Page 310 of 664 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 9959
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    Please retire "To me, my X-Men!" or any other dumb variation. It is such a lame catchphrase and I can not believe are writers are still having characters spout that dumb line.
    Well it’s the closest thing to “Avengers Assemble!” for them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    Please retire "To me, my X-Men!" or any other dumb variation. It is such a lame catchphrase and I can not believe are writers are still having characters spout that dumb line.
    It has its moment...for example when Scott used it with the Champions it sounded right (to me at least)...but it should be used sparingly.

Please don’t hurt me lol
    I don’t like Hickman’s take on the X-men. They are so out of character to me. I miss the days of them being heroes and so now I only re-read the old stuff lol.
    I hate this take on Mr. Sinister. I miss his original personality.
    I dislike the poly relationship that Hickman has introduced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Please don’t hurt me lol
    I don’t like Hickman’s take on the X-men. They are so out of character to me. I miss the days of them being heroes and so now I only re-read the old stuff lol.
    I hate this take on Mr. Sinister. I miss his original personality.
    I dislike the poly relationship that Hickman has introduced.
    This thread is for unpopular opinions.

I think that I have nothing left to rub on Wolverine fans faces. The running joke was Wolverine was sexually frustrated and angry because he couldnt sleep with Jean. But now that he has, anything I hung over them is gone. I cannot joke about it anymore. Wolverine and Jean are in a relationship and my boy is now Cuckoldclops. And I suspect this isn't even the real continuity and just another of moiras lives. But until that happens, if it happens, if it is a sick joke on Wolverines fans... Wolverine fans win. I hate Wolverine but he wins. He gets Jean and Cyclops can watch. I know this makes me sound 10 but I thought it was funny. I have less interest in the books now. I feel like nothing can surprise me now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I think that I have nothing left to rub on Wolverine fans faces. The running joke was Wolverine was sexually frustrated and angry because he couldnt sleep with Jean. But now that he has, anything I hung over them is gone. I cannot joke about it anymore. Wolverine and Jean are in a relationship and my boy is now Cuckoldclops. And I suspect this isn't even the real continuity and just another of moiras lives. But until that happens, if it happens, if it is a sick joke on Wolverines fans... Wolverine fans win. I hate Wolverine but he wins. He gets Jean and Cyclops can watch. I know this makes me sound 10 but I thought it was funny. I have less interest in the books now. I feel like nothing can surprise me now.
    You didn't figure out that Jean was doing both from the fact that in the Summer's residence on the moon that her bedroom was between Scott's room and Logan's room? I was just trying to figure out if they alternated nights, flipped a coin to had some other sort of schedule.

Fantastic Member

Suppose it is the normal universe, the life of Moira that really matters, great Jean and Logan have sex and then what will happen to them?
    they cannot marry because traditional marriage no longer matters on the island and among fans.
    they cannot be a traditional couple because sexual intercourse is accepted.
    Logan cannot kill her as with almost all his relationships because on the island they have overcome death.
    A night of sex without consequences is not possible because it would show that his is not love as almost all Logan fans mention.
    so what's next ...

BANNED

Unpopular opinion (at least on comic book internet forums, but probably not in general):

This kind of stuff is exactly why Cyclops should be kept away from Jean Grey (and any female characters that are meant to be characters in their own right).

This fragility is bad for the franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Unpopular opinion (at least on comic book internet forums, but probably not in general):

This kind of stuff is exactly why Cyclops should be kept away from Jean Grey (and any female characters that are meant to be characters in their own right).

This fragility is bad for the franchise.
    This isn't about the characters, the characters are just an excuse for the drama. If it wasn't this it'd be something else.

While I like the idea as a whole (and probably wouldn’t have such an issue with it if it were it’s own separate universe), I’m having a hard time reconciling Moira’s lives and the reality resets.

How is it that one, Earth-bound mutant is the lynchpin to all this? I mean, we’re not talking about resetting just mutant history; her deaths are resetting all of history, for the entirety of (assuming) 616, yes? Everything that happens across the universe, while the mutants on Earth are being exterminated, gets reset. All the cosmic forces in existence within 616...reset to a default period of time. And how are these resets not being detected by anything out there except, potentially, pre-cogs (which aren’t all mutants, but sparingly so)?

Obviously there is a great chance that there’s way more to be revealed how this works, but currently it’s the biggest problem I have with this status quo shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    While I like the idea as a whole (and probably wouldn’t have such an issue with it if it were it’s own separate universe), I’m having a hard time reconciling Moira’s lives and the reality resets.

How is it that one, Earth-bound mutant is the lynchpin to all this? I mean, we’re not talking about resetting just mutant history; her deaths are resetting all of history, for the entirety of (assuming) 616, yes? Everything that happens across the universe, while the mutants on Earth are being exterminated, gets reset. All the cosmic forces in existence within 616...reset to a default period of time. And how are these resets not being detected by anything out there except, potentially, pre-cogs (which aren’t all mutants, but sparingly so)?

Obviously there is a great chance that there’s way more to be revealed how this works, but currently it’s the biggest problem I have with this status quo shift.
    Your unpopular opinion is popular to me. Too much power has been given to this Moira character that has been once a simple and sympathetic woman. And she exists in a universe full of super-beings and cosmic forces that have reasons to be wary considering all the things they have been already put through…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yes it is one of those concepts that gets less enticing the more time you spend with it. Not only because you realise the scope of it and potential flaws. But also because how it shifts the importance and attention away from where it used to be.

In general I support the Starlin/Gruenwald structure of the MU. Stuff like Hickmans beyonders are fun short term but damages the MU in the long run. I think Marvel really handled this better before.

The same with Hickmans avengers run in that I enjoyed his mid/high mid introductions the most. Threats that feel belivable on scale considering the heroes. The map makers. Black swan and so on.

Hickamn is in thsi story dealing with beings that exist outside of time and space. Witch could just be 5th dimension beings. So Moira is in comparrision less important to them.

Still I want my X-men stories to be about the X-men. This is just a mutants story with the same limitations that Morrisons run had. When using X-men mutants it's focusing on the same old ones. The one I have grown bored with.
    Last edited by Malachi; 07-15-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

That's a plot point that was already addressed in Moira's 6th life (the one with the Librarian) and will come up later. She was kept alive and apart from the rest of the world exactly because the Homo Novissima of the time figured out her powers and were forcing her to stay alive until their ascension. But what happens when the big guns of the universe find out Moira has her power it's the big question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Your unpopular opinion is popular to me. Too much power has been given to this Moira character that has been once a simple and sympathetic woman. And she exists in a universe full of super-beings and cosmic forces that have reasons to be wary considering all the things they have been already put through…
    Yeah I’m also not the biggest fan of the Moira retcon for a number of reasons.

1) It eliminates the X-Men’s main human ally and ruins the Legacy Virus as an AIDS metaphor.
    2) Hickman could have easily set up the Krakoa status-quo another way. I’ve heard people suggest that Jean be the resurrecting mutant. He also could have had Xavier glimpse the future by looking into the O5’s minds when they were returned to the past.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m also not the biggest fan of the Moira retcon for a number of reasons.

1) It eliminates the X-Men’s main human ally and ruins the Legacy Virus as an AIDS metaphor.
    2) Hickman could have easily set up the Krakoa status-quo another way. I’ve heard people suggest that Jean be the resurrecting mutant. He also could have had Xavier glimpse the future by looking into the O5’s minds when they were returned to the past.
    Moira was comic book dead before this, so she hasn’t been the main human ally in a long time. The Legacy Virus stopped being an AIDS metaphor, once they found the cure.