Page 312 of 664 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 9959
    Amazing Member

I am so tired of marvel and x-men general being so all over the place with the prevalence of telepathy and telepathic defense. I want less telepathy and I want characters that already have another (usually much cooler) powerset(s) to lose their telepathy.
    Last edited by comicboy12; 07-17-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I am so tired of marvel and x-men general being so all over the place with the prevalence of telepathy and telepathic defense. I want less telepathy and I want characters that characters than already have another (usually much cooler) powerset(s) to lose their telepathy.
    Telepaths are to Marvel what speedsters are to DC.

Keep giving them absurd power-ups and then come up with lazy excuses why the story isn't over in two panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Has it ever been canonically mentioned how prevalent psychic powers are amongst mutants?

Which might segue into another “controversial opinion”: No More (New) Psychics!
    Among mutants where almost every mutant has a different power, the telepaths are the only ones that can be a homogenous group. They are like the elite, the aristocracy of the mutants.
    Most of them are indeed quite smug people…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Besides Quentin and the Cuckoos, and I guess Cassandra Nova, what other new telepaths have there been in the last 20 years?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Juggernaut helmet is iconic. Take that away and he ends up looking like a generic brute
    At least redesigning the helmet would help,they've done that for Cyclops' visor countless times ,don't know why Cain is stuck with the wok

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Besides Quentin and the Cuckoos, and I guess Cassandra Nova, what other new telepaths have there been in the last 20 years?
    I'm not sure but, I suspect the ghostly girl in the new Wolverine comic is a telepath,maybe her powers work differently like she doesn't project thoughts into your mind but hacks your mind to project them and visualise them yourself but I think she's a telepath.I thought Karma is a 'newer' telepath,that depends when she first appeared ,that I don't know...just confirmed she goes back to the 80s wow ..scratch her off then
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-17-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Martha, Maxime, Manon....3Ms!, Xorn I, Xorn II

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I've been thinking this may be what separates her from the human Moira for a reason, she might become a future enemy of the X-men (with or without Krakoa versions of the mutant race) and this whole thing is a set up to that end. She even distinguishes herself from Moira by being Moira X, and has been shown in a sinister light from the very start. In House of X the last shot of her a reincarnated baby was creepy AF.

I've said this a while ago and agree wholeheartedly. This was of course huge with the Moira retcon/reveal so if turning everything on its head was the plan then mission accomplished. But storywise having Jean reincarnate and resurrect would be huge as well. I could imagine her in the White hot room gathering fragments of the Phoenix or getting input from different Phoenix host about how in different incarnations of the Phoenix and mutant lives it doesnt work etc. I also think it would be more meaningful if someone else say Scott and Emma or the New Mutants and Generation X with Mondo and Cypher were the ones taking the lead in this while thing instead of Xavier and Magneto.

Pretty sure Claudine Renko is a strong telepath too.

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure there are some children of the vault telepaths,we'll see them as soon as x23,Darwin and Synch have their story told

I don’t know if this is unpopular but Beast is better as an Avenger than an X-man and I would love for him to return to that corner of the MU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I don’t know if this is unpopular but Beast is better as an Avenger than an X-man and I would love for him to return to that corner of the MU.
    X-men always depend on him to be the “smart guy.” Which puts him in situations.

With Avengers, he can let loose, because no one depends on him to be the smartest one.

His friendship with Wonder Man is also really fun, and I like the idea that one of the first X-men graduates and moves away.

I just feel the X-corner pushes him further and further into this idea of a morally dubious scientist that doesn’t really fit him,

Extraordinary Member

His friendship with Wonder Man is also really fun, and I like the idea that one of the first X-men graduates and moves away.

I just feel the X-corner pushes him further and further into this idea of a morally dubious scientist that doesn’t really fit him,
    Exactly...like I said above...he was the guy who brought the O5 out of time to confront current Cyclops....now he is becoming more amoral by the issue.

I would say to get him killed...have him cloned without all the chemical interference (his own x-gene cocktail, the things Artie's dad did to him, Infectia's kiss, etc...) so he is back in his non-furry body and he leaves Krakoa because he sees what he is becoming there.

I never noticed this until you put it in words but that explains why I enjoy him in more in Avengers titles.
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-17-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8