Page 288 of 663 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 9936
    Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I found the voice acting awful. The animation hideous. The story-telling bad. Some adaptations were okies, but overall they were very meh.
    (I am fully aware that my reasons for hating it are the reasons why everybody...yourself excluded...loves it.)
    I am right there with you. Akom was their number one studio... and it was also infamous for being the cheapest, worst animation studio there. Bruce Timm famously fired them from Batman the Animated Series after they turned in a dud. And the voice direction... one needs only to listen to Storm.

And it's amazing that even the faithful adaptations lost the soul of the original work... sort of like the Watchmen movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    I am right there with you. Akom was their number one studio... and it was also infamous for being the cheapest, worst animation studio there. Bruce Timm famously fired them from Batman the Animated Series after they turned in a dud. And the voice direction... one needs only to listen to Storm.

And it's amazing that even the faithful adaptations lost the soul of the original work... sort of like the Watchmen movie.
    Honestly, I didn't really see the animation as being that bad. I can think of things that were better, like the DCAU, but overall I didn't find the animation quality to be that bad. But in part this is because my standard for "bad" was the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

I don't like Jim Lee's designs. When I think of the X-Men, I think of the work of Dave Cockrum and Jim Lee... the "hot artist" era of Marvel ruined the X-Men for me; Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld's creative control yielded in some of the worst stories that X-Men has ever seen.

And because the cartoon hit around the same time with those Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld designs, they are iconic without deserving to be and, as such, will never go away.

Gambit is more popular than Nightcrawler of Colossus because of this era and I detest that. Stryfe of all characters has become a more iconic villain than Sebastian Shaw due to this era.
    Jim Lee’s design work is generally pretty terrible, yeah.

People frequently misunderstand the important qualities of a faithful adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Jim Lee’s design work is generally pretty terrible, yeah.
    While I think he's capable of a few and far between wins, you're absolutely right. He COMPLETELY missed the assignment WRT to the Nu52 Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 95903

DPS team = $28
    ‘90 Blue = $24
    ‘90 Gold = $20
    ‘15 Gold = $23
    Everyone in the bottom two rows.

Archangel, Dazzler, Jubilee, Polaris, Rachel, Forge, Banshee, Domino, Cannonball, plus Magik is one hell of a team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Everyone in the bottom two rows.

Archangel, Dazzler, Jubilee, Polaris, Rachel, Forge, Banshee, Domino, Cannonball, plus Magik is one hell of a team.
    Exactly! Ten X-Men for $15, it's a steal, and Rachel and Polaris, in particular, are super-heavy-hitters, like getting Jean Grey and Magneto for a fraction of the price!

I wish Beast was any color besides blue.

my brain just melted imagining a bright yellow beast. in a good way. green would look pretty sick but dc would have their heads

Beast as green is a no no

Green Beast is just Furry Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Green Beast is just Furry Hulk.
    Blue Beast is just Nightcrawler Hulk.

Honestly this opinion started with the observation that there are too many blue mutants at the center of the franchise. Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Archangel, and now Apocalypse.

We all know the link between Mystique and Nightcrawler. Archangel is blue because of Apocalypse. But given that Beast’s experiment could’ve created any color were-hulk, why blue? Obviously ink limitations of the time were a factor, but we’re decades later and use digital printing. Black or brown makes sense if his hair is based in his own physiology, but that reads gorilla or werewolf, and we want to showcase “biological freak”. I kinda like white beast simply cause it ages him up.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Beast was blue before any of the others, though.

Before Nightcrawler?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Before Nightcrawler?
    According to my research, he was turned blue in 1972/1973. Nightcrawler debuted in 1975.