Page 295 of 668 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 10014
    Astonishing Member

How did we get to thinking the animation of the 80 was better then what we have now ? While it migh not make good screen shots the more cartoonish art style let's animations pull off more visual gags and create cleaner motion. 80's was used to imitate the toys because we didnt have laws on marketing to kids yet and the toys drove sales and the story

Of all the topics to drive ACTUAL conflict in this thread: ANIMATION. hahahaha

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The DuckTales reboot is a masterpiece while the original didn’t age well at all.
    Yeah, I have to agree. There's a certain charm about the old DuckTales that I still like (and a lot of nostalgia), but I think the new series is better, and not just because the voice cast is insanely good.
    Make Good Art

BANNED

i can finaly say it since we out of the woods, but sans bunn's work, the inhuman books were better before and after IvX than the x-men ones, Royals was a really interesting exploration of inhuman themes and before death of the inhumans, there was a lot of potential and i was starting to get invested cause x-men comics were dreadfull unless i was focusing on characters I stanned

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i can finaly say it since we out of the woods, but sans bunn's work, the inhuman books were better before and after IvX than the x-men ones, Royals was a really interesting exploration of inhuman themes and before death of the inhumans, there was a lot of potential and i was starting to get invested cause x-men comics were dreadfull unless i was focusing on characters I stanned
    Are you being possessed by Mosaic right now?

(I agree that the Inhumans Resurrxion books were better than the X-Men ones but Soule's stuff was as dreadful as Lemire's phoned in work)

BANNED

Teen Titans Go gets nominated for Best Cartoon at the KCAs each year. The DuckTales reboot is a masterpiece while the original didn’t age well at all.

Then you have all the other cartoons that aired over the last year and deal with significantly heavier themes and are much deeper than your ‘80s schlock like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star vs Forces of Evil, the Avatars, etc.
    CLAREMONT hasn't aged well, either. Yes, I said it. Whenever those scans get posted I can hardly make it through without cringing at how bad and over the top the dialogue can be (and that's before getting into the really weird shit Claremont did, like the leprechauns).

And not ONE of those cartoons you mentioned ARE EVEN 80s CARTOONS, so I don't know WTF the point is you're even trying to make.

(and that's before getting into the really weird shit Claremont did, like the leprechauns).
    I, on the other hand, feel the X-men books could use more Leprechauns.

You don't even need banshee in the story. Just leprechauns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    CLAREMONT hasn't aged well, either. Yes, I said it. Whenever those scans get posted I can hardly make it through without cringing at how bad and over the top the dialogue can be (and that's before getting into the really weird shit Claremont did, like the leprechauns).
    Not sure what Claremont has to do with anything, but DuckTales is more comparable to X-Men TAS anyway. Both are shows adapated from seminal works (in the case of DuckTales, Carl Barks) but are too restrained by their budget and target audience. DuckTales reboot, on the other hand, is what a new X-Men cartoon should aspire to be.

And not ONE of those cartoons you mentioned ARE EVEN 80s CARTOONS, so I don't know WTF the point is you're even trying to make.
    The shows I mentioned are all the great cartoons made over the last decade that are better than fucking G.I. Joe lol.

I'm kind of sad marvel seems to take a "one or the other" stance when it comes to the inhumans and x-men...Inhumans could really be a fascinating property if they were cared for by the offices and not pushed solely out of spite for another studio or whatever nonsense

their name is kind of sullied atm thanks to readers feeling for the most part rightfully slighted and that flop tv series....but I hope they get a House of X treatment within the next five years. They need some TLC. A little prestige.

Are you being possessed by Mosaic right now?

(I agree that the Inhumans Resurrxion books were better than the X-Men ones but Soule's stuff was as dreadful as Lemire's phoned in work)
    Nothing Panic's office put out before IvX holds a candle to the man, the legend, the King, tHe GoD, JAMES FUCKIN' ASMUS!!!
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 05-06-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay so I just read her wiki page and it......doesn't mention ANY of those "finale version" details, so when/where did they actually establish that?
    Hmmm the article is a bit oddly worded since it is written more in-universe that out of universe. In the notes section it talks about how the original plan was for her to have always been a different person. It also talks about how the end of her story in Gen-X had her separated from the St. Croix girls and then she went on to do other stuff without them.

The Inhumans took Al Ewing and in fact Ahmed won an Eisner for his Black Bolt.

The X-Men took X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold and Generation X. Yikes.

But in my opinion, Uncanny Inhumans was never a good series. The Inhumans improved AFTER IvsX.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    How did we get to thinking the animation of the 80 was better then what we have now ? While it migh not make good screen shots the more cartoonish art style let's animations pull off more visual gags and create cleaner motion. 80's was used to imitate the toys because we didnt have laws on marketing to kids yet and the toys drove sales and the story
    Frank Paur, who did storyboards on X-Men TAS before directing for Batman, producing Gargoyles, and then being the Supervising Director of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes said that the animation on X-Men TAS was crap.

Somehow that resulted in people bitching about Thundercats of all things.

Eye Boy should be best friends with Mouth Boy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Inhumans took Al Ewing and in fact Ahmed won an Eisner for his Black Bolt.

The X-Men took X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold and Generation X. Yikes.

But in my opinion, Uncanny Inhumans was never a good series. The Inhumans improved AFTER IvsX.
    Royals was super cool it pained me to admit