Page 279 of 668 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Storm is too powerful.

Everyone else is just too weak....

But I agree with the concept: Storm is too strong and wise to be so minor in the events these days. I hope whatever Hickman has in store for her Giant Size issue is meaty enough to serve her strengths.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-16-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The following X-Men should've lost their mutant powers in M-Day. Most have other skills, powers, professions or interests that the opportunity provided. Most could've STILL been viable X-Men or staff with no powers.

Rogue
    Gambit
    Psylocke
    Bishop
    Mystique
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty Pryde
    Beast
    Archangel
    Havok
    Dazzler
    Colossus
    Kurt was more creatively written in Excalibur, when he could only ‘port once a day (Kitty was well written too, but of course, her powers went the other way in that period, being ‘on’ all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt was more creatively written in Excalibur, when he could only ‘port once a day (Kitty was well written too, but of course, her powers went the other way in that period, being ‘on’ all the time).
    When was this?

Speaking of Excalibur...Marvel shouldnt have cancelled the first series when it did and they most certainly shouldnt have gotten rid of the bulk of the cast on the flagship X-men books to make space for Kitty, Kurt and Piotr

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When was this?

Speaking of Excalibur...Marvel shouldnt have cancelled the first series when it did and they most certainly shouldnt have gotten rid of the bulk of the cast on the flagship X-men books to make space for Kitty, Kurt and Piotr
    When Kurt woke up from his coma(from the injuries he sustained in Mutant Massacre), he was still hurt and couldn't teleport often(or at all) without intense pain and weakness, almost killing him at times. It took a long time for him to get strong again(and be able to rapid teleport, and carry people, and go far). In modern canon he has far exceeded his classical limitations. But during that early Excalibur run, he emphasized his acrobatic fighting abilities and leadership qualities. Almost akin to Ororo's time after losing her powers and all that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Marrow should be trans.

Jamie Braddock should be trans.

M-Day should have been an opportunity to push a bunch of secondary and tertiary characters to the foreground.

In a way I agree with the fact that Storm is too powerful. When she is "just" an omega with a reasonable scope of her powers, she is fine, she has great destructive power but defensively she is only human. Summon hurricanes, hail, lightning ... All that seems reasonable to me.

Stories where she starts doing things like "controlling solar storms", "getting air out of people's lungs" or "becoming invisible" no longer seem reasonable to me. There are stories where she even causes earthquakes and controls lava, which I can't even understand anymore. Yes, the writer comes out with some unusual explanation but it always seems asspull.

Exactly the same thing happens to me with Magneto.

Regarding Jubilee, she is powerful. But like Cyclops for example, they very rarely use their powers to the fullest because
    1) They are afraid of collateral damage
    2) It would be very boring. They would end the fights on a panel by vaporizing everything in front of them.

Limited powers = forces creativity, requires more thought to be put into conflicts, leads to more interesting encounters

Broad powers = encourages laziness, makes it harder to raise stakes, forces the reader to suspend more disbelief

That is why knife-fight Storm and nail-hurling Magneto are so baller.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Regarding Jubilee, she is powerful. But like Cyclops for example, they very rarely use their powers to the fullest because
    2) It would be very boring. They would end the fights on a panel by vaporizing everything in front of them.
    X-writers never explored creative, strategic, and nonlethal applications of her specific style of pyrokinesis. I agree she is powerful, but the circumstances of her tenure with the X-Men never allowed her to be seen as anything more than a reluctant sparkler. Sidelined with the X-Men, then being the plucky veteran amongst teens with more interesting stories, then getting crucified, then losing her powers to M-Day, then becoming a vampire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Limited powers = forces creativity, requires more thought to be put into conflicts, leads to more interesting encounters

Broad powers = encourages laziness, makes it harder to raise stakes, forces the reader to suspend more disbelief

That is why knife-fight Storm and nail-hurling Magneto are so baller.
    That's why I'll never understand people who prefer broken ass Hamon over well established Stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Vaporizing everything? LOL...no one wants or expects that. Most of the time Jubilee is written more like a nuisance

I mean they could at least make her damage more than Chibi Moon

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That's why I'll never understand people who prefer broken ass Hamon over well established Stands.
    Joseph make it look cool. But yeah, Hamon could be literally anything, that s@#% was broken.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

X-writers never explored creative, strategic, and nonlethal applications of her specific style of pyrokinesis. I agree she is powerful, but the circumstances of her tenure with the X-Men never allowed her to be seen as anything more than a reluctant sparkler. Sidelined with the X-Men, then being the plucky veteran amongst teens with more interesting stories, then getting crucified, then losing her powers to M-Day, then becoming a vampire.
    Yeah I don't think they explored jubilee powers, she can do more than fireworks

Marrow should be trans.
    Jamie Braddock should be trans.
    I'm super intrigued by these , care to shed a lil more light?