Page 216 of 669 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 10029
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

That's two critics of my online existence on this forum praying for me now. Thanks. It's a lonely existence, raging against the Krakoan status quo.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That's two critics of my online existence on this forum praying for me now. Thanks. It's a lonely existence, raging against the Krakoan status quo.
    Lonely… lonely… you're exaggerating a bit.
    True… my critics can be in bad faith because I'm not masochist enough to read more than the previews but this run sends me such bad vibes… It's a heartbreak.
    I try not to react… really. I will try harder.
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-30-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Lonely… lonely… you're exaggerating a bit.
    True… my critics can be in bad faith because I'm not masochist enough to read more than the previews but this run sends me such bad vibes… It's a heartbreak.
    I try not to react… really. I will try harder.
    Don't worry we still love you even if you're the weird cousin.

Dare we hope to hold you to that pledge? Some contemporaries here are particularly vicious against dissent and non-homogenized party lines.

Here's an unpopular opinion to put things back on track: That writer/artist/editor(?) who I heard dissed KITTY Pryde entering politics and reaching the Oval Office in "X-Men: The End" was talking bunk. I would have liked that notion tried on 616 with Kitty getting a political career going, BEFORE mutantkind began going KRAKOA FOREVER and "Hurry up and breed yourselves out already, filthy FLATSCAN Mon-Keighs!"

"PRYDE: The Making of a Mutant American President"

Instead I suffer through "I don't care if I didn't see them depicted dying, SHE KILLED THEM" Captain KATE the shadow-faced.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-30-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I don't want anymore women to 'go bad' in the tired traditional comic book way. At least in the X-men. The trope is really over. There are so many kinds of status quo changes that diametrically opposed perhaps the X brand that should be explored that the women can afford to bear the brunt of as they explore their deeper, varied personalities annnnnnd I wanna see that expressed in the books and in their redesigns.

Like, yknow what? Monet could maybe go through a challenging Noir phase where she starts hanging out with the Mastermind sisters, gets really into Apocalypse philosophy, starts dressing in ethnic garb and wearing her hair in meticulous braids.

Dazzler should maybe just get very very worryingly weeeeeeird. Mirror masks. Nightmarish weaponize femininity. Noise sets.

A slovenly depression might overcome Pixie to the point where she's got zero fucks to give and hasn't bathed in ages.

Anarchist Armor

Selene - lovable grandmotherly big bad wolf

That kinda thing.

No. I just want to see how much my natural ignorance will enable me to completely disregard that thing's existence even when it covers a good part of my screen. Isn't that brand meant for detractors of Krakoa? Well I detract the HoxPoxDox, and I do it willingly, even if the run takes as long as Slott!Spider-Man.
    Krakoa as long as Slottspider-man? too much negativity

I relaly don't think it will outlast Hickman ternure on the book by tha tmuch

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    So why would non-mutant people join the X-men?
    Because they either agree ideologically or have a common enemy.

There was a time when Kurt floated the idea that anybody could join the X-Men even if he (or she) weren't a mutant.

NOT. ANYMORE.

BANNED

There was a time when Kurt floated the idea that anybody could join the X-Men even if he (or she) weren't a mutant.

NOT. ANYMORE.
    That was when he was an overly romantic manchild obsessed with Errol Flynn. He knows better now.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    That was when he was an overly romantic manchild obsessed with Errol Flynn. He knows better now.
    But, but, I liked our overly romantic manchild. I didn’t want him to grow up. Pouts.
    I miss him.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I prefer to have just 3 Cuckoos instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    SAME.

lol too bad the ship has sailed

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Especially since one of them was totally evil to the point that the other recently helped X-23 kill her and prevent her from coming back to life

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Especially since one of them was totally evil to the point that the other recently helped X-23 kill her and prevent her from coming back to life
    So they are 4?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

-Krakoa is a sex cult
    -Scott would be the top in a hypothetical Scogan pairing
    -Jean Grey's X-men Red costume looks good