Page 251 of 663 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    With the announcement of X-Factor, and whatever book Ayala is getting (maybe X-Corp?) there may be too many X-Books

X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    X-Factor
    Cable
    Wolverine
    Ayala's book

And then there's minis like the Giant Size X-men oneshots or X-Men/FF

That is a lot
    The Market dictates what is too much, Why should we be worried about natural selection? The Market can't support that much books then they just get canceled. The weak ones just fall off .The only people who worry about too much books is people who are favorites of specific characters and won't read anything else. Then it becomes a problem which specific book is being canceled. If Market can only support 5 ongoing books those will be the ones to make it as simple as that. Hopefully the 5 best books or whatever the number is have on your favorite character.

With the announcement of X-Factor, and whatever book Ayala is getting (maybe X-Corp?) there may be too many X-Books

X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    X-Factor
    Cable
    Wolverine
    Ayala's book

And then there's minis like the Giant Size X-men oneshots or X-Men/FF

That is a lot
    they have to put books out like a woman pregnant with octuplets before the current hype train/profit window/hella cash bank money money dolla dolla period ends
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm really starting to have flags go up with the main x-editor. I can't really say how i feel because i'm not sure but i am just getting serious red flags based on like every interview and what is said and unsaid and i hate feeling this way.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm really starting to have flags go up with the main x-editor. I can't really say how i feel because i'm not sure but i am just getting serious red flags based on like every interview and what is said and unsaid and i hate feeling this way.
    I've not been liking much of anything JDW has said since he came on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Market dictates what is too much, Why should we be worried about natural selection? The Market can't support that much books then they just get canceled. The weak ones just fall off .The only people who worry about too much books is people who are favorites of specific characters and won't read anything else. Then it becomes a problem which specific book is being canceled. If Market can only support 5 ongoing books those will be the ones to make it as simple as that. Hopefully the 5 best books or whatever the number is have on your favorite character.
    Yeah, it's not something I think we'll be that much of a problem. One of these days DC was "flooding" the market with at least a dozen Batman related books and we're still here. I doubt X-Books will affect things any further.

It's not the market or sales I'm worried about. It's just a lot of books for the X-Office to handle

One of Dawn of X's strengths is the fairly tight continuity, the writers are all communicating, they are sharing plotlines and characters are settling into new roles like Captain Britain or Red Pirate Queen Kitty. The assassination of Xavier affects other books, the market distribution of Krakoan drugs affects other books, Cypher going on a space road trip affects other books.

I'd hate to lose this interconnectedness because the editors are stretched too thin

BANNED

It's not the market or sales I'm worried about. It's just a lot of books for the X-Office to handle

One of Dawn of X's strengths is the fairly tight continuity, the writers are all communicating, they are sharing plotlines and characters are settling into new roles like Captain Britain or Red Pirate Queen Kitty. The assassination of Xavier affects other books, the market distribution of Krakoan drugs affects other books, Cypher going on a space road trip affects other books.

I'd hate to lose this interconnectedness because the editors are stretched too thin
    That is, indeed, a valid concern. I wonder how they see stuff like that. Do they think ongoing books and their writers can keep going without contradictions popping up, because the writers will be attuned to the line's current needs?

I can see your point now. Thanks for elaborating.

My newest controversial opinion is that JDW's spit-curl is SUPER SEXY!!!!

Wait... what the hell am I saying?!?!?!?!

Jbenito, did you spike my Krakoan tea with anti-freeze?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've not been liking much of anything JDW has said since he came on.
    Can you give some more detail? Is there's something specific that's causing red flags or something JDW said?

Is he the one that gave that interview about Wolverine that ragged on Laura and only wanted to do boring Wolverine stories?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    My newest controversial opinion is that JDW's spit-curl is SUPER SEXY!!!!

Wait... what the hell am I saying?!?!?!?!

Jbenito, did you spike my Krakoan tea with anti-freeze?!?!?!
    LOL.
    That's SO JBen! (in my *that's so Raven* voice).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Can you give some more detail? Is there's something specific that's causing red flags or something JDW said?

Is he the one that gave that interview about Wolverine that ragged on Laura and only wanted to do boring Wolverine stories?
    He seems to avoid any and everything that has to do with characters of color though he does have a decent record with Asian characters it seems. Also the maggot thing in the Leah xfactor interview added with everything else really sends up a red flag for me. He only seems interested in white male characters. Even women are not given much respect or spotlight from him despite color.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

He seems to avoid any and everything that has to do with characters of color though he does have a decent record with Asian characters it seems. Also the maggot thing in the Leah xfactor interview added with everything else really sends up a red flag for me. He only seems interested in white male characters. Even women are not given much respect or spotlight from him despite color.
    There's also his views on later-generation characters. He makes it clear he views any characters introduced after the 80s and 90s to be superfluous wallpaper who can't be allowed to take panel time away from the O5+. And while previous editors have acknowledged demand for later-generation characters, JDW seems to be of the opinion it doesn't exist. He also doubled-down on the idea the only interesting relationship are toxic ones. The fact he's outright said he'd break up Lois and Clark no matter HOW iconic and integral their relationship says a lot about it.

AND he's a gigantic troll on top of it all.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-15-2020 at 06:57 AM.

.............no I’m pretty sure he rejected Maggott because that’s not a sales draw and he’s some super obscure mutant that only people on X-Twitter like. Leah replaced Maggott with Daken, who is still a man of color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    .............no I’m pretty sure he rejected Maggott because that’s not a sales draw and he’s some super obscure mutant that only people on X-Twitter like. Leah replaced Maggott with Daken, who is still a man of color.
    Yeah, why is that not obvious and instead interpreted as criminal?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    My newest controversial opinion is that JDW's spit-curl is SUPER SEXY!
    do you find Jigglypuff sexy?
    Last edited by ermac; 01-15-2020 at 10:11 AM.