Page 313 of 664 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 9959
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I've said this a while ago and agree wholeheartedly. This was of course huge with the Moira retcon/reveal so if turning everything on its head was the plan then mission accomplished. But storywise having Jean reincarnate and resurrect would be huge as well. I could imagine her in the White hot room gathering fragments of the Phoenix or getting input from different Phoenix host about how in different incarnations of the Phoenix and mutant lives it doesnt work etc. I also think it would be more meaningful if someone else say Scott and Emma or the New Mutants and Generation X with Mondo and Cypher were the ones taking the lead in this while thing instead of Xavier and Magneto.
    I too agree ,I was hoping instead of rehashing the same old story on Maedelyne Prior ,Hickman could have his cake and eat it.Just say she is Jean from like life 9 or 6 she got corrupted by the Phoenix force,or better yet she was resurrected as per Greg Land in Uncanny #508 or thereabouts and got infected with the Phoenix,destroyed much of earth,was defeated by either the Children of the Vault or the Dominions themselves and stripped of her power.So now after having cosmic knowledge while she was Phoenix,she knows Moira's secret and wants to find the phoenix force in life 10.That would create intrigue.This whole business of no one knowing who Moira is is not interesting,sure Mystique has a hint something stinks but this delay is making everyone look idiotic and creates no stakes for Magnus or Xavier.It would be great drama if Magnus and X had to silence someone outside Krakoa who knew what Moira's game is.Maddie is the perfect avenue

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Besides Quentin and the Cuckoos, and I guess Cassandra Nova, what other new telepaths have there been in the last 20 years?
    Kwannon

10 characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Kwannon

10 characters
    She came back in 1993. 27 years ago.

But now she’s a character and not a Plot device and creative mistake.

I wouldnt count her. They pretty much just split Psylocke into 2 characters. She doesnt really feel original at all. Theres nothing that seperates her from the Psylocke we've been reading since Betsy returned to the X-men 10 years ago

Mighty Member

Shola and Astrid Bloom are newish post 2000 telepaths

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Y'all sleeping on No-Girl or what?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I already mentioned her

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I already mentioned her
    Talk about someone that should be at the top of the cloning list...Don't even need to download her mind into it...just clone it and transfer her mind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Talk about someone that should be at the top of the cloning list...Don't even need to download her mind into it...just clone it and transfer her mind.
    Have we seen the floating brain on Krakoa yet?

Because I want to be tricked as a reader, where we see this distinctive girl show up in the background for some issues. And then reveal it was Martha the whole time. In a body made by the Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Have we seen the floating brain on Krakoa yet?

Because I want to be tricked as a reader, where we see this distinctive girl show up in the background for some issues. And then reveal it was Martha the whole time. In a body made by the Five.

This was a reference to Ernst being a secret mole for Sinister to collect DNA samples so he could make a new body for No-Girl. This secret seems to allude that this plot point will be picked up and we may see Martha with a body, the first successful chimera

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I liked Besty returning to her original body but I'm really not into the Captain Britain thing. I would prefer something closer to Outback Betsy but more updated, of course.

I don't mind the idea of there being a Kwannon and Elizabeth being Psylocke.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I liked Besty returning to her original body but I'm really not into the Captain Britain thing. I would prefer something closer to Outback Betsy but more updated, of course.

I don't mind the idea of there being a Kwannon and Elizabeth being Psylocke.
    I believe that this was the original idea but that they were never able to really do anything with it. Psylocke was one of the coolest things about Decimation era X-Men, even going into Age of X-Men. But then Hickman was already coming, and they knew that, so they could do nothing with it.

And it's REALLY, REALLY disappointing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Honestly the bit with Martha being a brain in a jar is one of those things that you'd kinda want to fix I would think? It's just not something that makes sense to have as the status quo.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I never liked the name Daytripper, its up there with Britannic. I don't get the love and I don't care if its named after a Beatles song. I can't help but cringe now every time I hear that song.