Page 28 of 669 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Well, seeing how the X-Men are being written, maybe Fox should own their comics too.
    hell fucking no I can't stand what fox has with the X-men the films I'll always prefer what marvel is doing with the X-men in the comics then anything fox is doing with the X-men in the movies.

I'm in the minority here honestly and I would say it's even an unpopular opinion for me to have...but I haven't had any problems with what marvel has done with the X-men in the comics at all, I'm talking about marvel and it's writer's input with the X-men in the comics from 2012 to the present.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-01-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Defensively she's far too weak for that.
    The best defense is overwhelming offense.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I'm in the minority here honestly and I would say it's even an unpopular opinion for me to have...but I haven't had any problems with what marvel has done with the X-men in the comics at all, I'm talking about marvel and it's writer's input with the X-men in the comics from 2012 to the present.
    You definitely are in the minority. Maybe you don't like the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    "Kunoichi (Japanese: くノ一) is a modern term for a ninja or practitioner of ninjutsu (ninpo) that uses seduction as a tool."
    I guess you missed the operative term modern. Also, seduction as A tool not THE tool. Of COURSE a female assassin would use seduction when practical. It's a damn good way for an attractive woman to get close to a target without arousing suspicion (if not other things). For that matter, a MALE would, too, against the appropriate target. But neither is it the only means they would employ. However CHARGING AT YOUR TARGET SWINGING A FRIGGEN SWORD WHILE DRESSED IN A BIKINI is NOT seduction.

GOD I hate pop culture.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-01-2017 at 04:01 PM.

1. X-23 isn't half the character that Wolverine is and shouldn't be using the name. At least if they are publishing a title with Logan in it.

2. Cyclops was ruined years ago. The changes to him didn't need to happen. He was a fine character before.

3. Professor Charles Xavier should always be the overall leader of the X-men. And the stories showing how much of a piece of crap so Cyclops could look like a better leader hasn't helped the X-men.

4. Magneto shouldn't be a member of the X-men. They should almost always be against him based on hos tactics.

5. Chuck Austin's run was good.

6. Morrison's was awful.

7. As a whole 90s X-men was really good. In my experience its people that didn't read it that claim that it stunk.

8. Iceman shouldn't have a book because Gambit doesn't have one now.

9. Beast did nothing wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    1. X-23 isn't half the character that Wolverine is and shouldn't be using the name. At least if they are publishing a title with Logan in it.
    OTOH you can make the argument that Logan is an overused character with far too much contradictory baggage resulting from too many different writers pulling him in too many simultaneous directions.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-01-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    You definitely are in the minority. Maybe you don't like the X-Men.
    Except I do, I don't have to agree with everything what most of the X-men fanbase claims to dislike or hate about what marvel has done with the X-men in the comics as of late, and yeah I like a lot of what marvel has done with the X-men lately and yes that includes death of X and ivx but just because most of the X-men fanbase doesn't like that period of the X-men comics but I do doesn't mean that my love for the X-men and me being a fan of the X-men somehow isn't valid.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-01-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Defensively she's far too weak for that.
    her winds have been able to contain sienna blaze energy characterized as strong enough to split the earth and protect her team of xmen from a collapsing mountain. She has the ability to defend herself via her powers but due to poor writing and a lack of creativity at the xoffices this hasn't been explored. That said, Storm shutting down the synapses in the individuals brain before the could attack would allow her to not need to defend herself.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I guess you missed the operative term modern. Also, seduction as A tool not THE tool. Of COURSE a female assassin would use seduction when practical. It's a damn good way for an attractive woman to get close to a target without arousing suspicion (if not other things). For that matter, a MALE would, too, against the appropriate target. But neither is it the only means they would employ. However CHARGING AT YOUR TARGET SWINGING A FRIGGEN SWORD WHILE DRESSED IN A BIKINI is NOT seduction.

GOD I hate pop culture.
    It's a modern term, it's the tool some female ninjas used to gain secrets from the enemy. Never said they go around in bikinis all I said was they expose most of they're body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    hell fucking no I can't stand what fox has with the X-men the films I'll always prefer what marvel is doing with the X-men in the comics then anything fox is doing with the X-men in the movies.

both the comics from the xoffices side and the movies are bad. the fox-men are trash so the comics is not that bad but the comics are not good by any stretch. astonishing could break that trend but it is too early to say.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-01-2017 at 05:18 PM.

2. Cyclops was ruined years ago. The changes to him didn't need to happen. He was a fine character before.

3. Professor Charles Xavier should always be the overall leader of the X-men. And the stories showing how much of a piece of crap so Cyclops could look like a better leader hasn't helped the X-men.

4. Magneto shouldn't be a member of the X-men. They should almost always be against him based on hos tactics.

6. Morrison's was awful.

7. As a whole 90s X-men was really good. In my experience its people that didn't read it that claim that it stunk.

6. Morrison's was awful.

1. agreed
    2. agreed partially, he always sucked but was much more likable as a boy scout.
    3. agreed.
    4. agreed.
    5. no thoughts
    6. no thoughts
    7. agreed
    8. don't care
    9. completely disagree

BANNED

It's a modern term, it's the tool some female ninjas used to gain secrets from the enemy. Never said they go around in bikinis all I said was they expose most of they're body.
    You just don't get it.

6. Morrison's was awful.

BANNED

Firstly, it's "Their" bodies. They're, means they are doing something.
    Secondly, Ninja women dressed simply to fight against the Empire or Shogunates.
    They didn't run around exposing most of their bodies.
    If you said that about ancient Egyptian "Ninja" you'd have a point. BUT, in Ancient Egypt most people ran around fully nude or partially nude. Even Men. Children ran around nude until their teens. Some women simply NEVER wore clothes, they simply wore Jewelry and make-up.

But this ain't ancient Egypt.