Page 322 of 663 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 9936

I like the idea that Cyclops secretly has full control
    Of his powers. He likes being underestimated. Until he absolutely needs to, he keeps the control hidden. Xavier noted he no longer needed the visor (a gift from the Phoenix) during AvX. Until it’s stated otherwise, I feel this is still the case, but in secret.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    They could make it that the visor converts the energy output into different forms. So say xray vision or energy signature tracking, maybe converting the energy to heat lasers or freeze ray mode etc.

As far as the glasses. Maybe thats just to blend in better and hide the fact that his eyes are just ruby red colored orbs not like he's high all the time lol but somewhat like Wonderman
    Great idea, absolutely, Forge creating an advanced visor like that would really make Cyclops a much cooler Xman with a diverse power set

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    They could make it that the visor converts the energy output into different forms. So say xray vision or energy signature tracking, maybe converting the energy to heat lasers or freeze ray mode etc.

As far as the glasses. Maybe thats just to blend in better and hide the fact that his eyes are just ruby red colored orbs not like he's high all the time lol but somewhat like Wonderman
    Coolest visor he ever had was the one from his tenure as "Erik the Red". That one had matching gloves and made his optic blasts come out of the gloves.

Making every mutant into an ally is one of the worst decisions made by Hickman. It strips the X-Men of pretty much all of their interesting villains, so all that's left to fight is cringey Evil Russkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Making every mutant into an ally is one of the worst decisions made by Hickman. It strips the X-Men of pretty much all of their interesting villains, so all that's left to fight is cringey Evil Russkies.
    Is it that much an unpopular/controversial opinion?

I miss the opposition/difference between Xavier and Magneto… it strips something essential of their personality… and it’s quite boring.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Is it that much an unpopular/controversial opinion?

I miss the opposition/difference between Xavier and Magneto… it strips something essential of their personality… and it’s quite boring.

Well, I'm not sure how unpopular it actually is, but many fans on CBR seem to love everything about Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Every mutant is on a unified side, But clearly every mutant isn't a Ally. Apocalypse, Shaw, Mystique, Mr Sinster all have shown they are antagonist in stories. Every great X-men villian has been worn out to death Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Shaw and Hellfire club,etc giving them a rest while keep them in use is brilliant. Also this era is actively creating new villains and the line is badly in need of new villains the last impact villain created was Casandra Nova. Not very one needs to knock it out of the park but if say Orchis and Dr Gregor or Dr Devo become a big deal it is worth it, If the Dominion becomes a big deal it is worth it, If Villain(s) of X of swords become a big deal it is worth it.

Nothing is really lost, Krakoa isn't always going to be unified front on every issue. They are going to internal squabbles and fighting with the very interesting villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Every mutant is on a unified side, But clearly every mutant isn't a Ally. Apocalypse, Shaw, Mystique, Mr Sinster all have shown they are antagonist in stories. Every great X-men villian has been worn out to death Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Shaw and Hellfire club,etc giving them a rest while keep them in use is brilliant. Also this era is actively creating new villains and the line is badly in need of new villains the last impact villain created was Casandra Nova. Not very one needs to knock it out of the park but if say Orchis and Dr Gregor or Dr Devo become a big deal it is worth it, If the Dominion becomes a big deal it is worth it, If Villain(s) of X of swords become a big deal it is worth it.

Nothing is really lost, Krakoa isn't always going to be unified front on every issue. They are going to internal squabbles and fighting with the very interesting villains.
    Have they? This villians as allies is nothing new as it was what Fraction did in the Utopia era to a smaller degree and one of the biggest complaints of the X-line for years has been about getting rid of the classic villians. The characters you mention havent really been used in that capacity in quite some time so I wouldnt say they felt worn out going into Hickman's run. The likes of Selene, Empath, and the Mastermind sisters for example were underutilized with alot of untapped potential

Mighty Member

There's a lot of underlying (And Overt if you go back far enough) misogyny in Hickman's previous works, and it feels like it's coming out just as much in his X-men works.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    There's a lot of underlying (And Overt if you go back far enough) misogyny in Hickman's previous works, and it feels like it's coming out just as much in his X-men works.
    Can you give some examples in his other works? I'm not doubting you because he has definitely not been utilizing the full potential of the X-women so far.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Can you give some examples in his other works? I'm not doubting you because he has definitely not been utilizing the full potential of the X-women so far.
    Underlying, the most obvious examples would be his Ultimates work and some of his FF.

Overt, you gotta go with his early Image stuff. Nightly News in particular is BAAAAAAAD

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I mostly agree with this but I just can't get over how dumb the X-Men are going to look when Sinister betrays them. Even though Apocalypse is terrible he's sometimes portrayed as caring about the well-being of mutant kind, so I can understand allying with him (especially since he stayed with the X-Men for years in one of Moira's lives). On the other hand, Sinister has always been self-serving and even betrays them in one of Moira's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mostly agree with this but I just can't get over how dumb the X-Men are going to look when Sinister betrays them. Even though Apocalypse is terrible he's sometimes portrayed as caring about the well-being of mutant kind, so I can understand allying with him (especially since he stayed with the X-Men for years in one of Moira's lives). On the other hand, Sinister has always been self-serving and even betrays them in one of Moira's lives.
    It is not that crazy to work with people who are actively also trying to bring you down. It happens in real life quite a bit I mean our political system is literally this right now. I think the X-men are well aware that these guys have their own best interests first.

I have no problem with anyone saying tho that X-men are being shown to be inept at watching villians for the sake of comicbook drama. It is baffling that X-force isn't monitor Krakoa internal threats. But it easier to write the X-men as a little inept to let drama happen. Krakoa has 1,000s of mutants at its disposal it makes no sense that Krakoa doesn't have all assets properly guarded or team selected to respond to something like current Genosha. X-men are being made to look a little worse than normal for drama and stories. You can argue they can have X-men be smarter and still accomplish these stories but they are tougher to write like that.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-19-2020 at 06:37 AM.

I have no problem with anyone saying tho that X-men are being shown to be inept at watching villians for the sake of comicbook drama. It is baffling that X-force isn't monitor Krakoa internal threats. But it easier to write the X-men as a little inept to let drama happen. Krakoa has 1,000s of mutants at its disposal it makes no sense that Krakoa doesn't have all assets properly guarded or team selected to respond to something like current Genosha. X-men are being made to look a little worse than normal for drama and stories. You can argue they can have X-men be smarter and still accomplish these stories but they are tougher to write like that.
    This is the biggest missed opportunity with Krakoa.

There really should have been a book dealing with the criminal elements on Krakoa itself as well as the political and legal maneuverings and backstabbings going on.
    You could steal the title from the old 2099 book and call it X-Nation.

Forge, Bishop Archangel, and Iceman would have been good for roles here.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It irritates me when people call Apocalypse blue. He's grey, his costume is blue.