Page 287 of 669 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 10029
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How is that any different than sending out any X-men vs a telekinetic? Its the same thing except Magneto's powers work exclusively on metal and a TK's works on anything. Piotr and Logan are soldiers and part of the team. If Magneto were to get distracted with them, that leaves an opening for the rest to attack him. Excludign them at times would have crippled the team, such as in UXM 150. It literally would have been just Storm and Nightcrawler on that mission which would have been more foolish of Xavier
    Telekinetics have a bigger range than what Magneto does. They have Forge and other brilliant scientists, you'd think they'd have found technology or something to counter this so they don't have rely on Magneto being stupid to allow Wolverine to be relevant in fights. The movies accept this, which is there Wolverine is a joke against Magneto.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Its funny because I think I'm the only one that thinks Kitty is the straightest character ever unlike Ororo who I can actually see as bi, along with Rachel Summers. And this is not so I can push some ship with Kitty as I really have never been a fan of any of her relationships, nor do I ship her with anyone in my head (though, I did like BobKat for the entertainment factor). If you are going to try to use that Excalibur scan then don't bother. I'm pretty sure Saty9 was supposed to be seen as a predator and I don't think even Claremont meant this to be anything else despite his history of writing Kitty falling in love with older people. I know what CC did in MechaniX and I honestly think he wanted her to just be more hip because Kitty was being accused or being a bore and a goody-two shoes back in the 90s outside of people who loved Excalibur. Besides, I have heard so many contradictory statements from Claremont and he sometimes seems to do things on a whim, especially recently.

My sometimes shipping of Logan/Kurt is something I don't think was ever intended in canon and the only time I thought this was when Logan was acting a certain way and saying certain things during the X.S.E. This was close to MechaniX so maybe CC didn't mind playing with the idea but it isn't what I know is the truth for them as characters. I keep going back and forth in my head in regards to what that meant. Scott is also the other character I think is straight as hell. His being "uptight" I feel is more to do with his growing up in an orphanage or him being a leader and an introvert. People not letting characters feel complex emotions and act accordingly and it meaning it has to do with something Freudian is what I hate. Its normal for people to sometimes not to get along of others isn't it? But then I've never been much for hatesex. There were jokes about NC and Cap Britain but no one actually thought they were doing it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oh, any other character have a better chance of being gay than Kitty and Scott IMHO. Those, are just the "vibes" I get. I'm not ship shaming "What Ifs" are fine. Fanfiction is for fans to explore ideas they enjoy but ideas and Canon don't always go hand and hand.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

milo manara should helm the art for a Dazzler series.

E38FBE0B-794B-46C9-8742-876DDEF55ED8.jpg

DPS team = $28
    ‘90 Blue = $24
    ‘90 Gold = $20
    ‘15 Gold = $23

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    In general did we ever get a reasion why the people made of metal were sent to fight the guy that controls metal ? I want a in cannon explanation for that and why they never made a macguffin that cancels magneto power over them.
    If this is confusion or makes no sence, quarantine isolation has driven me sain or insane one of the two
    Iirc, the team Piotr was part of wasn't chosen to fight Magneto but was dealing with something else.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

I don't like Jim Lee's designs. When I think of the X-Men, I think of the work of Dave Cockrum and Jim Lee... the "hot artist" era of Marvel ruined the X-Men for me; Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld's creative control yielded in some of the worst stories that X-Men has ever seen.

And because the cartoon hit around the same time with those Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld designs, they are iconic without deserving to be and, as such, will never go away.

Gambit is more popular than Nightcrawler of Colossus because of this era and I detest that. Stryfe of all characters has become a more iconic villain than Sebastian Shaw due to this era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    I don't like Jim Lee's designs. When I think of the X-Men, I think of the work of Dave Cockrum and Jim Lee... the "hot artist" era of Marvel ruined the X-Men for me; Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld's creative control yielded in some of the worst stories that X-Men has ever seen.

And because the cartoon hit around the same time with those Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld designs, they are iconic without deserving to be and, as such, will never go away.

Gambit is more popular than Nightcrawler of Colossus because of this era and I detest that. Stryfe of all characters has become a more iconic villain than Sebastian Shaw due to this era.
    I actually agree with you on Jim Lee. most of those early-90s costumes are just atrocious (Scott and Jean ESPECIALLY). Plus, as I've already said a couple times in this thread, I dislike how Marvel treats that era as sacred and refuses to move on from that lineup.

I disagree about Gambit, though. I remember when X2 came out that everyone I knew was ecstatic about Kurt appearing. News that Gambit would be in XM:O wasn't received with nearly as much excitement (even if Kitsch's performance ended up being one of the bright points of the actual film).

Astonishing Member

I'm happy Hickman teased phoenix but her opposite should not be Galactus.As far as I remember the phoenix entity is not only life giving but also a destroyer,her duality is chaos personified and her antithesis is a being who wants order/stasis so indeed as once mentioned in Uncanny X-Men in the 471/472 issues onwards -this being is the first fallen.I feel like his quest as a collector of 4 sentients from any universe especially considering how we have strongholds,phalanx and dominions as other level civilisations.It fits more perfectly than Galactus whose intentions have always been nebulous.I think Hickman made a mistake with picking Galactus as the being with Phoenix dominions dread. First fallen is a better fit

At no time is it mentioned that Galactus and Phoenix are opposites, both oppose the Dominions. Both Phoenix and Galactus are the cosmic entities with the most relationship to mutants (Phoenix = Jean Gray, Galactus = Franklin Richards)

In addition, both are the only ones known to destroy planets on a regular basis.

Extraordinary Member

I think it sucks that Nightcrawler and Archangel aren’t on any regular team books right now. I know Dazzler and Banshee (either Sean or Terry) usually aren’t team books most of the time , but it would be good to put them on one. Same with Monet and Husk.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not a fan of the Jim Lee 90's aesthetic either. And it's one of the (many) reasons why I loathe XM-TAS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Oh, any other character have a better chance of being gay than Kitty and Scott IMHO. Those, are just the "vibes" I get. I'm not ship shaming "What Ifs" are fine. Fanfiction is for fans to explore ideas they enjoy but ideas and Canon don't always go hand and hand.
    I wish more fans had that level of wisdom. If half the ships and fantasies I've had over the years were made canon it would thoroughly screw up much of the entertainment I have enjoyed, not only for myself but for other fans. It's a pity more fans can't seem to see that...

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Jim Lee 90's aesthetic either. And it's one of the (many) reasons why I loathe XM-TAS.
    I feel so much less alone, now. Out of curiosity, what are the other reasons?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    I feel so much less alone, now. Out of curiosity, what are the other reasons?
    I found the voice acting awful. The animation hideous. The story-telling bad. Some adaptations were okies, but overall they were very meh.
    (I am fully aware that my reasons for hating it are the reasons why everybody...yourself excluded...loves it.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!