Page 273 of 668 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 10012
    BANNED

an inhuman x mutant alliance could slap since muties are in a situation to mirror some traits attilan has, and the inhumans went trough a recent brutal genocide that mirrors a situation mutants themselves know about.
    The mists was complicated, but it can be water under the bridge agaist the stinky humbos, eternals as well

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They do suck and Ive always hated stories which center around them which tends to be most of Gambit's solo material.
    Thank you! I agree, and honestly the guilds shouldn't! There's potential for great stories and tested loyalties and complications but ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    an inhuman x mutant alliance could slap since muties are in a situation to mirror some traits attilan has, and the inhumans went trough a recent brutal genocide that mirrors a situation mutants themselves know about.
    The mists was complicated, but it can be water under the bridge agaist the stinky humbos, eternals as well
    I don't think that's an unpopular opinion I think it's more probable. I think with the birth of Krakoa Marvel might be turning in Game of thrones I won't be surprised if something like that happens.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Thank you! I agree, and honestly the guilds shouldn't! There's potential for great stories and tested loyalties and complications but ugh.

I always felt that the Guilds concept should be more like the mafia families idea. NOLA's organized crime could fit into a five families concept with families using mutants as their muscle in a back and forth struggle for dominance

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Both of you are completely, and I'd say even objectively, wrong on this one. The last issue of the flagship book was focused on Aero of all people. And since House of X/P10 we had issues focused or ones that gave decent roles for Moira, Doug Ramsey, Rictor, Kwannon, Armor, Maxine and Manon, Boom Boom, Karima, Pete Wisdom, Black Tom, Domino, Gorgon, Sage, Pyro, Jumbo Carnation, Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw, among others, none of whom remotely qualifies as A-list.
    Speaking of..... they should have plotted the Crucible story around someone like Wind Dancer not Aero. It was an interesting issue but the impact would have been even greater of it was a mutant that was at keast known a little or had had stories written about or around them. Aero was only background cannon fodder at best.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Speaking of..... they should have plotted the Crucible story around someone like Wind Dancer not Aero. It was an interesting issue but the impact would have been even greater of it was a mutant that was at keast known a little or had had stories written about or around them. Aero was only background cannon fodder at best.
    Aero's connection the Guthries was probably what made Hickman pick her.

BANNED

it was interesting because aero is so underused besides her pain at loosing her powers, i read an article that such an obscure characther being elevated as an almost messianic level made the issue that much more impactfull.

The story was about the Crucible not about a character.

Aero was used as background cannon fodder.
    And now she is used as a plot device.

But the whole run is not about characters anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member

I understand what it was about but Sofia Mantega would have been a much better character to use especially considering her power set, the pain of losing her powers. Her character history would have been icing on the cake.

I understand what it was about but Sofia Mantega would have been a much better character to use especially considering her power set, the pain of losing her powers. Her character history would have been icing on the cake.
    Sofia has no strong connection to any major character. I loved her but Melody was definitely the better choice, given her ties to the Guthrie family. Who's gonna get emotional and passionate about Sofia? Not to mention it works indirectly with Hickman's first arc of New Mutants which wouldnt have made sense if the intended participant for the issue were Sofia
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Sofia has no strong connection to any major character. I loved her but Melody was definitely the better choice, given her ties to the Guthrie family. Who's gonna get emotional and passionate about Sofia? Not to mention it works indirectly with Hickman's first arc of New Mutants which wouldnt have made sense if the intended participant for the issue were Sofia
    I disagree. Aero has no connection other someone saying she's a Guthrie. Sofia had stories and has connection to Dani and Magma as well as Rahne and later even Jubilee. There are others like Hellion, Prodigy and Elixir. I can see Dani and Rahne not liking the idea of Apocalypse being on a council and doing something like this. It is what it is and its cool sometimes with the obscure characters but if we already did something with Goldballs of all people then damn lol. Aero is ok im just saying in my opinion Sofia would be better. Her powerset means more

I disagree. Aero has no connection other someone saying she's a Guthrie. Sofia had stories and has connection to Dani and Magma as well as Rahne and later even Jubilee. There are others like Hellion, Prodigy and Elixir. I can see Dani and Rahne not liking the idea of Apocalypse being on a council and doing something like this. It is what it is and its cool sometimes with the obscure characters but if we already did something with Goldballs of all people then damn lol. Aero is ok im just saying in my opinion Sofia would be better. Her powerset means more
    Those are weak connections as Sofia is someone they knew for a couple of months years ago at this point. That doesnt compare to family that were grew up together. Again Sofia also didnt get the set up in New Mutants that the Guthrie clan did

Those are weak connections as Sofia is someone they knew for a couple of months years ago at this point. That doesnt compare to family that were grew up together. Again Sofia also didnt get the set up in New Mutants that the Guthrie clan did
    Plus newer readers might not have a clue who Sophia is, but will at least understand the connection for Aero once the name Guthrie is mentioned even if they are seeing her for the first time as well.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Rachel is the best phoenix force wielder and you are deluding yourself thinking otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Rachel is the best phoenix force wielder and you are deluding yourself thinking otherwise
    Well… I agree with you.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe