Page 217 of 664 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 9959
    BANNED

I dunno if this is controversial, but eh:

I feel like, for as great a leader as Scott is, he's very easily lead. Or maybe manipulated is the better word.

Like I could easily picture him going out for a stroll and come back having joined four (other) cults inadvertently.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    So they are 4?
    No, still five now. That particular arc happened BEFORE Krakoa and the HoxPoxDox, though I couldn't read its conclusion.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I dunno if this is controversial, but eh:

I feel like, for as great a leader as Scott is, he's very easily lead. Or maybe manipulated is the better word.

Like I could easily picture him going out for a stroll and come back having joined four (other) cults inadvertently.
    The disavantage of being an orphan growing up in a orphanage: he is happy when someone is interested by him.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

The disavantage of being an orphan growing up in a orphanage: he is happy when someone is interested by him.
    Yeah, I can see that; he really is a people-pleaser at heart, if only because of the crippling fear of being unloved and abandoned. Like that really, really is a fascinating aspect to Scott that I wish would get delved into a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, I can see that; he really is a people-pleaser at heart, if only because of the crippling fear of being unloved and abandoned. Like that really, really is a fascinating aspect to Scott that I wish would get delved into a bit more!
    There is this fanfiction that I find interesting on this subject: https://archiveofourown.org/works/19...full_work=true

Edit: Ok, maybe not quite on this subject… still it's young Scott and the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Zelena; 01-01-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So they are 4?
    At the time of that arc, there were 3. They tried to clone bodies for the dead 2 to possess, but they burned out. The evil sister wanted to possess Gabby or Laura, and the other dead clone instead briefly possessed Laura in order to explain what was going on, and explicitly said her other sister was straight up evil and needed to die. She was manipulating and abusing the other Cuckoos into this scheme, and they all worked together to banish the evil one to hell. The other dead Cuckoo moved on in peace.

Now they're all back and acting as one unit, when they really, really shouldn't be.

Scott has always been an easy mark. He's spent his adult life surrounded by the most powerful telepaths in the world who have all manipulated him, with and without their powers, into being a blindly loyal, fanatic attack dog. Its a miracle the guy has any free will at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Now they're all back and acting as one unit, when they really, really shouldn't be.
    Honestly, this sums up the ENTIRE KRAKOA SITUATION and why I think it's just a stupid development. I mean just WHY are they working with Apocalypse and Sinister? Ugh!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, this sums up the ENTIRE KRAKOA SITUATION and why I think it's just a stupid development. I mean just WHY are they working with Apocalypse and Sinister? Ugh!
    Thankyou!! I feel like some of these characters need to do a bit more to start earning the trust these newfound positions would entail! (And the talk I've seen Apocalypse does not endear me to him.)

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

x1.jpg
    Because it allows them to resurrect over 16 million murdered mutants
    Because the Morlocks had to hide in sewers or face humanity at its worst, in Krakoa they can (literally) dance in the sun.
    Because they were convinced before the villains came to Krakoa
    Because just about every government in the world has been involved in Sentinel production or purchase
    Because everyone in the world stood by while sentinels ravaged Genosha
    Because every government in the world stood by while a toxic cloud killed mutants in the thousands
    Because as soon as the X-Men were percieved to be gone the US government tried to mandate forced 'curing' of mutants
    Because where else are they going to go?
    Most importantly because so far they haven't been given a reason not to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    But, but, I liked our overly romantic manchild. I didn’t want him to grow up. Pouts.
    I miss him.
    Me too

/10char

WHY are they working with Sinister? Ugh!

To get betrayed again. X-men always making their own failure

Because of the resurrection? So it doesn't matter any of the times these guys killed thousands, including members of the X-men, waged wars, tortured people, raped people, etc.? Because a couple of them are useful to mutantkind now, they should get a pass? Some even did very personal terrible things to the X-men, and they all collectively just decided to forgive them?

Do any of the people who aren't mutants get brought back to life? Any of the people killed, tortured, had their lives ruined, by these guys get any kind of justice? That is what people on this board are upset about. Have any of them even apologized to the X-men that they screwed over or killed?

The world is super racist, therefore the people who are victims of racism shouldn't have to face consequences for any crimes they've committed, no matter how big or small. Not a single hero besides Wolverine is upset with this. the villains get a total free pass on everything, just with the expectation that they'll play nice with the other mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Because of the resurrection? So it doesn't matter any of the times these guys killed thousands, including members of the X-men, waged wars, tortured people, raped people, etc.? Because a couple of them are useful to mutantkind now, they should get a pass? Some even did very personal terrible things to the X-men, and they all collectively just decided to forgive them?

Do any of the people who aren't mutants get brought back to life? Any of the people killed, tortured, had their lives ruined, by these guys get any kind of justice? That is what people on this board are upset about. Have any of them even apologized to the X-men that they screwed over or killed?

The world is super racist, therefore the people who are victims of racism shouldn't have to face consequences for any crimes they've committed, no matter how big or small. Not a single hero besides Wolverine is upset with this. the villains get a total free pass on everything, just with the expectation that they'll play nice with the other mutants.
    Anyone who has been reading the titles can tell you that this is actually not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    To get betrayed again. X-men always making their own failure
    Between the Great Captains, Hellfire Trading Company, Quiet Council, X-Force CIA, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, Sleeping Giant, and The Five, this status quo isn’t even mainly about the X-Men.