Page 346 of 655 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Either way a story like Logan would be impossible in a world where when Logan dies he just pops up in a tree egg in a few minutes totally fine.
    Yeah, if that was your point, then I totally agree.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Either way a story like Logan would be impossible in a world where when Logan dies he just pops up in a tree egg in a few minutes totally fine.
    You actually have a pretty excellent point there about how a different status quo can allow completely different stories to happen. It really speaks to the wisdom of kicking the table over periodically in serialised storytelling that could effectively go on forever, rather than just doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

A story like Logan is always going be impossible in the comics because we know they bring back popular characters within the next 2-5 years.

Hey, I don't know if I ever shared some unpopular ideas that came from the group I belong to...

Well, I'm a part of a Marvel fan project (lotta fans involved) for creating an animated series based on the opinions of fans, for our favorite Marvel heroes. So ideas we wished or feel should have been done in canon, is now brought to life by hobbyist artists and animators, and we have the guidance of a former animation instructor, to help shape our ideas into a cohesive narrative. As we asked our focus group (now about... 6500 in total) some opinions for the X-Men, and here were some interesting opinions:

-Don't refer to anything created by Grant Morrison, his ideas have ruined a lot of subsequent stories, and the X-Men need to get back to their roots, and rebuild.

-NO MORE LOVE TRIANGLES. Many in our focus group are haters of the love triangles, while some actually enjoyed them... whatever lol

-Michael Bendis is the biggest idiot of the X-Franchise. (I don't think that's controversial? I mean, I've yet run into a Bendis fan)

-Scott and Jean's relationship is lettuce, toxic and uninteresting.

-A few strong opinions stated Gambit being one of the worst heroes, and the writers should have stuck to him being a villain. It would have worked better for him to be an X-Villain than this straddling the fence, type of hero/antihero.

-Wolverine is highly overrated and overused, let's draw attention away from him some (I doubt that's gonna happen lol)

-Jean Grey should have never become Phoenix, it's only ruined her character.

-Making Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver non-mutants was a good decision (WHY?!?!? it wasn't many that supported that)

-The Phoenix Force should have never been a thing.

-The Phoenix is a great idea, but should be like the Force in Star Wars, not what writers have written it as.

-The Phoenix Force needs a new "one true host" and leave all Greys for good.

-White Phoenix of the Crown is over the top, and shouldn't exist. Just "Green" Phoenix and Dark Phoenix is enough.

-Jim Lee is overrated. Too many reasons they gave.

-Gambit is one of the best heroes, however his potential has yet to be realized all because of Claremont (whom they say) had total lack of vision and understanding for Gambit's character and his potential. Thus all subsequent writers have failed developing him into what he could be.

-Hope Summers is the worst, most annoying mutant ever, the idea of her being the Mutant Messiah and White Phoenix is plain dumb and awful.

-Lastly, we need Professor X to become the villain, and Magneto becomes the hero.

If I think of some more, I'll jot them down LOL

Original Phoenix saga is similar moment in X-men as revelation that Darth Vader was Luke's father in Star Wars. It was great at the time, but left a dark legacy that after it only thing Star Wars writers could ever think up was more 'shocking' revelations about who is related to whom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Original Phoenix saga is similar moment in X-men as revelation that Darth Vader was Luke's father in Star Wars. It was great at the time, but left a dark legacy that after it only thing Star Wars writers could ever think up was more 'shocking' revelations about who is related to whom.
    I agree with that on Star Wars, and yes, that's the point many made with the Phoenix Force. Speaking to just the Force (SW) itself, that mystical element of the franchise was handled way better than Marvel with the Phoenix. I think retconning the Phoenix was a smart move, but the moves following it led the concept into a downward spiral. I'm personally not big on the Phoenix (accept for the concepts the fans are coming up with. Those ideas I can't wait to see manifest), but... to me, the Phoenix Force has yet to see a good story past Claremont's original Phoenix Saga.

Poor Phoenix, Marvel won't let it rest; I would be more bothered by how it's being used in the Avengers, but I don't have the energy to care.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Poor Phoenix, Marvel won't let it rest; I would be more bothered by how it's being used in the Avengers, but I don't have the energy to care.
    As in a comic? Is that the one with Namor calling on the Phoneix, or some ****?

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    As in a comic? Is that the one with Namor calling on the Phoneix, or some ****?
    Yeah a comic, the whole Avengers BC and now they’re using the Phoenix for another event. Just, SMH.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

I'll go another route.

I don't care about the phoenix at all.

It's one of marvel's worse cosmics/Lamer versions of jean Grey (Which says a lot cause a lot of Jean Grey sucks) and the only reason people give a damn is cause it's one of the things that arose from claremont's run.

Yeah a comic, the whole Avengers BC and now they’re using the Phoenix for another event. Just, SMH.
    The Avengers BC could have been cool. The Phoenix was unnecessary though... also, they need to stop forcing a SEA CREATURE (Namor) to being Phoenix. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'll go another route.

I don't care about the phoenix at all.

It's one of marvel's worse cosmics/Lamer versions of jean Grey (Which says a lot cause a lot of Jean Grey sucks) and the only reason people give a damn is cause it's one of the things that arose from claremont's run.
    LOL well... trust me you're not alone... you sound like some of the ppl in our focus group LOL

I do like how... we the fans, came up with a compelling Phoenix narrative to... "fix" what canon writers have done to it...

Logan was more inspired by Old Man Logan than Death of Wolverine; the only important plot point taken from DoW was that Logan could die.
    This.

Plus, Wolverine dying because he's so old that his healing factor's burning out and he's being poisoned by the adamantium in his body is a lot more poignant than him suffocating to death from being completely encased in adamantium.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    This.

Plus, Wolverine dying because he's so old that his healing factor's burning out and he's being poisoned by the adamantium in his body is a lot more poignant than him suffocating to death from being completely encased in adamantium.
    I thought the reason was that all the stuff in the air they used to keep mutants from being born was messing with his healing factor, meaning he actually ages?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I thought the reason was that all the stuff in the air they used to keep mutants from being born was messing with his healing factor, meaning he actually ages?
    No, and it was stuff in the food, not in the air.

Here's another possibly unpopular/controversial opinion: Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame was a disappointing two-part finale to the Thanos conflict in the MCU and the X-Men shouldn't be forcibly fit into the same template. I don't think there should be solo films for any of the characters - and that includes Wolverine of course.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.