Page 236 of 668 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 10014
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm kind of thankful to be honest, the relationship drama has long since played out and usually was the worst thing in the books. I like having Jean, Logan and Scott without the specter of that damned love triangle hanging over it. The same more or less holds true for most of the X-Men romances. I'd much rather see them play up the friendships and bro-mances right now
    This, exactatiously!
    Which brings me to my Unpopular Opinion #702:

The X-Relationships were so much gawd-awful, tedious melodrama...that basically started out of nowhere, did nothing for either party involved, then just ended for seemingly no apparent, sensible reason.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-06-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Lol! There was more sex and romance in Age of X-Man than this. Come on! Politics isn't sexy, Xavier. Enough with that stuff!

I'm looking for Moira to get with Wolverine. I really liked that he's been with her throughout a few of her lives; kinda romantic. There can be something there if a writer wanted there to be.

And a guest appearance of Conan the Barbarian in Krakoa—he could get the thoughts going!
    Seems like prohibiton of sex have the complete opposite effect desired LOL, more even than incentivating sex. Sexual education have a better result than abstinence.

I think this i spart of my critics about Krakoa, how there is shallow hype and not really delivering it.

I really think there is a big chance of Moira going behind Magneto and Charles with Wolverine to execute her secret plan. Seemed very romantic stay together for 1000 years
    I read the "thongs" going haha

BANNED

Give me the sex and the politics.

Unpopular opinion? The they're all in relationships with each other stuff is high cornyness. Make decisions, cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Give me the sex and the politics.

Unpopular opinion? The they're all in relationships with each other stuff is high cornyness. Make decisions, cowards.
    They are never going to give us anything solid about a polyamourous or threeway relationship going on in Krakoa. That's a serious and interesting topic, but its being reduced to jokes and snide comments. I'd kill to see them sit down and talk through their problems and get to that kind of relationship. Its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I really think there is a big chance of Moira going behind Magneto and Charles with Wolverine to execute her secret plan. Seemed very romantic stay together for 1000 years
    That's what I'm saying! I really like the idea of this, not only from a shipping and romantic point, but also from a plot and narrative point, too.

It plays into Moira gaining control over their situation in two ways. First, they're really stepping all over her. They're nothing without her, and she's stuck in a damn hole while they ignore her warnings and run around Krakoa like they're hot shit. Getting Wolverine on her side brings her back into control.

Also, sleeping with Wolverine is an "lol, up yours" move for both of them since she was with them both at one point in her lives (right? She was with Magneto?). It works!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I read the "thongs" going haha
    That works, too!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-06-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Personally I view this as a conversation and I love debates so its easy for me to get drawn in. Its not personal and I've got no problem with people disagreeing with me (doesn't mean I'm going to give up arguing though, as I said I enjoy debate too much.) I've also got no problem with criticism of things that occur in the books. The thing that keep pulling me to a lot of these threads is how frequently some, not all, of the critics keep throwing in opinions as fact and assumptions as evidence. (sometimes things that never showed up in the comic at all)

As an example there are some who insist that Xavier and Moira knew everything that was going to happen to people and kept it quiet. This is specifically and directly refuted in the very issue where Moira begins detailing her many lives, but one text-less montage image from an alternate lifetime is somehow proof that Xavier is now the worst person he's ever been (Or that not knowing everything invalidates Moira's X lifetimes of experience). Another that has shown up is that there is something wrong with the Krakoan drugs and part of some Krakoan plot to speed up the emergence of mutants. Something not even remotely hinted at in the story but used as part of the arguments against the current run.

This I think is part of the reason defenders of the current run come across sometimes as combative. Its been happening since HoX #1, some people who don't like the run clutter the threads and boards with wild theories and indictments based off of speculative information at best. In Marauders Kate has become a drunken murderess killing with pillows, that in-spite of what was said on page and that its a method used many times in the past the resurrections aren't real, their clones, That Xavier has completely abandoned his dream, that Moira convinced Xavier to kill himself during the P5 conflict, A whole lot of Emma/Jean nonsense I'm not even going to try and unpack, That Jean using her Marvel Girl costume meant that Xavier was using a younger version... and so on... and so on.
    Hi. You can just say my name or respond to me when I post these things.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They are never going to give us anything solid about a polyamourous or threeway relationship going on in Krakoa. That's a serious and interesting topic, but its being reduced to jokes and snide comments. I'd kill to see them sit down and talk through their problems and get to that kind of relationship. Its not going to happen.
    And that is good, that it won't happen. I don't care for most characters if they are into it, but Jean is off limits specially the way Hickman handle her.
    I also think it breaks the way to tell stories
    Anyway the jokes are bad

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    "Stories yet to be told" is a stupid cop out by someone who shouldn't have the job they do.
    Claremont seeded his issues with sub-plots/stories to be told that literally took years to resolve. So...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Hi. You can just say my name or respond to me when I post these things.
    I do respond to you, each time. However you're not the only one, nor even the first one to posit those arguments. I was having the same disagreement with another poster over Moira's previous lives/montage back when "The many lives of Moira X" came out. Also I don't want to single you or anyone else out, I'm a debater I'm trying not to be a dick. I used those examples just because I responded to them today.

I do respond to you, each time. However you're not the only one, nor even the first one to posit those arguments. I was having the same disagreement with another poster over Moira's previous lives/montage back when "The many lives of Moira X" came out. Also I don't want to single you or anyone else out, I'm a debater I'm trying not to be a dick. I used those examples just because I responded to them today.
    I think its a fair criticism of Moira's lives. Especially since I see a lot of people saying she's all knowing and the like. But dissecting the uber complicated Moira thing might be better in another topic.

BANNED

Unpop: If we're talking about Jean, Logan, Emma, and Scott, being all together it shouldn't happen. Emma and Jean going out for drinks like BFFs is kind of a long stretch as it is, if stories from before Hickman are still canon.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I think its a fair criticism of Moira's lives. Especially since I see a lot of people saying she's all knowing and the like. But dissecting the uber complicated Moira thing might be better in another topic.
    For what its worth I would also argue just as tenaciously against the idea of all knowing Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Unpop: If we're talking about Jean, Logan, Emma, and Scott, being all together it shouldn't happen. Emma and Jean going out for drinks like BFFs is kind of a long stretch as it is, if stories from before Hickman are still canon.
    The last time we saw them before Krakoa, Emma was stomping away sulking because Scott is clearly choosing Jean after Emma's whole 'mind control the planet' scheme got undone. That's not even getting into their long, messed up history. I could see Wolverine with the two of them though

BANNED

Personally I view this as a conversation and I love debates so its easy for me to get drawn in. Its not personal and I've got no problem with people disagreeing with me (doesn't mean I'm going to give up arguing though, as I said I enjoy debate too much.) I've also got no problem with criticism of things that occur in the books. The thing that keep pulling me to a lot of these threads is how frequently some, not all, of the critics keep throwing in opinions as fact and assumptions as evidence. (sometimes things that never showed up in the comic at all)

As an example there are some who insist that Xavier and Moira knew everything that was going to happen to people and kept it quiet. This is specifically and directly refuted in the very issue where Moira begins detailing her many lives, but one text-less montage image from an alternate lifetime is somehow proof that Xavier is now the worst person he's ever been (Or that not knowing everything invalidates Moira's X lifetimes of experience). Another that has shown up is that there is something wrong with the Krakoan drugs and part of some Krakoan plot to speed up the emergence of mutants. Something not even remotely hinted at in the story but used as part of the arguments against the current run.

This I think is part of the reason defenders of the current run come across sometimes as combative. Its been happening since HoX #1, some people who don't like the run clutter the threads and boards with wild theories and indictments based off of speculative information at best. In Marauders Kate has become a drunken murderess killing with pillows, that in-spite of what was said on page and that its a method used many times in the past the resurrections aren't real, their clones, That Xavier has completely abandoned his dream, that Moira convinced Xavier to kill himself during the P5 conflict, A whole lot of Emma/Jean nonsense I'm not even going to try and unpack, That Jean using her Marvel Girl costume meant that Xavier was using a younger version... and so on... and so on.
    Speculation and guessing at where stories are going has always been part of the medium. Ya'll don't have to take opinions you don't agree with, some of which are not even inherently bad opinions, personally.

Take the resurrections for example. They literally are clones. That's what we have been literally told in the stories. Duplicated memories are uploaded into new bodies. They are making a copy of the essence of the person they want to bring back, not taking the original essence. Accidental duplication has already been said to be a potential problem they are conscious of within the comics. Being mad that somebody calls them clones is silly.

Being mad about anything anyone says about the comics is silly. There is no mandate that everyone agree. Enjoy it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Claremont seeded his issues with sub-plots/stories to be told that literally took years to resolve. So...
    But he established those seeds fairly clearly; they weren't resolved all in one, but we knew they were coming in narrative because the set-up was explicitly there even if it was played out later. Hickman doesn't often do this. He just mentions something in a data-page and considers it done; hardly part of the story.