Page 250 of 655 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 9824
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't like this Magneto: he shows that he cares and keeps killing people like they were flies.
    I think it's in Magneto's DNA to bear a significant degree of duality, but when it's so blunt and tedious it eventually becomes cringeworthy. Beside Claremont and Carey I still haven't seen a writer that can deal with that elegantly. I think in this case Hickman is just Bunn 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I tip my hat off to you, Astroman.
    Your educational and thouroughly enlightening points really underscores the reason why I will never try to emotionally equate the X-World with the Real-World. Because when you do...it doesn't make a lick of sense. And to hold fast to non-sensical things as if they were living truths is like turning right at Bonkers Station onto Insanity Road leading straight to Crazy Town.
    Thanks!

It also gets back to the point that some educators make that people these days are "metaphorically challenged." They want things to literally equate to each other. Playing a little looser with the way one holds the themes and execution of those themes in a funny book (especially the sociopolitical) might allow for better and more meaningful readings for people without as much frustration of cognitive dissonance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, when they started pumping out mutant children of mutant parents with the exact same powers (Theresa Cassidy, Lorna Dane, Rachel Grey, Angel & Beak's kids), it was like, 'Wait, the definition of mutant is different from your parents... These aren't mutants, they are *entirely new sub-species.* Homo flying sonic screamus. Homo magneticus. Homo redhead telepath/telekineticus. Homo creepy bug-kidicus.'

Still, science and comic books, not a great fit. God only knows what happens to your stomach/intestinal/bladder contents when you transform into energy, or shapeshift, or change size, or become intangible... *Sploosh!* "Ooh, my now empty bladder/intestines/stomach/semicircular canals just imploded. Excuse me while I curl up and die in misery."
    Exactly. While it is more apparent in the X-Books (because of the political implications of the source of their powers) it's just as much a problem with all the other "Radiation was the origin" stories. Spiderman, Daredevil, The Hulk, etc... all of that follows a COMPLETELY separate set of laws of physics than our world does. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    ^Hes right you know.

If I see one more " Is Krakoa a cult!?" thread, I may go gray.
    It just reinforces my misanthropic tendencies as I think, "People are either incredibly ignorant (about real life cults or what's printed on the page) or they are passive aggressively trying to get people to jump on their bandwagon of hate for the new direction - if they say the same thing over and over maybe reality will conform."

With the announcement of X-Factor, and whatever book Ayala is getting (maybe X-Corp?) there may be too many X-Books

X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    X-Factor
    Cable
    Wolverine
    Ayala's book

And then there's minis like the Giant Size X-men oneshots or X-Men/FF

That is a lot

Marvel? Flooding the market and ruining a good thing they have going in the process? Shock and surprise.

In all seriousness it is a bit of a problem. How many books make up the entire Marvel line? Assuming Marauders, Excalibur and New Mutants don't end around 12 issues, how much of their line will be X books?

And aren't there supposed to be 2 more Giant Size one shots coming that haven't had their characters announced?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Marvel? Flooding the market and ruining a good thing they have going in the process? Shock and surprise.

In all seriousness it is a bit of a problem. How many books make up the entire Marvel line? Assuming Marauders, Excalibur and New Mutants don't end around 12 issues, how much of their line will be X books?

And aren't there supposed to be 2 more Giant Size one shots coming that haven't had their characters announced?
    we know about emma/jean, Magneto. there still 3 more to announce.

Of course they gonna milk hoxpox to the end. The problem is keeping the quality

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    With the announcement of X-Factor, and whatever book Ayala is getting (maybe X-Corp?) there may be too many X-Books

X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    X-Factor
    Cable
    Wolverine
    Ayala's book

And then there's minis like the Giant Size X-men oneshots or X-Men/FF

That is a lot
    And as many consumers have done before you, since Shopping Immemorial...you are never mandated to buy ALL of them, just the ones that interest you. The great thing about having options? There's at least one book for everyone.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

I feel like we don't need and the market in general won't care for Cable and Hellions.

Actually, we just had a Cable solo like 2 years ago.

X-Factor may not sell either, but at least it looks interesting, unlike Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I feel like we don't need and the market in general won't care for Cable and Hellions.

Actually, we just had a Cable solo like 2 years ago.

X-Factor may not sell either, but at least it looks interesting, unlike Cable.
    Yeah, WiFi is just not interesting to me at all, but it might appeal to new readers or the market in general(comics, boys, and guns from the future are all pretty well acquainted). Hellions does look like a mess, but some people love this sarcastic Sinister, and Havok has his appeal, as does the still new and shiny Kwannon. I do agree, though, that those two books could be either otherwise utilized or just not be a thing, but I also see where Marvel is going with those angles of approach.

X-Factor is a pretty big gamble, but if all the queers and Rachel and Polaris fans team up, maybe they can keep the book afloat.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think Hellions and Cable will probably only last 6 issues. I doubt they will tank hard enough to get cancelled sooner. Hellion might, but who knows. I just don't see anyone excited about Kid Cable, only some interests in the creative team.

X Factor has it being the big book on the resurrections that they've been hyping for the past couple months, and hopefully being super gay. So it could do well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, WiFi is just not interesting to me at all, but it might appeal to new readers or the market in general(comics, boys, and guns from the future are all pretty well acquainted). Hellions does look like a mess, but some people love this sarcastic Sinister, and Havok has his appeal, as does the still new and shiny Kwannon. I do agree, though, that those two books could be either otherwise utilized or just not be a thing, but I also see where Marvel is going with those angles of approach.

X-Factor is a pretty big gamble, but if all the queers and Rachel and Polaris fans team up, maybe they can keep the book afloat.
    X-Factor was kinda famous for pulling in just enough sales to make it from month to month for years under Peter David, so you never know. It could surprise us and float for a long while.

X-Factor was kinda famous for pulling in just enough sales to make it from month to month for years under Peter David, so you never know. It could surprise us and float for a long while.
    X-factor is a well known cult brand.

Cable solo have been struggling lately

PAD has a following. Madrox has a following. X-Factor as a brand: eh....

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Wait is the Moira issue not a thing anymore? I was looking forward to that.