Page 282 of 670 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 10038

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When Hickman makes the X-Men's lives hard, it'll be because of alien stuff, international politics, genetically engineered species, government secrets, mystical gods, or the assload of (new!) villains, and not PURPLE ROBOTS SHOOT LASER, MAGNETO MAKE CAR GO WHOOSH, ESSEX DO THE BAD SCIENCE, PURPLE ROBOT FROM FUTURE SHOOT BIGGER LASER, KENTUCKY FRIED PHOENIX, SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN ANOTHER BOOK IS GONNA WIPE OUT YOUR SPECIES UWU, THE MOST POWER MUTANT EVA IS HERE!!!" on a perpetual loop.
    Well then, I don't think we need Scott and Rogue to be stuck with uncontrollable powers if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If he was any more powerful he would be like Lille Barro from Bleach. Whatever he locks his eyes on should be immediately pierced, no matter how many layers of protection it has. You could make that into an emergency/last resource move, but it should have proportional drawbacks, for the sake of balance.
    Concussive beams coming from a whole dimension made of kinetic energy truly being the 'Unstoppable Force'? I say that has a nice ring to it.

The drawback is that that is the only power he has. Not every(hell most) problem is going to be solved by blasting it away.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops should be more powerful. Like a LOT more powerful.

And before anyone says overpowered characters are boring. No, characters with overly convenient powers are boring. Looking at you, telepathy.
    I agree Scott needs a boost. How would you like to see it done?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I agree Scott needs a boost. How would you like to see it done?
    Curious what others suggest, whether they be a reinterpretation of his powers, a secondary mutation, or something else. Mostly because I *don’t* think he needs an upgrade.

Astonishing Member

Maybe I'm in the minority but I absolutely hate how Galactus is depicted or rendered in the comics.He looks like some Power Rangers robocop.It's ridiculous especially now that under Hickman he and the phoenix are these super powerful entities.I say depict him more like that First Fallen entity ,like a black silver surfer of sorts or have some shadowy ether emanate from him.He should be a menacing entity for crying out loud.At least if they want to show him with half his face pale white the other dark with each eye a different blazing colour like blue and green.I say we need to change how Galactus looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I absolutely hate how Galactus is depicted or rendered in the comics.He looks like some Power Rangers robocop.It's ridiculous especially now that under Hickman he and the phoenix are these super powerful entities.I say depict him more like that First Fallen entity ,like a black silver surfer of sorts or have some shadowy ether emanate from him.He should be a menacing entity for crying out loud.At least if they want to show him with half his face pale white the other dark with each eye a different blazing colour like blue and green.I say we need to change how Galactus looks!
    I'm sure that Galactus, as a super powerful entity, doesn't feel the need to be fashionable.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yes totally agree it's ridiculous that every iteration they don't have a handle on them. While we're on Cyke I always thought it would be cool if his beams were not always one continuous beam but could be pulses of light like in star wars that he could send out in a series
    He’s pulsed his blasts before. Rogue and Cyclops’ inability to control their powers are anecdotes for mental illness, disabilities, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Spectacular Member

Why even consider them "disabled". They are "superpowers with a price". Biggest flaw of mutant metaphor is when it's treated as allegory. It is a completely different experience with all very familiar tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Why even consider them "disabled". They are "superpowers with a price". Biggest flaw of mutant metaphor is when it's treated as allegory. It is a completely different experience with all very familiar tropes.
    It is a disability. Like most disabilities, their flaw prevents them from leading normal lives without some form of intervention. In Cyclops' case, its the glasses and Rogue's its the gloves. I think Rogue is more iffy but Scott most definitely is a more clear case of a disability. He can not function without his glasses or visors. He either runs the risk of destroying or killing those around him or being blind by closing his eyes. There is no in between there. Without his glasses, he is massively impaired and is a danger to himself and others

I like that he’s forced to wear glasses or a visor. Otherwise he’s just another white guy in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Curious what others suggest, whether they be a reinterpretation of his powers, a secondary mutation, or something else. Mostly because I *don’t* think he needs an upgrade.
    When you stop to think about it, Cyclops is the only O5 whose powers have not evolved. It basically does the same thing now as in X-men # 1. Warren gained Archangel, Hank his blue form and became a super genius and stronger, Jean gained telepathy, Bobby greatly developed his powers.

Scott is just Scott. I think Bendis' optic blast was an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't find Hickman's X-men sympathetic.
    Just pathetic
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When you stop to think about it, Cyclops is the only O5 whose powers have not evolved. It basically does the same thing now as in X-men # 1. Warren gained Archangel, Hank his blue form and became a super genius and stronger, Jean gained telepathy, Bobby greatly developed his powers.

I think I actually like that. It somehow feels true to his personality. Scott is a man that trains hard, but he doesn't branch out and do different things.

There's a purity of vision there.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was interesting for the time considering his status. Although I find the explanation for why his powers didn't work to be rather poor. Especially since other writers failed to maintain continuity with the idea.

As for an upgrade. I can't really think of anything. Maybe something defensive? Even then does he need it? His secondary focus is on leading/strategy. That gives him an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think I actually like that. It somehow feels true to his personality. Scott is a man that trains hard, but he doesn't branch out and do different things.

There's a purity of vision there.
    True. Although I think his ricochet skills should be brought back if anything. They are hardly used these days.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-19-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia