Page 329 of 668 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 10013

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IIRC, Precogs were banned because they could unravel the entire @#$%ing thing, which is also why Blindfold hasn't been resurrected. It had NOTHING to do with what Destiny did to Moira. Even Moira herself can't stay because her presence could jeopardize it.
    I actually think Moira has an ulterior motive and she doesnt want Destiny back bc she would be able to see right through her. Pre-cogs can also forsee that which Moira cant have

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IIRC, Precogs were banned because they could unravel the entire @#$%ing thing, which is also why Blindfold hasn't been resurrected. It had NOTHING to do with what Destiny did to Moira. Even Moira herself can't stay because her presence could jeopardize it.
    Yeah but it still has everything to do with Destiny. Destiny was the one who had already seen the future, who knows about Moira's lives, who would(at least in Moira's mind) immediately **** everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but it still has everything to do with Destiny. Destiny was the one who had already seen the future, who knows about Moira's lives, who would(at least in Moira's mind) immediately **** everything up.
    True. Destiny also knows what she's looking for whereas Moira wouldnt necesarily be on anyone elses's radar

Illyana's name never really bothered me before I actually heard it pronounced in the New Mutants clips. Marvel should either change it to Ulyana or just Yana before her debut in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Illyana's name never really bothered me before I actually heard it pronounced in the New Mutants clips. Marvel should either change it to Ulyana or just Yana before her debut in the MCU
    Why does the name Illyana bother you?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why does the name Illyana bother you?
    It's not a name that exists in the Russian language.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is comics...for story purposes...yes. Yes I do.
    If we're talking about real life... probably. It will depend on the circumstances and the parties involved.
    It may be a fiction but not every decision a character makes is good. Walter White may be fictional but he remains a bad guy. You're allowed to think characters are evil in stories. That's why the X-men fought them. They're not supposed to condone torture and murder.

Burning someone alive in the real world is maybe here? Really?

All right, I understand. Aftor so many years, it seems a bit late, I think…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    All right, I understand. Aftor so many years, it seems a bit late, I think…
    Yeah, I doubt Marvel cares enough anyway. If it was up to me I'd change the surname as well. While Rasputin is an actual Russian name, it's quite an unfortunate one to have, since it supposedly originates from "rasputnyi" (slutty).

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It may be a fiction but not every decision a character makes is good. Walter White may be fictional but he remains a bad guy. You're allowed to think characters are evil in stories. That's why the X-men fought them. They're not supposed to condone torture and murder.

Burning someone alive in the real world is maybe here?
    Really?
    No.

Because it is fiction, and everyone can grasp that it is.

It is no different than Jesse lighting Jody on fire and murdering him in cold blood in Preacher. It presents no real moral issue in the context of the story taking place in the imaginary world of the specific pieces of fiction.

Its not a big deal. People make up names that didnt previously exist all the time. Assume this happened with the Rasputins

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually think Moira has an ulterior motive and she doesnt want Destiny back bc she would be able to see right through her. Pre-cogs can also forsee that which Moira cant have
    Agree, Moira is being super fishy, like we know she has an axe to grind with Destiny, but she has banned ALL precogs, I don't know that many beyond blindfold and Destiny but are they all super powerful like Destiny in terms of clairvoyance? I'd think at least a precog who can see imminent not far off events would be a great asset but no.Moira is being fishy

Its not a big deal. People make up names that didnt previously exist all the time. Assume this happened with the Rasputins
    Considering her background, it's very unlikely that a family such as hers would give their child a non-Russian name, especially one that sounds very similar to Ulyana, a name that actually exists. Making up non-existing names is very uncommon in Russia in general, let alone in Siberia.

Considering her background, it's very unlikely that a family such as hers would give their child a non-Russian name, especially one that sounds very similar to Ulyana, a name that actually exists. Making up non-existing names is very uncommon in Russia in general, let alone in Siberia.
    Consider them the exception

Consider them the exception
    Bottom line is, no Russian person in their right mind would come up with "Illyana". It sounds weird to a Russian ear which is why the Russian translations always change it to Ulyana.