Page 340 of 668 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 10014

People who consider anything "Not as Claremont would have written it" OOC are the worst of the fandom. Characters cannot change or evolve, they have to always be as Claremont would have written them in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    People who consider anything "Not as Claremont would have written it" OOC are the worst of the fandom. Characters cannot change or evolve, they have to always be as Claremont would have written them in the 80s.
    I loved Claremont's stuff but I'm with you on this. If you want nothing but Claremont's interpretation well, that's why we got X-Men Forever.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I loved Claremont's stuff but I'm with you on this. If you want nothing but Claremont's interpretation well, that's why we got X-Men Forever.
    I love Claremont too but we had decades of Claremont's stuff. The editorial line and the characters can (and should) explore new approaches, new possibilities. Some characters are no longer like Claremont envisioned them because many years have passed without him. You may like it or not like it but it is not OOC.

It's pretty ridiculous when people consider OOC things that have been a certain way for 15 years because 30 ago they weren't.

I love Claremont too but we had decades of Claremont's stuff. The editorial line and the characters can (and should) explore new approaches, new possibilities. Some characters are no longer like Claremont envisioned them because many years have passed without him. You may like it or not like it but it is not OOC.

It's pretty ridiculous when people consider OOC things that have been a certain way for 15 years because 30 ago they weren't.
    I agree completely and to be honest, Claremont's more modern stuff, like X-Treme X-Men, was not great, pretty good but kinda predictable. As an Aussie I did enjoy that the villain was named Bogan though.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously. Agreed 100%
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. Agreed 100%
    Ditto. It's been holding the franchise back for 40 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Post some evidence please beyond vague feelings.
    I don't have to. It's fascinating how people will say except admit what they're doing is going too far.

They are expecting him to betray Krakoa because he's a villain and we are anticipating it because he's entertaining in a "love to hate" way which is the only way we will "side" with him. We still want him to get what's coming to him though.
    And they'll turn on Krakoa as if they never supposed it in the first place. It'll be like being a Republican after George W Bush.

Now you're just making this up.
    Just calling it as a I see it. When people idolising fictional monsters for inspiration in the real world it's time to double check what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ditto. It's been holding the franchise back for 40 years.
    40 years ago Lord Claremont was just getting started building the franchise up to the best in the industry(still not exceeded to this day)....?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! ...Claremont who?
    It's 2020... there's no one here by that name.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

X-men Forever proved why Claremont shouldn't be allowed to just do whatever he wants. That series was a mess.

Mostly people who's favorite character aren't perfect and the center of the X-Men anymore, just like I miss Morrison, Whedon and Gillen because during their runs Cyclops was amazing.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well can only go by X-twitter for now. So I guess it's unpopular or controversial that I think it's good Wolverine is getting a new arch enemy. His previous one is washed up & imo doesn't represent what an arch foe should be.

But in the last few hours of this announcement, 98% of the responses have been negative with many hating the disrespect to Sabretooth. HA! as if that wasn't a thing until just now. lol To a lesser extent, Omega Red & Deathstrike have been mentioned as passed over.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1303785246983413761

But I can only scoff, laugh, and ask where were all these "fans" before. Prior to this announcement, nobody cared about Creed. Hell he's been gone almost a year without a peep from anyone -comic or fan wise.

I think majority of the complaint is nostalgia bias talking.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-09-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well can only go by X-twitter for now. So I guess it's unpopular or controversial that I think it's good Wolverine is getting a new arch enemy. His previous one is washed up & imo doesn't represent what an arch foe should be.

But in the last few hours of this announcement, 98% of the responses have been negative with everyone wondering what happened to, or what was wrong with, Sabretooth.
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1303785246983413761

And can only scoff, laugh, and ask where were all these "fans" before now. Prior to this announcement, nobody cared about Creed.
    I don't think he is washed up but I do think that he is poor archenemy for Wolverine now. Just in the same Dr Doom is also a poor archenemy for the FF now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nope. Washed up is about right. lol That's why he is where he is right now.

Nothing of note has been done with him, and there were only 4 Marvel writers who cared him enough to do anything decent with him & 2 of those did it with him being an extra or cameo is someone else's book..

Non-washed up characters don't job to everyone & their sister, get the worst fight showings possible, killed twice in 1 year, embarrassed & thrown in the trash with a contrived, half-assed story execution, and go erased from existence for 11 months & counting. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-09-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Then, Unpopular Opinion:
    Out-of-charaterization is just out-of-characterization. It’s not evolution.
    Evolution would mean that characters change but stay in-character. It would be a plausible, credible evolution.
    And it’s a natural phenomenon: times change, authors change… of course, fictional characters change…

And I’m fine with it… as long as it’s as good as it was.
    And for me, it’s not the case with the current run: characters lack the depth, the humanity they had.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe