Page 254 of 655 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    With the announcement of X-Factor, and whatever book Ayala is getting (maybe X-Corp?) there may be too many X-Books

X-Men
    X-Force
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Hellions
    X-Factor
    Cable
    Wolverine
    Ayala's book

And then there's minis like the Giant Size X-men oneshots or X-Men/FF

That is a lot
    The amount of X-Titles, in the 80's that was probably their whole line, including the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Daken isn't for sure
    lol out of all the characters on the team, probably Daken (with Polaris) is the biggest sales draw

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    But isn't it only because of this connection to Wolverine and not anything of himself?
    And? If we’re talking strictly about sales draws isn’t that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, he’s a member of the Wolverine Family. That’s a sales draw.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Even better: He's the rebellious member of the already grain-going-against type of family. I'm shocked he's not more popular!
    Exactly this! That’s a good description of his case, if writers hadn’t been so obsessed with his daddy issues and hadn’t kept killing him, he would be a much more popular character now.
    I like how all the Wolverine characters are different in their own way. A lot of good stories could’ve been told with a rebellious, morally ambiguous Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he is a massive a-hole. That is why Laura i smore popular
    yes, he is. But that’s exactly the reason he has fans idk if you think that only pure and good characters can be loved by fans who don’t do mistakes, and characters that are jerks doing bad things cannot or shouldn’t be loved, but that’s never been true. I know he is hated among lot of readers for being an *******, but sure most of his fans exist because he is an *******. Probably Daken was the most fun when he joined the Dark Avengers and basically he was trolling the heroes and the villains too at the same time. Jerk characters are fun! It’s fun to have ‘Logan’s disaster son’ back.

Laura is more popular not because she isn’t an *******, but because she had a lot of exposure and good stories/development over the years. While Daken got zero development, was kept as a throw away plot device for Logan, got killed over and over or wasn’t used at all for years. It’s hard to be a top character with a treatment like that…. You can’t draw a conclusion from their personalities when their treatment in comics is hugely different.

He also has a lot of followers because he is a POC and LGBT character too which today is getting more and more significant because of representation. This aspect of the character shouldn't be downplayed. Hopefully his bisexuality will be utilized more and used in better ways in the future.

And as others said before me, he has a huge advantage of being a ‘wolverine’.

After his solo series ended in 2012 he had some really catastrophic years. All he got is a few appearances with terrible ooc writing or no appearance at all. He had some good ones in recent years but it was still all over the place. So he isn’t really a hot topic, but he has a lot of potential and is in a good position right now to get back on track, get some exposure and better treatment finally. I’m sure Leah will write him better than he was in a long time!
    Be kind, it's FREE

I would enjoy a Defenders vs X Men series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I would enjoy a Defenders vs X Men series.
    Depending on which Defenders and the story, that could be a pretty fun mini. (Since 'vs' series in general seem to work best as minis)

BANNED

Plant Sentinels and Hordeculture are the real heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Plant Sentinels and Hordeculture are the real heroes.
    Hordeculture are my life goals!

Maybe not the genocide against the entire human race, but staying active and always finding new goals in old age is always something to be admired.

Also, I hate Charles Xavier.

I know this is because by the time I got into comics, he was already damaged goods, but I just can't stand him and never could.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Maggott is this generation's Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Hordeculture are my life goals!

Maybe not the genocide against the entire human race, but staying active and always finding new goals in old age is always something to be admired.

Also, I hate Charles Xavier.

I know this is because by the time I got into comics, he was already damaged goods, but I just can't stand him and never could.
    Hum, maybe?
    I wonder… is it possible that Marvel, knowing that X-men readers are now older, they give them new heroes that show them what it's possible to be done, even old?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Jean Grey and Emma Frost are significantly weaker and less interesting characters without Cyclops. They kinda need him.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 02-03-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Jean Grey and Emma Frost are significantly weaker and less interesting characters without Cyclops. They kinda need him.
    I fear the replies headed your way, lol.

Keep sailing strong, admiral.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-03-2020 at 01:01 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

The first week of February is off to a strong start.

what a take
    More like the inverse for Jean. She would be more interesting without Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Maggott is this generation's Gambit.
    You need to tell this to the Marvel editors
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-03-2020 at 05:30 AM.

BANNED

The twins should never be retconed into mutants ever again, magneto and polaris gain little, the x-men at large dont either, both characters are toxic waste when it comes to mutant stories and everyone would see that if not blinded by widely aproved fan canon of a non-existant house of m family.
    I dont consider the minimoffs mutants either, and its pretty anoying in my opinion how people put the "idea" of this family when the canon doesnt support it, ever, magneto was terrible to twins, the twins are just awfull in general, its fanfiction passed around as canon (not necessarly here, but in general).
    I roll my eyes when any of those 4 flops are referenced as mutants and having this retcon seperate them completly from the stories im invested in was the best thing to happen.
    unless its pretender time
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-03-2020 at 06:00 AM.

The birds are in the air. Pray to whatever deities you may believe in.