Page 293 of 668 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 10015

Quote Originally Posted by lucasjacobus View Post
    Maddy was supposed to be a reborn Jean all along and Claremont wanted that.

Claremont would not pair Scott with a woman who was identical to Jean in all aspects. Everybody mistook her for Jean. Lilandra, from a different species with different senses, fell for that as well. Also, if he really wanted to be a happy ending for Scott, it would logical not being with somebody who was the spitting image of his then deceased fiancé. And all those "coincidences"? Right... Sooner or later, there was going to be a "Ressurection" sort where Maddy would be revealed as a Phoenix creation of sorts.

Thing is, CC did not want X-Factor to happen and was upset by the Phoenix retcon being taken from his creative decisions.

Similarly, Hope was supposed to be a reborn Jean but someone changed minds during her journey.
    No she wasnt. Claremont's intent was for Maddie to simply be a coincidence

Lilandra has the same senses we do and it as her vision that led her to mistake Maddie for Jean not anything specific to the Shi'ar

Frankly, I don't believe in Claremont about this, I like to think of this as an Ace in the hand... or else, what a crappy idea.

He’s not above a crappy idea.

I think that had Jean not been brought back. Marvel would have eventually made Maddie into Jean, but I definitely am not convinced that Claremont would have been the one to do that as that wasnt what he created her for. Even to this day, he's always spoken vehemently about his feelings in regards to Scott retiring with Maddie and his alternate scenarios he threw at Marvel when he learned X-Factor was going to be a thing and never have I heard that he suggested that they had made Maddie, Jean at that point, which would have preserved the pairing of Scott/Maddie that he created. He's also always been very strongly about wanting to preserve the sacrifice that was made in the DPS and I cant beleive he has been lying all these years if he intended to have his own cop out

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucasjacobus View Post
    Claremont would not pair Scott with a woman who was identical to Jean in all aspects.
    You would think that, but there are a lot of strange Marvel romances. Lilandra and Xavier fell in love through a headache.

I really don't know what's worse, Maddie being a coincidence or everything that came after.

Both are lazy and problematic ideas for different reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Why did Destiny go along with Mystique ‘s plan to assassinate Robert Kelly?

Shouldn’t her powers have showed her the future of Days of Future Past?

Penance shouldn't have been a "member" of Generation X.

She shouldn't have been Monet either.

She should've just been some other tragic mutant, liberated from Emplate and rehabilitated over time to be later placed back with whatever family was out there wondering where she'd gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why did Destiny go along with Mystique ‘s plan to assassinate Robert Kelly?

Shouldn’t her powers have showed her the future of Days of Future Past?
    Or it could be that assassinating RK had little to do with what causes DOFP? DOFP wasnt an offshoot from 616. It was from an alternate timeline in which the Phoenix Force had not died in the DPS. We dont know if assassinating RK in UXM would have led to the DOFP future or one similar to it. Rachel travelling to the 616 past in the mid 80s confirmed that the two were not linked and Destiny could have seen a bright future had RK been dead. We'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    I was at a convention once and Frank Paur was doing a panel. Frank was a storyboard artist on X-Men, then a director on Batman: TAS. A co-producer on Gargoyles. He was also the Supervising Director on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and you could hear a collective gasp holding from a few people in the audience when he said, and I quote: "The problem with X-Men was that the animation looked like crap."
    My issue with the Batman animation was that it's so simplistic and has very little detail.
    there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFlrd4buE4
    And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyEznrvuF8

Sure it's a "night and day" difference, but: Which one is actually better? each has aspects I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Penance shouldn't have been a "member" of Generation X.

She shouldn't have been Monet either.

She should've just been some other tragic mutant, liberated from Emplate and rehabilitated over time to be later placed back with whatever family was out there wondering where she'd gone.
    "Hollow" as she's called now is still out there, separate from the St. Croix girls. The final version is that she was some girl that was tough enough not to die when Emplate fed on her, and used to torture M by forcing her to feel Hollow's pain. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hollow_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-05-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My issue with the Batman animation was that it's so simplistic and has very little detail.
    there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFlrd4buE4
    And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyEznrvuF8
    Anybody who works in the industry will tell you that the Batman animation is better because it allows for more movement and fluidity. Animation is about movement and when a Korean animator has to draw Wolverine's body hair over and over, and every muscle line, the more detail you have, the slower, stiffer and more lifeless the animation is. It only really works to have hyper detailed models when you have the budget of a Disney movie and even then it's not a good idea.

Here it is!

BANNED

Anybody who works in the industry will tell you that the Batman animation is better because it allows for more movement and fluidity. Animation is about movement and when a Korean animator has to draw Wolverine's body hair over and over, and every muscle line, the more detail you have, the slower, stiffer and more lifeless the animation is. It only really works to have hyper detailed models when you have the budget of a Disney movie and even then it's not a good idea.

Here it is!

Even if it IS simpler to animate, I would still rather watch this...

than this...

And now I need to go throw up after reminding myself that CalArts abomination exists....

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Even if it IS simpler to animate, I would still rather watch this...
    That's a total straw man at this point. Frank Paur is discussing X-Men versus Batman TAS and Gargoyles in terms of animation at that panel. Both of those shows looked far better than X-Men.

BANNED

Some people don't know shit about animation. I bet they'll also say Spider-Man TAS looked better than Spectacular Spider-Man.

That's a total straw man at this point. Frank Paur is discussing X-Men versus Batman TAS and Gargoyles in terms of animation at that panel. Both of those shows looked far better than X-Men.
    This is one of those things where the PoV of an industry insider doesn't necessarily have the same priorities as a viewer. The detailed art in XMen told the story in a way that the less detailed art can't. Batman had a major habit of zooming in to show faces when people were emoting. Why? because it was hard to tell what their facial expressions were otherwise. The art just had that little detail. I get what he's saying about how movements were less fluid. But I don't personally see fluidity of movement as the most important aspect of the medium.

It's also one of the things you notice in Dragon Ball Super. The level of animation detail is just that high.
    Original DBZ Goku vs Broly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNS_Wdk4qFM
    Dragon Ball Super remake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpjILd0sYg

Sure, avoiding unnecessary detail is useful, but at some point it just looks bland.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-05-2020 at 03:01 PM.