Page 244 of 657 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 9846

Its always on the 'good guys' like Storm to forgive the people who hurt them, like Emma. It never seems to be the bad guys/abusers/manipulators/etc. having to apologize and make amends. There are times when there are bigger fish to fry. But it feels wrong that the heroes are always the ones who have to put aside their traumas to work with people who hurt them, and the people who hurt them don't even have to give a token apology.

Has Emma ever apologized for anything between IvX and now? Including X men Blue, Black, or Uncanny?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its always on the 'good guys' like Storm to forgive the people who hurt them, like Emma. It never seems to be the bad guys/abusers/manipulators/etc. having to apologize and make amends. There are times when there are bigger fish to fry. But it feels wrong that the heroes are always the ones who have to put aside their traumas to work with people who hurt them, and the people who hurt them don't even have to give a token apology.

Has Emma ever apologized for anything between IvX and now? Including X men Blue, Black, or Uncanny?
    Which is especially interesting seeing as these same types of fans don't want mutants to reach out with the same kind of compassion to their human abusers. Human or mutant, it's the same: if you can't forgive someone then you just can't forgive them, no explanation necessary.

OK, here's an actual unpopular opinion: Krakoa is super gross to look at. Flower and tree utopias are pretty common in fiction, but the plants and plant rooms of Krakoa just look gross to me. Everything looks gnarled and twisted, like trees with growths and tumors. You can make plant equipment and junk look cool, but a lot of the Krakoa stuff looks like its made of mud, or other, more gross things.

BANNED

OK, here's an actual unpopular opinion: Krakoa is super gross to look at. Flower and tree utopias are pretty common in fiction, but the plants and plant rooms of Krakoa just look gross to me. Everything looks gnarled and twisted, like trees with growths and tumors. You can make plant equipment and junk look cool, but a lot of the Krakoa stuff looks like its made of mud, or other, more gross things.
    I gotta agree with ya there. Only, it's not so much 'gross' to me as it is just unsettling and really, really claustrophobic? The open spaces feel so crowded somehow (not with people, that is, with detail) and there's something just...off and sickly about it? I think it might be the colour palette? I'm really not seeing any warmth there; somehow what should be a whimsical, homey space seems...really clinical to me?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I get that with X Force, but the Hox/Pox Krakoa seemed much cleaner, prettier.
    This is deliberate, I suspect.

I grew up on golf courses and going to public parks. I've seen sick trees and trees with tumors and fungal growths. That what Krakoa makes me think of. Something rotted and diseases. It could just be choice of color pallets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I get that with X Force, but the Hox/Pox Krakoa seemed much cleaner, prettier.
    This is deliberate, I suspect.
    I don't see it to be honest? But then, that could just be the colour scheme. Or my aversion to the actual shade of yellow they're using for the sky? It's the one I always associate with bad anxiety attacks for some reason...?

BANNED

Edit: The bad-faith argument that character development/changes must necessarily happen off-panel because...reasons is only slightly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

I felt the same way when some writer had STORM, longstanding member of the X-men, former leader, and literal family member of the X-men begging Emma if she could return to service within their ranks!
    Yikes! When did this happen?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-08-2020 at 06:36 PM.

I hate the red eyes or whatever those are supposed to be. Its very horrifying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Edit: The bad-faith argument that character development/changes must necessarily happen off-panel because...reasons is only slightly amusing.
    Know the feeling. Important developments and changes need to be experienced and shown first-hand in order to be taken as genuine. It's not enough to be 'told' and, actually, feels a bit contrived and lazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate the red eyes or whatever those are supposed to be. Its very horrifying

I winced at seeing that weird branch in Piotr's hand acting as a drip. Like...ow? No wonder he looked pissed!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Know the feeling. Important developments and changes need to be experienced and shown first-hand in order to be taken as genuine. It's not enough to be 'told' and, actually, feels a bit contrived and lazy.
    Contrived is exactly how I would describe the Jean and Emma scene from X-Men. I was waiting on one of them to say "yaaaas bitch" as I was reading it. So forced.

For some reason that picture won't display for me.

Imagine it was two guys doing that 'something borrowed' line from X-men. That's how awkward that talk between Emma and Jean was for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Contrived is exactly how I would describe the Jean and Emma scene from X-Men. I was waiting on one of them to say "yaaaas bitch" as I was reading it. So forced.
    Most of what's going on feels forced to be honest.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Most of what's going on feels forced to be honest.
    and rushed.
    Some of these characters haven't seen each other for more than a decade and everything went off panel, no reunions, no talks, not anything, everybody acted like nothing.
    For example Cyclops and Xavier's relationship was on a very complicated place and Cyclops possessed by the Phoenix accidentally killed Xavier. They shouldn't be enemies but they should talk and reconcile. Instead everything was handwaved.
    And that happened with many other characters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-09-2020 at 07:07 AM.