Page 292 of 664 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 9957

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Taki just might be the most robbed x-character introduced before the new millennium. He's definitely Top 5 at the least
    Was hoping you'd chime in. I know you liked my Gen X love polygon.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Like, Chamber likes Jubilee who likes Synch who likes Blink who likes Skin who likes Husk who likes M who likes no one but herself.
    I just don't know where I'd add in Taki. It's important that sadsack Chamber pines after silver lining combat vet Jubilee. Maybe Taki likes her too, making Chamber even more of a sadsack. Meanwhile Husk uses Taki as a beard, cause he's a gentleman, and she's working through her feelings.

someone should recreate the infamous mid-air tryst with Paige and Taki instead

Extraordinary Member

someone should recreate the infamous mid-air tryst with Paige and Taki instead
    Technically they can recreate it with him and Melody.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Longshot was more interesting under Nocenti than Claremont.

I also think Taki should have joined Gen X, but maybe it's better he didn't. Emma Frost and Banshee lost Franklin almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Longshot was more interesting under Nocenti than Claremont.
    I need to learn more about this Nocenti series.

I need to learn more about this Nocenti series.
    It wasn't amazing. He had more motivation and wasn't as naive.

Ah, maybe my real opinion is that I hate the Outback team and Inferno is garbage. But that can't be unpopular!

Ah, maybe my real opinion is that I hate the Outback team and Inferno is garbage. But that can't be unpopular!
    Finally a contrarian with teeth. Why does Outback suck? I have my reasons but what are yours?

Finally a contrarian with teeth. Why does Outback suck? I have my reasons but what are yours?
    The change in the X-Men was interesting and Psylocke suits the team and the harder Storm well. Storm's reaction to the Marauders made sense, but the team was too disfunctional for me to enjoy. They came off more as jerks than flawed to me. The X-Men didn't all get along before then, but the fights didn't feel as petty.

It felt like Rogue's,development stopped. I missed Kitty and I hate Havok. He didn't have to work as hard as Psylocke and Rogue to get in the group, and frankly he wasn't as useful as either of them.

It also really bugs me they call Malice Polaris! Lol.

The change in the X-Men was interesting and Psylocke suits the team and the harder Storm well. Storm's reaction to the Marauders made sense, but the team was too disfunctional for me to enjoy. They came off more as jerks than flawed to me. The X-Men didn't all get along before then, but the fights didn't feel as petty.

It felt like Rogue's,development stopped. I missed Kitty and I hate Havok. He didn't have to work as hard as Psylocke and Rogue to get in the group, and frankly he wasn't as useful as either of them.

It also really bugs me they call Malice Polaris! Lol.
    Why would he need to work hard? He was an X-man much longer than any of them and even after leaving, he had been around them as Scott's brother and ally. He wasnt a villian like Rogue or stranger like Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would he need to work hard? He was an X-man much longer than any of them and even after leaving, he had been around them as Scott's brother and ally. He wasnt a villian like Rogue or stranger like Psylocke.
    Because they didn't know him or trust him. No one on that team had ever worked with him. Even in 145 and 146 they worked in parallel teams.

I did like that argument. Rogue says he's not with them and he says exactly what you did. That was a more interesting team argument.

They also couldn't trust him to use his powers. He was,still afraid of himself at that point. An interesting contrast to Betsy who wasn't as powerful, but was so confident and more okay with killing people.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-03-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Inferno is garbage
    whew this is a Fuego take ! Is it because of the Maddy retcon?

whew this is a Fuego take ! Is it because of the Maddy retcon?
    It's because the big fight between Jean and Maddy is a text dump and it starred the X-Terminators. Ugh and that damnable Phoenix Force.

Yeah, it's Maddy being evil all along. Inferno was a mess of the X-Men's own making. Poor communication, adultery, negelct, etc. You can see it in the lead up, but within the story a lot of the blame shifts to Mr. Sinister and we don't really get much info about him.

Maddy almost immediately turned evil after Scott left her, even to the point of abandoning her son to the Marauders with no remorse. That's nuts! She kind of redeems herself in Jean's mind fighting Sinister, but it was too much. Too evil too fast. Not only that, but she never got the chance to change her role. She's devasted to find out she was Sinister's brood mare. She says he can't control her, but after meeting him she commits to never being her own person again. She's going to ruin Cyclops' life and when she can't she kills herself to spite Jean and Scott.

I hate Illyana's ending. Starting over isn't a reward. She tried to help Warlock and Magus messed up Limbo. Xavier (not willingly) and the X-Men and Kitty left her behind and she started losing her war with Sym. She spent her whole New Mutants career wishing she could be a good person. It's a shame she resets in Inferno, not realizing she wasn't evil at all. I was disappointed. She didn't get the support she needed. At least that The Right guy told Colosuss it was his fault, but then he leaves her again a six year old who can't speak with the New Mutants?? What is wrong with him!? They were wandering around the blown up mansion in Excalibur!

Oh!! And they retconned the Storm vs Cylops fight! Maddy cheated!

Lol I get it. Firey take on Inferno?
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-03-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It's because the big fight between Jean and Maddy is a text dump and it starred the X-Terminators. Ugh and that damnable Phoenix Force.

Yeah, it's Maddy being evil all along. Inferno was a mess of the X-Men's own making. Poor communication, adultery, negelct, etc. You can see it in the lead up, but within the story a lot of the blame shifts to Mr. Sinister and we don't really get much info about him.

Maddy almost immediately turned evil after Scott left her, even to the point of abandoning her son to the Marauders with no remorse. That's nuts! She kind of redeems herself in Jean's mind fighting Sinister, but it was too much. Too evil too fast. Not only that, but she never got the chance to change her role. She's devasted to find out she was Sinister's brood mare. She says he can't control her, but after meeting him she commits to never being her own person again. She's going to ruin Cyclops' life and when she can't she kills herself to spite Jean and Scott.

I hate Illyana's ending. Starting over isn't a reward. She tried to help Warlock and Magus messed up Limbo. Xavier (not willingly) and the X-Men and Kitty left her behind and she started losing her war with Sym. She spent her whole New Mutants career wishing she could be a good person. It's a shame she resets in Inferno, not realizing she wasn't evil at all. I was disappointed. She didn't get the support she needed. At least that The Right guy told Colosuss it was his fault, but then he leaves her again a six year old who can't speak with the New Mutants?? What is wrong with him!? They were wandering around the blown up mansion in Excalibur!

Oh!! And they retconned the Storm vs Cylops fight! Maddy cheated!

Lol I get it. Firey take on Inferno?

I agree with this, I've always felt that Inferno should have been Maddie/Jean's story as in they were the main focus and in some ways they were, but looking back Inferno feels like it didn't live up to what it was suppose to do. Sure it took Maddie off the table which was their goal, but I always felt it could have given Jean the closure she needed from Maddie/Phoenix which occurred at the end but had no real stakes for me. I thought Maddie could have been presented in a way that gave her more agency, and as a whole I think way too many pieces were added which did not need to be which only adds to the clusterf#$%.

Maddy was supposed to be a reborn Jean all along and Claremont wanted that.

Claremont would not pair Scott with a woman who was identical to Jean in all aspects. Everybody mistook her for Jean. Lilandra, from a different species with different senses, fell for that as well. Also, if he really wanted to be a happy ending for Scott, it would logical not being with somebody who was the spitting image of his then deceased fiancé. And all those "coincidences"? Right... Sooner or later, there was going to be a "Ressurection" sort where Maddy would be revealed as a Phoenix creation of sorts.

Thing is, CC did not want X-Factor to happen and was upset by the Phoenix retcon being taken from his creative decisions.

Similarly, Hope was supposed to be a reborn Jean but someone changed minds during her journey.