Page 222 of 669 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 10029

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    You'd think so, but so far the closest we had to anyone wanting to discuss it was in New Mutants and, even then, the writer basically hand-waved it away by having the canonically extremely religious character wave it off because she was (to paraphrase) "Just so happy right now."

It's...frustrating. And feels far too convenient, not to mention lazy. I've always said; if you believe strongly enough in what you're writing, then you won't be afraid to challenge it or have it challenged in narrative.
    There is too little challenging going on. Fallen Angels is th emost of it but it is hidden on the shadows and now is cancelled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is too little challenging going on. Fallen Angels is th emost of it but it is hidden on the shadows and now is cancelled
    Agreed. I'm still so bitter, too, that Hill wasn't more far-seeing in what his schedule would allow...and even more so that it's just getting outright cancelled rather than continued under a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't remember the inhumans actively seeking trade with other countries, trying to develop their economy, actually getting involved in politics in the 616 universe and whatnot. I do remember that the closest they got involved in politics was trying to gain allies in case a war with the X-Men broke out and they needed the upper hand. For the most part, they were indeed isolated but their stories ranged from subjects related to the Kree or progenitors, the whole terrigen problem and, before that, they were indeed isolated and wanted nothing to do with the rest of the world.

I understand having criticisms against the status quo. But there's a bit of a difference between dislike for something and being so blind that you start seeing things for what you want them to be and not what they are.

Hopefully, there's a lesson to be learned there.
    It was more of a joke. :x

Agreed. I'm still so bitter, too, that Hill wasn't more far-seeing in what his schedule would allow...and even more so that it's just getting outright cancelled rather than continued under a new writer.
    I would love a mariko tamaki or Majorie Liu to continue the Kwannon story sans laur aand cable, with Hisk and bling.
    Also other artist, because kudranski art s awful

Yeah, but it’s still very early in DoX. They’re still building things like with X-Men #5 or whatever.

I don’t have a problem with Krakoa, but I’m also not really that interested in it either, mainly because I think it’ll be more fun when it inevitably blows up in their faces. I wanna read about Krakoa’s fall more than their rise. I’m more impatient than anything else. I think Sabertooth is gonna be their downfall, or a couple of other things. It’s fun to speculate!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, but it’s still very early in DoX. They’re still building things like with X-Men #5 or whatever.

I don’t have a problem with Krakoa, but I’m also not really that interested in it either, mainly because I think it’ll be more fun when it inevitably blows up in their faces. I wanna read about Krakoa’s fall more than their rise. I’m more impatient than anything else. I think Sabertooth is gonna be their downfall, or a couple of other things. It’s fun to speculate!
    This is a unpopular opinion.
    I want to see them, specially Xavier and magneto get a humility lesson.

This is a unpopular opinion.
    I want to see them, specially Xavier and magneto get a humility lesson.
    Lol, it kinda sounds like I’m anti-Krakoa, but I’m not! Overall, I think this is a cool status quo, but the X-Men living happily has never interested me. Them trying to survive the sky falling is fun, so I’m looking forward to the fall of Krakoa.

You'd think so, but so far the closest we had to anyone wanting to discuss it was in New Mutants and, even then, the writer basically hand-waved it away by having the canonically extremely religious character wave it off because she was (to paraphrase) "Just so happy right now."

It's...frustrating. And feels far too convenient, not to mention lazy. I've always said; if you believe strongly enough in what you're writing, then you won't be afraid to challenge it or have it challenged in narrative.
    It doesn't help that the only examples of 'happiness' we've seen are parties. We haven't seen a single scene of people reuniting with loved ones, or showing how they are living differently then how they used too. A lot of 'we can be free here', but we really haven't seen them behave any differently than they were before. Its what makes the happiness feel so hollow and false. You can't even say they're safer than they used to be, because of how many times the nation has come under attack in the month or so its existed.

I'm with some of the others. I'm more interested in watching Krakoa burn than I am watching it exist. Its like a nation version of that planet from James Cameron's Avatar. A perfect, magic paradise where everything is provided for them and the leaders are lecturing everyone else for their faults. Blech.

If it had been Cyclops, Jean and Logan deciding to build a nation after the shitshow that was Uncanny and Age of X-man, I would be interested. But because Hickman is writing this as being led by Moira, Xavier, Apocalypse and Magneto, I'm holding my breath for the moment they get their smug faces shoved in.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Re: Marauders Am I supposed to believe this little thing in a pony tail as small as she is and even smaller looking than when she first joined the X-Men is being called Kate, let alone leader? After they just chopped off her hair and bulked up her body? I would never name my team after the villains that tried to kill me (and the guy in my avatar, and Piotr) and slaughtered mutant children and old ladies which many remaining Morlocks consider what happened to them genocide no matter the explanation cool name or not. The irony is that Kitty's team is seeking out mutants to rescue while Scalphunter and the others were tracking down mutants to slaughter. God Marvel. Stop re-using names it makes the X-Men look funny. It's even worse that this was a villain team. I'm prepared to get clobbered because I noticed criticizing current books seems to be taboo. A few years ago just a book named Marauders alone would have gotten at least a page of eye rolls. Does this make me negative? And this is from a person who liked Morrisons X-Men, Whedons X-Men and used to love the next generation Mercury, Dust, Hellion etc book and bought it every month with joy and I cant say the same for many people on here. I even supported District X which was another great book and I was one of a handful that got it. I just think too many writers after the Whedon era are trying to be artsy fartsy and wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones that started calling comics "graphic novels" And whats with all the swearing with this --> @$#! everywhere these days? This isn't Tarantino!

P.S. I even liked Lobdells (reaaallly not popular) and Nicezas runs too for the most part and I started with Claremont back in the 80s. So in other words it takes a lot to get me like this. I'm going to end this by saying something that will really get me killed. Aarons Amazing X-Men was the last and only real Marvel superhero comic to be produced in over a decade. A little too much squeezing indy stories into superhero land. Like the above mentioned cursing everywhere. And before I get slaughtered I actually have read and enjoyed indy comics. I just don't think it mixes with superheros well unless you are the type of talented writer who can alter his/er style to fit the book. Remember those?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.

But why though?

I'll never understand this mindset.

the X-Men living happily has never interested me. Them trying to survive the sky falling is fun, so I’m looking forward to the fall of Krakoa.
    How can you still find it fun when it has been done non-stop for the last two decades?... Even if/when Krakoa falls, there should be no more extinction plots/status quos. Like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    How can you still find it fun when it has been done non-stop for the last two decades?... Even if/when Krakoa falls, there should be no more extinction plots/status quos. Like, ever.
    Conveniently, my limit is four decades.

It is shame they don't have whole book dedicated to concept of resurrection. Oh yeah that right they do

Hickman
    "Now, if you want to make the argument that recovering your soul is a lot like William Gibson’s explanation for jet lag (souls don’t travel at the same speed as planes so jet lag is just your body waiting for the soul to catch up), and it’s just floating around waiting to reattach itself to it’s rightful reanimated host, also cool.'

"But if that’s the case then what about duplicate copies, which one gets the soul? I dunno, that sounds like a story to me, but that’s also why they’re not allowing copies of characters on Krakoa. But what if there’s a mistake and you think someone’s dead, but make a copy anyway? Well, again, that sounds like a story… and we even have a series built around resurrection problems coming out next year."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Re: Marauders Am I supposed to believe this little thing in a pony tail as small as she is and even smaller looking than when she first joined the X-Men is being called Kate, let alone leader?
    Totally with you on all of your reply, but this stuck out to me the most right now, because I want to chip in with:

Kitty's been a much better and competent leader in the past.

What's really turned me off of Marauders is the amount of posturing that the writer seems to rely on; it strikes me less as any sort of step-up and more of a...well...kind of 'show-boating' (haha...ehh...)

Like, I've seen Kitty approach leadership much better: much more strategically, for example, even with the world falling around her ears. If she feels alone or abandoned, her first instinct isn't to just turn to the drink and say 'to hell with it'--she's a character who's much more emotionally intelligent than that, much more complex than that even!

I mean, the Kitty we saw from Claremont to Gold is...just completely different from 'Kate' and not organically so. The only similarity they have is fondly referring to Lockheed as "dragon."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is shame they don't have whole book dedicated to concept of resurrection. Oh yeah that right they do

Hickman
    Which doesn't actually strike me as the same thing as showing internal conflict around resurrection. That just sounds like a book dedicated to the broader mechanics of the process.

Either way, that also doesn't excuse the blatant waving-off that was exhibited in Marauders for the sake of making everything seem all rosy and great. It's lazy, actually.