty sure as it stands right now there are only three things you must do in Krakoa and none of them involve costumes, or being faithful followers.

I have to admit, I don't get this. Its one thing to dislike something, personal taste is always fair game and no one has to like something, but with DoX people keep making things up as a reason to complain. Nothing in your post ever appeared in a DoX comic. In fact most of your complaints are directly refuted by actual events in the comics. No one is forced to wear costumes (or anything as we saw in HoX). A vast number of people were brought in who are not "faithful followers", are already scheming, and people don't trust; Apocalypse, Shaw, Mystique, Sinister... and so on.
    Ok, it's more a feeling, one day, there's nothing, and the next day, it's there, instead of being built, piece by piece, discussed… You just have to accept it. I suppose I stay on the doorstep.

Thats completely not true. There is no law that costumes must be worn and we've seen plenty of examples that contradict your statement

And Krakoa isnt simply a home; its a country. EVERY country has laws and security measures put in place. Thats what legitimizes it as a nation. They are estimating to grow the numbers to at least 16 million over the next decade. There has to be systems put in place so its not anarchy. Krakoa isnt supposed to be an oversize mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats completely not true. There is no law that costumes must be worn and we've seen plenty of examples that contradict your statement

And Krakoa isnt simply a home; its a country. EVERY country has laws and security measures put in place. Thats what legitimizes it as a nation. They are estimating to grow the numbers to at least 16 million over the next decade. There has to be systems put in place so its not anarchy. Krakoa isnt supposed to be an oversize mansion
    This should be like plastered onto the screens of every Krakoa detractor on the boards.

Stamp my screen, O Mighty Stamper.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Stamp my screen, O Mighty Stamper.
    Are you ready to accept the Island Krakoa as your one true Lord and savior?

No. I just want to see how much my natural ignorance will enable me to completely disregard that thing's existence even when it covers a good part of my screen. Isn't that brand meant for detractors of Krakoa? Well I detract the HoxPoxDox, and I do it willingly, even if the run takes as long as Slott!Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    No. I just want to see how much my natural ignorance will enable me to completely disregard that thing's existence even when it covers a good part of my screen. Isn't that brand meant for detractors of Krakoa? Well I detract the HoxPoxDox, and I do it willingly, even if the run takes as long as Slott!Spider-Man.
    I'll pray for you.