Page 31 of 668 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Eh, respecting someone doesn't mean having a close friendship with them. 90% of Marvel treats Spider-Man with high respect(when they're not writing him as a bafoon).
    It probably makes less sense for Batman and Superman being close friends(especially how paranoid and a control freak Batman is) than Logan and Parker. I can argue that Logan respects Spidey more than most heroes do.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Emma is the very definition of what it means to be an X-Men
    i agree this is definitely an unpopular opinion of the x-universe. I actually hate when career villains change over to being heroes. its good to see she is on her way back to her true nature and being a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Considering she was a street kid, I don't think it was unreasonable she'd learned knife fighting to take care of herself. Remember she was almost raped as one point and killed her attacker in self defense. Just because she knew how to fight doesn't mean she went around stabbing people to get their wallets.
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i agree this is definitely an unpopular opinion of the x-universe. I actually hate when career villains change over to being heroes. its good to see she is on her way back to her true nature and being a villain.
    She's been a hero for way longer than she's been a villain though.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    She's been a hero for way longer than she's been a villain though.
    And she worked better as a villian then a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    And she worked better as a villian then a hero.
    Disagree, but this is the unpopular opinion thread.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The best writers of the time-displaced O5 so far: Hopeless > Bendis > Bunn

BANNED

Kitty Pryde is a queer baiting racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The best writers of the time-displaced O5 so far: Hopeless > Bendis > Bunn
    It took a crossover for Bunn to actually have them do anything.

There are wayyyyy too many white mutants. Mutants are a global phenomenon, white mutants should make up 10%, 14% tops. 1/7 mutants should be from India. More than 1/7 mutants should be Chinese.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Agreed. What is Mexico City's mutant scene like, or Tokyo? Shanghai, New Delhi, or Johannesburg should be hot beds of mutant activity. I desperately want a street level slice of life/Lower Decks type comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There are wayyyyy too many white mutants. Mutants are a global phenomenon, white mutants should make up 10%, 14% tops. 1/7 mutants should be from India. More than 1/7 mutants should be Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Agreed. What is Mexico City's mutant scene like, or Tokyo? Shanghai, New Delhi, or Johannesburg should be hot beds of mutant activity. I desperately want a street level slice of life/Lower Decks type comic.
    I suspect this has to do with the predominantly white American creators and readership during the prime years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I suspect this has to do with the predominantly white American creators and readership during the prime years.
    I can agree with this. I'd also add there's alot of non-white characters (alot of characters period as a whole) that fell by the wayside in the X-books. When was the last time Charlotte Jones, Edmund Atkinson or G.W. Bridge featured in the books? Or the Anarchist? Have the Dawn of the White Light Japanese version of the Brotherhood or the Children of the Vault been used since their initial storylines? Or more recently, Goldballs and Triage.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    I can agree with this. I'd also add there's alot of non-white characters (alot of characters period as a whole) that fell by the wayside in the X-books. When was the last time Charlotte Jones, Edmund Atkinson or G.W. Bridge featured in the books? Or the Anarchist? Have the Dawn of the White Light Japanese version of the Brotherhood or the Children of the Vault been used since their initial storylines? Or more recently, Goldballs and Triage.
    I think that has to do with the fact most of the white characters we see are iconic and made around the 60's-90's where alot of the popular and best stories were made with some of these characters at the forefront being written complex and interesting.
    Last edited by Victorian_Soul; 08-04-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So true. Never truly bought into the idea of a bunch of white mutants being persecuted for having powers. Who has it worst, Cyclops and Emma or Luke Cage and Sam Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So true. Never truly bought into the idea of a bunch of white mutants being persecuted for having powers. Who has it worst, Cyclops and Emma or Luke Cage and Sam Wilson.
    Exactly. When Emma or Cyke want mutant-only countries, it looses the actual social justice metaphors, and becomes more like a supremacist thing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!