Page 280 of 657 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 9846

Not much to report, sad to say. I was in a mood to spit out a bunch of fire starters.

I think X-Men need some trans rights, but I don’t know who would be a good candidate for a retcon that size.

I’m a big fan of the Christian Frost/Emma Frost trans reading, but it’s fanwanky headfanon.

As for the two I DID suggest:

Marrow is basically Callisto on steroids, and I hated her beautification by Davis. So I figured maybe she’s on testosterone and that’s why her body ossifies so violently and gracelessly in their body.

Jamie, is a wild card and more complicated to explain. I just think the Braddocks have always had strange relationships to their bodies, gender roles, conservative thinking... and his powers suggest a discomfort with reality.

Fantastic Member

I tend to go the other way and want more powerful characters but also make the villains more powerful as well. This is in hopes of eliminating redundancy

Magneto should be more powerful than he is often portrayed. I'm cool with him being an anti-hero but the guy should be almost a cosmic level force. Throwing asteroids around and razing entire cities in a blink of an eye (if he chooses). The biggest insult I've ever seen him endure is when he took an "L" vs Iron Man in AvX. Okay Tony your suit isn't metal, I'm just going to drop this cruise ship on you now should've been how that played out.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Cyclops and Rogue should have both gotten control over their powers.

Writers should stop writing Rogue and Gambit with accents since they clearly don't know how to.

It happens to Magneto like all villains who become heroes. When you're a villain, you're expected to be able to beat entire teams of X-Men by yourself. When you are an X-Men, you cannot make the rest of the team redundant so you are less powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Limited powers = forces creativity, requires more thought to be put into conflicts, leads to more interesting encounters

Broad powers = encourages laziness, makes it harder to raise stakes, forces the reader to suspend more disbelief

That is why knife-fight Storm and nail-hurling Magneto are so baller.
    Precisely this.
    Limits = INTERESTING

Hand wavers are so effing boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It happens to Magneto like all villains who become heroes. When you're a villain, you're expected to be able to beat entire teams of X-Men by yourself. When you are an X-Men, you cannot make the rest of the team redundant so you are less powerful.
    Heroes can face a team of villains, too… The villains don't have to be all powerful. But it requires them to be team players and not egocentric megalomaniacs.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Precisely this.
    Limits = INTERESTING

Hand wavers are so effing boring.
    Agreed. Super OP characters are not fun to read in a team book setting.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cyclops and Rogue should have both gotten control over their powers.
    She currently does. She’s fully enjoying married life.

Cyclops makes no sense because he lost control due to the brain injury after failing out of the airplane. He’s been killed like 23 times and brought back, or is he broken because maybe someone is making a copy of a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    She currently does. She’s fully enjoying married life.

Cyclops makes no sense because he lost control due to the brain injury after failing out of the airplane. He’s been killed like 23 times and brought back, or is he broken because maybe someone is making a copy of a copy?
    Scott's inability to internally control his optic blasts is actually a psychological/psychosomatic situation he created for himself, not a purely physical one. This was explored in Astonishing X-Men under Whedon, and then completely swept under the rug by every other writer. Hickman's resurrection of Scott in a way touched on this, when nascent Scott's eyes were shining, but not blasting uncontrollably, and then Xavier gave him a new visor after restoring his anima. Ultimately, his visor is too iconic(and the source of his codename) to let go of, it would seem.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Marrow is basically Callisto on steroids, and I hated her beautification by Davis. So I figured maybe she’s on testosterone and that’s why her body ossifies so violently and gracelessly in their body.
    Dang, I love this idea. I always liked Marrow but it seems like writers don't know what to do with her. This would be fascinating to read with the right writer
    Make Good Art

I actually liked the direction Rosenberg had for her by having her work for Emma as part of the Hellfire Club. Wouldnt mind seeing Duggan pick up on that by having her in Maraurders. She should have replaced Kitty on the boat especially with she having a different type of relationship with Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Dang, I love this idea. I always liked Marrow but it seems like writers don't know what to do with her. This would be fascinating to read with the right writer
    Aw thanks :-) I also thought her crush on Cannonball and later Gambit was super weird because they were so obviously heart throbby good guys. I would've made her younger too, and had her move to Gen X with Maggot. Then White Queen could work her magic, realize there's a boy under all this calcium... and years later Marrow is in white House of Carnation exclusive the way Callisto is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    And horrifying under most writers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Magneto should be more powerful than he is often portrayed. I'm cool with him being an anti-hero but the guy should be almost a cosmic level force. Throwing asteroids around and razing entire cities in a blink of an eye (if he chooses). The biggest insult I've ever seen him endure is when he took an "L" vs Iron Man in AvX. Okay Tony your suit isn't metal, I'm just going to drop this cruise ship on you now should've been how that played out.
    Technically it did happen lol he also stopped fighting for a stupid reason so even Aaron knew better than make him job in a direct power contest.
    The last time we've seen Magneto doing something cool was when he thrashed Proteus. It really is laughable that they make him a lame metal objects thrower. So creatively inept and lazy. Out of all thing one could do with Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation...