Page 327 of 668 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 10013

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Unpopular you say? Well here goes.

To this day i do not understand what was the point of Iceman coming out as Gay after so many years of him being portrayed as heterosexual or why they need a teen version of Jean to ot him nor why she was involved in a conversation between him and his older self.

What was the point of Prodigy portrayed bisexual in Young Avengers to the current timeline? What was the payoff to that?

People need to stop ragging on Beast and Scarlett Witch, it has gone from annoying to downright offensive and Marvel should do everything they can to fix the mess they made.

The Victim card needs to stop being used when in correlation to the X-men.

Hickman's X-men are a cult now, not a team. It has my interest but there moments outside my comfort zone.

Xavier was wrong to mindwipe Richards and that will come back to haunt them.

Destiny will come back, be proven right and end Krakoa because it turns out Moira has gone crazy.

Well let the mockery and insults begin!
    Hopefully nobody feels the need to mock and insult you over some superhero comics lol.

I’m fine with Bobby being gay because some people do come out of the closet very late in life, but the way that it was done was stupid and tone deaf.

I don’t think Prodigy being bisexual takes anything away from the character so I don’t see the problem there.

I pretty much agree with the Beast and Scarlet Witch statement. They both need to complete some type of redemption arc ASAP.

I also was not a fan of the Richards mindwipe, but that whole mini-series was off to me.

Extraordinary Member

To this day i do not understand what was the point of Iceman coming out as Gay after so many years of him being portrayed as heterosexual or why they need a teen version of Jean to ot him nor why she was involved in a conversation between him and his older self.

What was the point of Prodigy portrayed bisexual in Young Avengers to the current timeline? What was the payoff to that?

People need to stop ragging on Beast and Scarlett Witch, it has gone from annoying to downright offensive and Marvel should do everything they can to fix the mess they made.

Hickman's X-men are a cult now, not a team. It has my interest but there moments outside my comfort zone.

Destiny will come back, be proven right and end Krakoa because it turns out Moira has gone crazy.

Bobby...agree. And Jean outing him was just wrong.

Prodigy's coming out...IIRC...was "my power made me that way"...Not that that is how he always identified.

As bad as what Wanda did was...she did it after so much mental and emotional trauma....but the X-Men have given a free pass to people who have done equally...or even more so...abhorrant things.

Beast...no excuse other than the writer wanted to take the guy who was so morally outraged and what Scott did and make him just as morally bankrupt

The writers...even if the editors need to force them...need to swing the pendulum of 'world that hates and fears them' back to the pre issue 200. When people were shown to be on their side.

What Charles did to Reed.....needs to not just come back to bite them in the butt...but take a huge chunk out of it.

Young Destiny definetely needs to come back...and Mystique needs to tear it all down.

BANNED

Wolverine and Jean should marry and have a child just to rub it into Scott's face. Then Wolverine and Jean should move away from all X-Men and founding a school together not only for human mutants but also intergalactic mutants with the alumnus of Jean Grey's School for Higher Learning as the teachers.

Destiny cannot be the "good girl" at the end of the current plot.

BANNED

I agree that the Beast and Wanda lifeless horse flagellation is extremely annoying. Stories that ham-fistedly go "this is who you should hate" are pretty lame in general.

Fantastic Member

Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Wolverine and Jean should marry and have a child just to rub it into Scott's face. Then Wolverine and Jean should move away from all X-Men and founding a school together not only for human mutants but also intergalactic mutants with the alumnus of Jean Grey's School for Higher Learning as the teachers.
    Didn't we get that in RYV?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hopefully nobody feels the need to mock and insult you over some superhero comics lol.

I’m fine with Bobby being gay because some people do come out of the closet very late in life, but the way that it was done was stupid and tone deaf.

I don’t think Prodigy being bisexual takes anything away from the character so I don’t see the problem there.

I pretty much agree with the Beast and Scarlet Witch statement. They both need to complete some type of redemption arc ASAP.

I also was not a fan of the Richards mindwipe, but that whole mini-series was off to me.
    We wouldn't e in this thread if it hadn't happened in others now eh?

Some friends i have in the community thought as much and did not care for the change nor the comics that followed in his brief solo series.

But what did it add to his character? And what gets me is that there is no sign of when it happens. At least with Iceman there are hints of it or so i am told but with David i looked and found nothing.

They do but who could write such a redemption arc that could convince everyone to stop with the needless hate?

Agreed, that mini was a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Destiny cannot be the "good girl" at the end of the current plot.
    Destiny shouldn't be a "good girl," period. She's a mutant terrorist. In her first storyline was about assassinating Senator Kelly, which caused the "Days of Future Past" event.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Destiny shouldn't be a "good girl," period. She's a mutant terrorist. In her first storyline was about assassinating Senator Kelly, which caused the "Days of Future Past" event.
    I can’t forget how she made Moira burn to death. It certainly doesn’t fit the definition of a nice person to me.

If Destiny wasn’t a “good girl” before, Hickman created a Destiny much more colder. But, then, all Hickman’s characters look cold to me. And when they express emotions, it looks artificial and overplayed.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

We wouldn't e in this thread if it hadn't happened in others now eh?

Some friends i have in the community thought as much and did not care for the change nor the comics that followed in his brief solo series.

But what did it add to his character? And what gets me is that there is no sign of when it happens. At least with Iceman there are hints of it or so i am told but with David i looked and found nothing.

They do but who could write such a redemption arc that could convince everyone to stop with the needless hate?

Agreed, that mini was a dumpster fire of epic proportions.
    I think the current X-Factor book is probably going to touch upon it at some point. Also do there really need to be “hints” for bisexual characters. All of their previous relationships are still valid.

Didn't Destiny only burn Moira because on that timeline she was creating a mutant cure or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Didn't Destiny only burn Moira because on that timeline she was creating a mutant cure or something like that?
    Would you do that?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Would you do that?
    Is it more worse than Moira joining up with Apocalypse and killing all the heroes?

Is it more worse than Moira joining up with Apocalypse and killing all the heroes?
    It isn’t about who is the worst person. It is about being able to go against your values and principles. We grow up with principles of right and wrong and they are ingrained in ourselves. I know that, even I’m very hungry, it would be hard for me to kill a chicken. Maybe, eventually, I would do it. But it won’t be a walk in the park.
    And with the values that are our own, we judge the others.

I wouldn’t burn a woman. It’s bad. Destiny can argue that she has a reason, it’s still bad… even if Moira has changed a lot since she has been revived.