Page 29 of 664 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Except I do, I don't have to agree with everything what most of the X-men fanbase claims to dislike or hate about what marvel has done with the X-men in the comics as of late, and yeah I like a lot of what marvel has done with the X-men lately and yes that includes death of X and ivx but just because most of the X-men fanbase doesn't like that period of the X-men comics but I do doesn't mean that my love for the X-men and me being a fan of the X-men somehow isn't valid.
    Talk about unpopular, lol. Out of curiosity what about those two monstrosities did you like?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Talk about unpopular, lol. Out of curiosity what about those two monstrosities did you like?
    The simplest reason is two reasons actually and that is 01. I was already a fan of and liked both the X-men and the inhumans, and 02. Was that I was entertained and interested begining to end with both stories.

I agree though with the X-men fans who felt both stories did damage to Scott summers and Emma frost's character.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-01-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The simplest reason is two reasons actually and that is 01. I was already a fan of and liked both the X-men and the inhumans, and 02. Was that I was entertained and interested begining to end with both stories.
    If anything, being a fan of both X-Men and Inhumans would make things even worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    OTOH you can make the argument that Logan is an overused character with far too much contradictory baggage resulting from too many different writers pulling him in too many simultaneous directions.
    I do not know what OTOH means. That said I do agree that he is and was over used. I also think the same for Spiderman, Batman and Superman. That said Wolverine and Spiderman is Marvel's Batman and Superman and look at how many titles they appear in. As far as being pulled in too many different directions. I would assume you are talking about the AvX stuff. Quite frankly plot of Wolverine trying to protect children fits the character. He has always been protective of children. That is how they used to show that was a softie at heart. If you are talking about the difference in the way he was portrayed in the team. Well from what I can tell he was being written closer to how he has been written in his solo. He hasn't been the character that was on a hair trigger and snapped at everyone that was seen in the 90s cartoon for years. Hell he wasn't like that in his solo in the 90s. And sure there was some **** writers on the character. What character hasn't had bad creative teams? But that is going to happen when a character has 4 solo titles and is in damn near every team title. The think that annoyed me in his titles was the constant self pity after he regained his memory. Also in that last run when his healing factor wasn't working again he was shaking in fear of Creed. He has faced Sabretooth without it before he didn't cower in fear those times.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    What is a no? Which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why?????????

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What is a no? Which part?
    I would say that Austen's run being good.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I would say that Austen's run being good.
    I feel that way whenever someone praises Morrison's, Fraction's and Gillen's runs.

I do not know what OTOH means. That said I do agree that he is and was over used. I also think the same for Spiderman, Batman and Superman. That said Wolverine and Spiderman is Marvel's Batman and Superman and look at how many titles they appear in. As far as being pulled in too many different directions. I would assume you are talking about the AvX stuff. Quite frankly plot of Wolverine trying to protect children fits the character. He has always been protective of children. That is how they used to show that was a softie at heart. If you are talking about the difference in the way he was portrayed in the team. Well from what I can tell he was being written closer to how he has been written in his solo. He hasn't been the character that was on a hair trigger and snapped at everyone that was seen in the 90s cartoon for years. Hell he wasn't like that in his solo in the 90s. And sure there was some **** writers on the character. What character hasn't had bad creative teams? But that is going to happen when a character has 4 solo titles and is in damn near every team title. The think that annoyed me in his titles was the constant self pity after he regained his memory. Also in that last run when his healing factor wasn't working again he was shaking in fear of Creed. He has faced Sabretooth without it before he didn't cower in fear those times.
    OTOH=On the other hand.

Another controversial opinion I have is that I like Fantomex most of the time.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

Marvel should do a huge X-men reboot. And I do not mean a Marvel style soft skimming on the edges softboot. I mean The Phoenix changing reality and completely changing the x-men and all mutants in all of Marvel reality kind of reboot. I kind of have enough that for years the x-men go through one decimation or another yet somehow almost always come out of it with even more new x-men and even more new students and less villains. It's time for a reboot. The phoenix finally gets her **** together and becomes more powerful than it has ever been and goes straight for earth for Jean. Other cosmos entities are worried about the balance of the universe being upset with a phoenix force this powerful. Hijinks and Space opera on the level of infinity gauntlet ensues and it ends with the marvel universe completely altered. There are no x-men, no Xavier, no magneto. Yet Mutants are popping up everywhere and somehow, someway a new x-men team forms , One that is more powerful because most new mutants are extremists and deadly to humans and the x-men will have so many powerful villains that even the combined Spiderman/batman villains gallery go : Damn, that is a lot of villains!

BANNED

Maggott is pretty cool. I'd like to see him again.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I just want to know who Nocenti originally intended Spiral to be.

It's a shame she and Art Adams never did that second mini-series. I'd love it if they came back to it now and did it as an OGN.
    Nocenti still hold her cards close to her chest, I'm afraid. The closest she's been to reveal Spiral's real identity was in a response to an article named How would you fix...the origin of Longshot's family? by Nathan Summers.

While I implied Spiral “hated” Longshot because she “loved” him, Rita becoming Spiral was not my intention. So very sharp pick up there;-)

As for the Bratpack being their children, somewhere I have the Longshot Graphic Novel I wrote, that Arthur did the thumbnails for. Was it there that there was something about Spiral’s hair color, before her transformation by Mojo, being the same as that of a “little darling”;-)
    I haven't been able to worm any more out of her up to now.

And yeah, it's a shame that the second mini/Graphic Novel never was, especially if you think that it was already partially written and drawn. My private dream is that some day it will come to light, even as extra material in a reprint or so.

7. As a whole 90s X-men was really good. In my experience its people that didn't read it that claim that it stunk.
    You know, you may be partially right I mean, about some people who didn't like 90s X-Men didn't actually read those X-books. I myself read very little from that decade, I quit around 1991 because I was bored as hell. But I tried to get back several times, I flicked through X-books when I visited a comic store (very often), and both writing and art backed me out. Yet I bought some issues once in a while --the experience didn't change my mind, though. Sorry.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 08-02-2017 at 02:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Except saving+uniting the mutant species, fighting the Phoenix and everything that happened on Utopia and beyond.
    How did Cyclops 'unite' the mutant species when most team members turned their back on him and him due to his erratic behaviour? You call that a positive accomplishment? Just wow....

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    How did Cyclops 'unite' the mutant species when most team members turned their back on him and him due to his erratic behaviour? You call that a positive accomplishment? Just wow....
    The important thing here is the fact that NO ONE except Cyclops tried to save and unite the mutant species. Everybody who turned their back on him didn't do sh*t afterward.

I think Grant Morrison's run on X-Men is terrible.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman