Page 337 of 668 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 10014

The cure should exist but not like this, i understand what you are trying to say but the way you say it... it sounds like "If you dont want to be attacked or maybe killed, take this pill" He shouldnt be persecuted in the first place.

A mutant should take the cure if he feels that his mutation is making the social interactions with humans and mutants difficult for him.

"I want to fit" sounds bad but if you want to have a familiy...well...being Billy the "Insect face" doesnt add points.
    100 pct agree. In retrospect, I probably wrote my dissertation for effect. But you are right. In an ideal world the humans wouldnÂ’t persecute. But ultimately if a cure is available, and an individual mutant wants it, that individual should not be prevented by other mutants from taking it. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not my decision to make but I'd side eye anyone that does. Skin bleaching is a thing and comes with its own set of criticism and judgement. The solution to racism shouldnt be to completely change your physical self in order to make the racists feel more comfortable about their lives. Doing so validates their hate and invalidates you as a person. Thats my opinion and no one needs to agree with that
    100 pct agree with everything you said. The solution to racism shouldnÂ’t be to completely change your physical self. But if thatÂ’s what an individual wants to do, then I think they should be able to. And I have no issue with your side eye either. As Long as youÂ’re not preventing anyone from doing what they feel is best for them, then IÂ’m okay with that. And I have the utmost respect for anyone who chooses for themselves not to change for anybody, whether mutation, race, orientation, religion, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Eyeboy is fine with himself and has fully embraced his abilities. He doesnt have the negative association with his powers that some others do. For him to remove that would be to conform and its not right that he should feel that terrible about how he is viewed that he would need to resort to that. The problem is the people that would mistreat him, not him
    ThatÂ’s great for Eye Boy. I love positive mutants. The only issues IÂ’ve read with him are the two X-Factor issues that have come out so far and he won me over with issue 2. Other characters may not feel the same way and they should given the choice of what to do with their bodies.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Having multiple eyes, a shark for a head, or a tongue the length of jump rope may not be harmful biologically but it is a recipe for social isolation (among humans). That's my point, whether they're medically sound or not is irrelevant, it's the interpersonal ramifications that average mutants would consider when getting a cure.

Eye Boy isn't suffering because he found the X-Men and fraternizes primarily with those like him. The existence of a subculture for freaks is a hallmark of what makes the X-Men franchise what it is. A person like Eye Boy would struggle immensely in human society and as such can only really find acceptance among his own people.

And if for whatever reason he decided he was sick of the attacks on Krakoa and wanted to live a "normal" life he should have the option to get a cure for his mutation from a trusted source. That's not saying every mutation is bad, simply that some are more difficult to live with than others. There would need to be regulations in place so that those who choose to live with their X-gene can do so, but a cure in and of itself is not "genocide" or "erasure".
    But would the cure remove the physical appearance? IIRC after M-Day there were former mutants who no longer had their powers but still had their physical appearance like Artie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But would the cure remove the physical appearance? IIRC after M-Day there were former mutants who no longer had their powers but still had their physical appearance like Artie.
    Different cures seem to work differently. Some have made them 100% human appearing, others have just stripped the powers and left the appearance alterations, and some seem to get the worse of both worlds (like Blob losing his powers and a ton of fat, but still having all sorts of extra skin and stuff, because that's apparently how Wanda's power works, in the most unpleasant/traumatic/horrible way that Bendis can think of...).

It's be up to the writer, I suppose. Someone like the High Evolutionary, or a process like the resurrection protocols growing them a new non-mutant body *should* be able to change both powers and appearance. Something like Forge's mutant-power-stripping ray gun, or Dr. Kavita Rao's 'Hope' cure probably wouldn't have that same kind of ability to rewrite a person's physiology (although they might change over months and years, 'growing' into the new form, if their DNA is changed).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You cant look at one "cure" and apply it to every situation. When the High Evolutionary shut off the X-gene in the late 90s, it did remove physical changes. We saw the Blob become thin, Mystique and Nightcrawler lost their blue skin, Marrow lost her bones, etc... That obviously wasnt the case with Wanda's spell

Didn't Beak become human-looking after losing his powers in M-Day? I guess it's just not consistent.

Is it a controversial opinion to just not get and/or care for Sinister?

Granted, I missed out on his early years in the 80s with Claremont at the helm, but from what I've read in the last 10+ years he just seems like an evil Multiple Man who clones mutants and gets off on genetics experiments but hasn't actually been relevant as a villain or in the X-narrative at large this entire time. The way he was written in HOX/POX, he might as well have rolled his shit into little balls and ate crayons.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

There is too many blue peeps with yellow eyes now, and now that beast is more cat like instaed of ape like he has the yellow eyes and now banshee has the yellow eyes blue skin AND pointy ears. Nightcrawler had a different shade of blue than Mystique, Archangel and Beast now they have almost the same blue shade too. If someone saw Banshee in his death seed form they would think he was NCs brother.

I still dont like Betsy as Cap Britain and I think it makes sense for her to be Psylocke again since that was her original code name and it would make sense for Kwannons name to be Kwannon because that was her original codename. I imagine someone not as familiar with X-Lore would just be more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Is it a controversial opinion to just not get and/or care for Sinister?

Granted, I missed out on his early years in the 80s with Claremont at the helm, but from what I've read in the last 10+ years he just seems like an evil Multiple Man who clones mutants and gets off on genetics experiments but hasn't actually been relevant as a villain or in the X-narrative at large this entire time. The way he was written in HOX/POX, he might as well have rolled his shit into little balls and ate crayons.
    Does Mad Scientist have to be something more than Mad Scientist? Last 10 years he has become entertainingly flamboyant mad scientist. World Conquerors gonna conquer, Mad Scientist gonna mad science. I am not sure what you are looking for exactly. Sinister shows up does mad science and be entertaining and then disappear what more are your really looking for him do?

I actually preferred Sinister when he was less flamboyant and more ... sinister. I've also never really cared for Sinister having tons of clones of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I actually preferred Sinister when he was less flamboyant and more ... sinister. I've also never really cared for Sinister having tons of clones of himself.
    I agree completely. Gillen's Extinction team was completely underbaked and overhyped, AvX or not. And his Sinister retcons ridiculous.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoy reading the more flamboyant Sinister. I also appreciate that they seem to be moving away or downplaying his former Cyclops obsession. I like Scott, but I never really understood why Sinister would be so concerned about him when there are so many more powerful mutants out there. Like, does Sinister just have a normcore fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I enjoy reading the more flamboyant Sinister. I also appreciate that they seem to be moving away or downplaying his former Cyclops obsession. I like Scott, but I never really understood why Sinister would be so concerned about him when there are so many more powerful mutants out there. Like, does Sinister just have a normcore fetish?
    If I remember correctly a time traveling Cyclops and Jean Grey were the first mutants Sinister ever encountered.

Rachel Summers becoming a hound isnt a commentary on women having to keep their place, it was actually considered a hate crime towards mutants, and the obvious male ones too should be a dead give away if not the original intent of story itself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As I understand it, he's got an obsession with the fact that Jean has psionic powers that ramp up exponentially without limit, if paired with the right power source (like the Phoenix Force), and Scott has a permanent portal to a dimension of unlimited infinite free energy (the 'punch' dimension). He wants a kid who has both of those things, a power that scales to unlimited degree with the right powersource *and* an unlimited powersource. All the power.