Page 308 of 663 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I agree, but I'm going to drive it one point further I actually liked the peaceful resolution with the march even if the road taken to get to that point could have been written again.

Maybe it's a culture thing, but the last revolution we had in my country (Velvet Revolution of 1989) started with students chanting "we have empty hands" and holding flowers getting beaten up by police and the government supporting that police was more or less thwarted by people jiggling their keys in the streets. <- This is of course a bit of an overstatement as there were many outside forces such as the economic fall of the communist block etc. that helped, but the point is that a revolution leading to a major change doesn't always have to be bloody.
    The ending was good, the problem is that the way in which it is reached is very forced.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The ending was good, the problem is that the way in which it is reached is very forced.
    Yeah, then I agree. I wanted to write that the road taken there could have been written better, not sure why I wrote again, haha.

Maybe it would be cool to see that story written with having the plot planned out by Hickman and Bendis writing the character interactions?

I'm kind of disturbed that some fans here call humans flatscans unironically.

Extraordinary Member

I do hate how Frenzy killed X-Men nurse Sharon Friedlander, and never got in trouble for it.

Also, Toad killed X-Men ally Tanya Anderssen, and got away with it.

And these guys ended up joining the X-men long before Krakoa allowed the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister and the Marauders. (Though after Mystique, but she’s another story).

Wow, I didnt even realize Sharon was dead

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, I didnt even realize Sharon was dead
    Frenzy killed her in Uncanny X-Men #298.

Then she goes along with Magneto as an Acolyte and he never mentions it. Despite Sharon working years alongside Magneto at the X-mansion.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-09-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Frenzy killed her in Uncanny X-Men #298.

Then she goes along with Magneto as an Acolyte and he never mentions it. Despite Sharon working years alongside Magneto at the X-mansion.
    Assuming he even knew. He himself was presumed dead at the time and only pops up a few issues later in Fatal Attractions where he was lobotomized. He only appeared in like 3-4 issues and Sharon most definitely wouldnt have been a priority to react to

I know it's boring and I understand the need for personal costumes but I love the generic x-uniform that most characters get. It's one of my favorite looks in comics.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I do hate how Frenzy killed X-Men nurse Sharon Friedlander, and never got in trouble for it.
    Ditto. I love the character, but hate that specific thing.

Unfortunately, liking just about any X-character involves that sort of dichotomy. I like Cyclops, except for that time he bailed on his wife and son to hook up with an ex. I like Beast, except for every single second of his post-Avengers life. Etc.

Fantastic Member

Saw this on cbr and it reminded of a rumor I had heard before about the original plan to reveal Xavier and Magneto as brothers. I actually like the idea and still think it could have been done and kept Magneto's holocaust origin intact

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Saw this on cbr and it reminded of a rumor I had heard before about the original plan to reveal Xavier and Magneto as brothers. I actually like the idea and still think it could have been done and kept Magneto's holocaust origin intact
    I dont like that as it doesnt really add anything to either character. Their dynamic is strong and interesting without needing to be biological family.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like that as it doesnt really add anything to either character. Their dynamic is strong and interesting without needing to be biological family.
    Yeah I agree that's not an idea I care for either.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

None of it is really necessary but I think it adds an interesting dynamic to both characters so I like it. That's not how it played out but its not a bad idea

Astonishing Member

I'm still mad at how bad AvX art was.It was horrendous for such a momentous(or potentially so) arc.Second Coming,Age of X preceding it had great art but AvX ...no words

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm still mad at how bad AvX art was.It was horrendous for such a momentous(or potentially so) arc.Second Coming,Age of X preceding it had great art but AvX ...no words
    You must be talking about the tie-ins bc they main story had great art. Coipel and Kubert were steller. Romita Jr was the weakest of the bunch but it wasnt bad at all