Page 317 of 668 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 10018
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The whole Krakoan Language thing is wack. The characters still talk in english, and the language itself is just english. Using the same terms and words and... Everything but just changing the characters is not the same thing as a different language. Like, korean isn't just english words being written in hangul.

Plus, the idea that a country NEEDS its own language to have its own culture is just... Not it. Like, I'm brazillian and we definetely have a completely different culture from Portugal.
    It's a marketing thing, IMO, like Interlac for the Legion of Superheroes fandom. By putting snippets of information in a format where a reader has to work to translate it, you make them feel invested in that information once they get it. They put work in to get it, making it light up the reward centers in your brain when you get it. Even if it's the sort of information that you would not have found particularly compelling if it were written in regular text, your brain has tricked you into thinking of it as a 'reward for work done,' and you now value it more highly. It's the same reason why some religious texts are written as parables, to engage the reader and make him feel some sense of 'owning' the message. He's just not having information poured into him, but he's having to tease out the meaning for himself, and since the answer is now coming from in his own brain, he feels like it's more valuable (and trustworthy) than something somebody else told him.

It's all clever marketing, and I loved it, as a Legion fan, and have zero interest in translating it for myself in the case of Krakoan, and just read other people's translation, 'cause I'm way too old for this stuff.

In-story, it also has all sorts of potential for shenanigans. What if it is later revealed that Krakoan language doesn't have words to describe some very specific things that Xavier doesn't want people thinking / talking about? Has more words to describe (and precisely describe) things he *does* want people thinking and talking about? It could be part of a huge thought control scheme, like something out of 1984, where certain words have their meanings changed, and other words are deleted entirely, while new words are coined, all to manipulate the people using this language and render them incapable of articulating or communicating ideas that the government doesn't want to spread. We've seen no evidence of that, yet, but I'd hardly put it past Xavier. He's pretty clever, and can tap into Cypher's linguistic abilities telepathically, if he needs help Tolkeining up a new language (granted, this is comic books, so it shouldn't matter that he's never studied linguistics, since comic-book scientists are just arbitrarily good at *everything*, but I like fishing for that No Prize).

Extraordinary Member

Just to touch on some of the comments about cloning and them being in undamaged, original bodies...

Maybe Scott can turn his beams on and off...the visor just gives him more fine control

Emma Frost gets her original nose back...but has Masque on call before she goes out in public

The are virgins when they get hatched...same with when a cylon downloads into a new body

Uncircumcised...I am trying not to think about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just to touch on some of the comments about cloning and them being in undamaged, original bodies...

Maybe Scott can turn his beams on and off...the visor just gives him more fine control

Emma Frost gets her original nose back...but has Masque on call before she goes out in public

The are virgins when they get hatched...same with when a cylon downloads into a new body

Uncircumcised...I am trying not to think about it.
    No, you’re right.

Also Emma loses her breast implants. Daken loses his tattoos.
    People have to get their wisdom teeth taken out again, etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No, you’re right.

Also Emma loses her breast implants. Daken loses his tattoos.
    People have to get their wisdom teeth taken out again, etc.
    Tonsils, appendixes, Wolverine has to get his adamantium re-implanted every time. So much weirdness.

Plus how a person develops is affected by nutrition and environment growing up, so some might be taller or in better shape, after being wished into an adult body by Tempus/Proteus, if they grew up poor, or got sick a few times as a child, which ate up some resources that could have gone into bone growth.

There's a part of me that wishes Karma or Hellion would snuff it, just so that they could come back with a full complement of limbs.

Too bad there's no amount of being killed and resurrected that will fix whatever is wrong with Quire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Tonsils, appendixes, Wolverine has to get his adamantium re-implanted every time. So much weirdness.

Plus how a person develops is affected by nutrition and environment growing up, so some might be taller or in better shape, after being wished into an adult body by Tempus/Proteus, if they grew up poor, or got sick a few times as a child, which ate up some resources that could have gone into bone growth.

There's a part of me that wishes Karma or Hellion would snuff it, just so that they could come back with a full complement of limbs.

Too bad there's no amount of being killed and resurrected that will fix whatever is wrong with Quire.
    Considering Elixir regrew Prodigy's heart in Limbo...I am confused by he has not regrown limbs for them...other that "it's in the script"

Extraordinary Member

Morlocks especially would come back healthier.

Also someone like the Morlock Annalee would come back in their prime age and peak body.

I’m not sure if I could handle “hot” Annaleee, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Morlocks especially would come back healthier.

Also someone like the Morlock Annalee would come back in their prime age and peak body.

I’m not sure if I could handle “hot” Annaleee, lol.
    I made that sort of comment about Crimson Commando, Super Sabre and Stonewall in a "who hasn't been resurrected" thread. Bring back older mutants in younger bodies.

Tonsils, appendixes, Wolverine has to get his adamantium re-implanted every time.
    "Dammit Wolverine! You think adamantium is easy to come by?"

Considering Elixir regrew Prodigy's heart in Limbo...I am confused by he has not regrown limbs for them...other that "it's in the script"
    I don’t think the writers were bothered much by these kind of details.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Yeah, just silly. Elixir, or Triage, at full power, should be able to regrow limbs for Karma, Hellion, Forge or even Cable, but that would change the look of those characters significantly, and no amount of wild cosmic comic book super-powers are allowed to make any sort of lasting change to a character.

Ooh, hot Morlocks (something they could have always done, thanks to Masque), or young Crimson Commando, Super-Sabre, etc. Neat ideas for a post-Crucible X-verse! Get some young Destiny action for Mystique, if the 'Moira secretly runs everything' situation ever changes.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, just silly. Elixir, or Triage, at full power, should be able to regrow limbs for Karma, Hellion, Forge or even Cable, but that would change the look of those characters significantly, and no amount of wild cosmic comic book super-powers are allowed to make any sort of lasting change to a character.

Ooh, hot Morlocks (something they could have always done, thanks to Masque), or young Crimson Commando, Super-Sabre, etc. Neat ideas for a post-Crucible X-verse! Get some young Destiny action for Mystique, if the 'Moira secretly runs everything' situation ever changes.
    Yeah, I’m already preparing for young hot Destiny for Krakoa endgame.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC...Cable isn't missing limbs...they are just infected with the techno organic virus...there was a Cable and X-Force series that showed him without the virus and he had a scrawny arm. Could not find a pic...but think Shwarzenegger with Steve Buscemi's left arm.

Speaking of which, how did Bishop lose his cybernetic arm and get a flesh one?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Speaking of which, how did Bishop lose his cybernetic arm and get a flesh one?
    Wasn't it dismantled by Stryfe in Messiah war? Perhaps he was resurrected(after a death we don't know about) with one-kinda like Domino

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Wasn't it dismantled by Stryfe in Messiah war? Perhaps he was resurrected(after a death we don't know about) with one-kinda like Domino
    and he fixxed it as he still had it in Cable's series. Regardless, he still did not have a flesh arm. He couldnt have been restored via resurrection as he had 2 flesh arms in Uncanny X-men